2011 Class 4A Top Team Predictions

White House vs. Greenville in the finals! Blue vs. green devils.

Its GreenEville lol.....I hope that part of the state can actually send a team to the Championship game that wont get slaughtered like they did last year. Whoever makes it out of the East will win it once again.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its GreenEville lol.....I hope that part of the state can actually send a team to the Championship game that wont get slaughtered like they did last year. Whoever makes it out of the East will win it once again.

Actually it will depend on how the T$$AA slices the pie. Someone from the middle gets a seat in the West. Looks like they wanted a Lexington - Maplewood/GreenEville match-up last year. But rinky dink T moved on after the Lex choked. Say it ain"t so. :ph34r:

I wuz thinkin the championship game should be North/South rather than East/West. It would make CookeVegas more exciting. But then I realized if we did that, them fellers out west wouldn't have no balls whatsoever.:roflol:

Im not just a fan,im a participant.we'll post anything the coach allows on our thread.hey NUT,go scratch,and not like a cat if you know what i mean. ;)

if you want to play in the big leagues with us,why dont you first try to earn your wings on redbank or smeagle1?they are pretty fundamental.this is higher order stuff.hmmmkay?

Well, I'm a dad and fan but my two sons are players. BTW they both are wearing HS State Championship rings. One has graduated and has his in football, and the other won a ring in another sport and will be looking for one in football as he's just a rising sophomore. Their school has a great pedigree in football with multiple state championships. Their team and district have not had a problem with Red Bank. Signal Mountain still needs to show-up in 4A. Now get your mom to make you a PBJ...and go pet your kitty.

Edited by sportsnutdad

Well, I'm a dad and fan but my two sons are players. BTW they both are wearing HS State Championship rings. One has graduated and has his in football, and the other won a ring in another sport and will be looking for one in football as he's just a rising sophomore. Their school has a great pedigree in football with multiple state championships. Their team and district have not had a problem with Red Bank. Signal Mountain still needs to show-up in 4A. Now get your mom to make you a PBJ...and go pet your kitty.

once again,this is a football thread,nobody cares about your son's field hockey ring.regardless of how many championships your school has won,you indicate he has only one.At best your youngest kid will only have 3,pretty good for anywhere but Signal.i will have 4 when i graduate.thanks for idea about the PBJ...and i dont have a cat.go scratch and brag somewhere else,old man.

White House is located in middle Tennessee. Trezevant is located in west Tennessee. The only middle Tennessee team Greeneville beat during their postseason run last November was Maplewood. Maplewood wasn't "slaughtered" by Greeneville last year. It was a very close and competitive contest. Prior to beating Maplewood in last year's semifinals the Green Devils last matchup against a middle Tennessee foe was their title game loss to Giles County in 2009. That was also a very good battle.

White House is located in middle Tennessee. Trezevant is located in west Tennessee. The only middle Tennessee team Greeneville beat during their postseason run last November was Maplewood. Maplewood wasn't "slaughtered" by Greeneville last year. It was a very close and competitive contest. Prior to beating Maplewood in last year's semifinals the Green Devils last matchup against a middle Tennessee foe was their title game loss to Giles County in 2009. That was also a very good battle.

HOWDOITKNOW2 - Thanks for the input. As usual you made some valid points, and have some good knowledge across districts and classifications.

I saw Maplewood up close during the season and also was at state semi-final game vs Greeneville. Greeneville is certainly a very good team. However, Maplewood played a terrible game on the offensive side of ball. If they had just kept from shooting themselves in the foot time-after-time the game could have turned out differently. Both teams should be very good again this year and "in the hunt" for a state championship. Greeneville might be the favorite, but you have to be more than a very good team to win it all. You also need a bit of luck. An injury, or one bad game against a hot opponent can end your season.

Edited by sportsnutdad

The point being is last year White House got placed in the West side of the Bracket because it is located more west than any other middle tennessee team (A much weaker side and didn't make it out). The only 4A team that even had a legit shot of winning state from middle tennessee was Maplewood. The Greeneville Team last year was a year older stronger and smarter than the team that played against Giles Co. the year before and probably twice as good. This year they returned alot from the 09 and 10 team.

Edited by Swipes

HOWDOITKNOW2 - Thanks for the input. As usual you made some valid points, and have some good knowledge across districts and classifications.

I saw Maplewood up close during the season and also was at state semi-final game vs Greeneville. Greeneville is certainly a very good team. However, Maplewood played a terrible game on the offensive side of ball. If they had just kept from shooting themselves in the foot time-after-time the game could have turned out differently. Both teams should be very good again this year and "in the hunt" for a state championship. Greeneville might be the favorite, but you have to be more than a very good team to win it all. You also need a bit of luck. An injury, or one bad game against a hot opponent can end your season.

The Game between Greeneville and Maplewood was the worse Greeneville played all year also on the O side of the ball. I feel like alot of that had to do that it being a wet and muddy field for both Greeneville and Maplewood and Greeneville wasn't use to that since they play on a turf field.

The Game between Greeneville and Maplewood was the worse Greeneville played all year also on the O side of the ball. I feel like alot of that had to do that it being a wet and muddy field for both Greeneville and Maplewood and Greeneville wasn't use to that since they play on a turf field.

that field was turning to ice late in the game... Greeneville's D was the difference...a D that returns all but 3 starters. Mel and Rell will dominate again.

All are good and valid points. I would also add that poor weather usually hurts the faster team more. Eventhough Greeneville has very good speed, I would still give the advantage in team speed to Maplewood. If there were better field conditions, I would again put my money on Maplewood and their two running backs.

All are good and valid points. I would also add that poor weather usually hurts the faster team more. Eventhough Greeneville has very good speed, I would still give the advantage in team speed to Maplewood. If there were better field conditions, I would again put my money on Maplewood and their two running backs.

I agree that Maplewood might have had overall team speed, but i also can say that Greeneville had the 2 fastest players on the field in Carmichael (4.4 40) and Shuffler(4.43 40). Greeneville also was better coached and a more physical team proven from the 12 play drive that sealed the deal for the Devils in the 4th quarter.