2011 Class 4A Top Team Predictions

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would like to hear some thoughts on the top teams in Class 4A for 2011? Howdoitknow - I know you focus a great deal on 3A, what are your thoughts on 4A this coming year?

10. White House - Return a lot of kids that went 7-6 last year

9. Fulton- Known for great teams and athletes. Don’t know how the coaching change will hurt them

8. Red Bank- Return quite a few people on Offense

7. David Lipscomb- Always have a solid team and have players step up year after year.

6. Mitchell- Lose RB Artavas Gibson but return a lot of skilled players

5. Liberty – always athletic and fast

4. Giles Co. – Have most of their playmakers coming back after a decent season

3. Signal Mountain- Return a lot from last years 2 A state championship team but lose 3 tough players in Hogan Whitmire (QB), Gervell Morgan (RB/LB), Donnie Garner (RB/LB).

2. MapleWood- Return some good playmakers in RB LaDarius Vanleer and Denzel Jones. Vanleer was tough to stop in the panthers semi final loss to the Devils last Year.

1. Greeneville- To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Greeneville loses 4 players from last years championship team. The Defense will be led by 2 D1 prospects in Jamel Hall and Terrell Rollins and also have great special teams in 2 time all state kicker Ben Ogle. You better be able to hold Greeneville to less than 14 points if you expect to beat them.

10. White House - Return a lot of kids that went 7-6 last year

9. Fulton- Known for great teams and athletes. Don’t know how the coaching change will hurt them

8. Red Bank- Return quite a few people on Offense

7. David Lipscomb- Always have a solid team and have players step up year after year.

6. Mitchell- Lose RB Artavas Gibson but return a lot of skilled players

5. Liberty – always athletic and fast

4. Giles Co. – Have most of their playmakers coming back after a decent season

3. Signal Mountain- Return a lot from last years 2 A state championship team but lose 3 tough players in Hogan Whitmire (QB), Gervell Morgan (RB/LB), Donnie Garner (RB/LB).

2. MapleWood- Return some good playmakers in RB LaDarius Vanleer and Denzel Jones. Vanleer was tough to stop in the panthers semi final loss to the Devils last Year.

1. Greeneville- To be the champ you have to beat the champ. Greeneville loses 4 players from last years championship team. The Defense will be led by 2 D1 prospects in Jamel Hall and Terrell Rollins and also have great special teams in 2 time all state kicker Ben Ogle. You better be able to hold Greeneville to less than 14 points if you expect to beat them.

4a competition is on a different level that 2a competition, and though Signal Mountain will be good I don't see them doing that well, or as well for as high as you have them. Saw White House play last year and they looked to be a decent team, I think I would have them along with David Lipscomb above Signal Mountain. I believe Greeneville and Maplewood are nobrainers...

4a competition is on a different level that 2a competition, and though Signal Mountain will be good I don't see them doing that well, or as well for as high as you have them. Saw White House play last year and they looked to be a decent team, I think I would have them along with David Lipscomb above Signal Mountain. I believe Greeneville and Maplewood are nobrainers...

1.) Greeneville: like Ric Flair said "to be the man you have to beat the man" and right now the Green Devils are #1 in 4A

2.) Maplewood: explosive athletes everywhere combined with the motivation of coming up 1 week short of the state title game last year should put the Panthers over the hump this time around

3.) White House: the Blue Devils were the "surprise team" of the postseason last year and this year they won't have to surprise anyone with the players they return

4.) Fulton: Black takes over as coach following Coatney's resignation but nothing will change as far as the way things operate in Falcon Country

5.) Signal Mountain: the known here is that they will be very good because they have the athletes and the resources to be a championship team as we saw last year however the unknown is the difference between 2A and 4A

6.) David Lipscomb: the Mustangs will again be an elite team as they return some key parts from a quarterfinalist squad of a year ago

7.) Mitchell: like Maplewood the athletes are not short in stock here which makes them the top threat from the west in my mind

8.) Giles County: the Bobcats return a good core from last year's squad and they'll be hungry following last year's early playoff exit to their "postseason nemisis"

9.) Macon County: it's Pemberton's second year in charge of the program and they return many key cogs from a squad that got much better as the year progressed last season

10.) Red Bank: they return a bunch from last year and this year could be a special year for them

I guess Donovan Stewart with the Tennessee High School Football Examiner doesn't share your opinion as he has Signal Mountain ranked 2nd behind Greeneville. But time will tell :thumb:

Oh, we did get to play 5 teams from higher classifications last year and Mercy Ruled all of them. We also beat Red Bank in the jamboree 13-0 in just one quarter. I know only a jamboree, but I will say Red Bank really wanted to beat SM. And I couldn't help but notice that Maplewood only beat Red Bank 20-15 in the playoffs. :roflolk:

Also there is already a thread open "Best in 4A 2011" and it has some predictions.

I guess Donovan Stewart with the Tennessee High School Football Examiner doesn't share your opinion as he has Signal Mountain ranked 2nd behind Greeneville. But time will tell :thumb:

Oh, we did get to play 5 teams from higher classifications last year and Mercy Ruled all of them. We also beat Red Bank in the jamboree 13-0 in just one quarter. I know only a jamboree, but I will say Red Bank really wanted to beat SM. And I couldn't help but notice that Maplewood only beat Red Bank 20-15 in the playoffs.

Also there is already a thread open "Best in 4A 2011" and it has some predictions.

Wow Hixson, Sequoyah, Seq. Co, and East Hamilton are some hard teams to mercy rule...... :rolleyes::roflol: :roflol:

I liked where howdoitknow had everyone. Personally I would have switched David Lipscomb and Signal Mountain. I know Signal Mountain is good and will be good, but I just don't see them beating Greeneville and Maplewood. Macon County has it tough with Goodpasture and White House in their district, so it'll be interesting to see how they fair this upcoming year.

I liked where howdoitknow had everyone. Personally I would have switched David Lipscomb and Signal Mountain. I know Signal Mountain is good and will be good, but I just don't see them beating Greeneville and Maplewood. Macon County has it tough with Goodpasture and White House in their district, so it'll be interesting to see how they fair this upcoming year.

excellent post

All put up more of a fight than Boyd 51-12. Heck that was almost like having a bye week before the championship game :roflol:

We would of got to put that type of beating on you guys had you not screwed it up and lost to Cascade. :roflol: :roflol:

Were you not cheering loud enough that night or something to lose what, like a 21 point lead or something?