Williamson County

*So I hear that Indy has only 35 varsity players and 15 freshmen? Why is this? How do you compete if this is true? (can't wait to hear sarahpalin's answer)

I wanted to make mention of something passed along to me. Read below.

*Centennial High School Free Youth Football Camp

June 20th thru June 23rd

10:00 - 12:00 daily

at Centennial High School

Ages 6-14 (rising 1st through 8th graders)

1st through 4th will be separate from 5th through 8th

Cost: FREE!!!!

Fall can't get here soon enough.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*So I hear that Indy has only 35 varsity players and 15 freshmen? Why is this? How do you compete if this is true? (can't wait to hear sarahpalin's answer)

June 20th thru June 23rd

sorry - i have been doing the tea party bus tour, well actually enjoying last few months here in Destin .....

INDY - only 35 players ? I will make a call to see about that but I really dont think its at 35 ,way to low for that size of school , yes Summit has taken some but...........

Indy some are touting thier defense, i think 9 of 11 return, but when you have no offense/and a bad head coach your in trouble

June 20th thru June 23rd

That stupid internet! It is true "The internet is the Devil's Playground".

Thatz what I'll blame it on.

June 20th thru June 23rd

While I am unsure of my facts, Williamson has a very unusual way of placing students in schools. They seem to give students the grand tour of schools all thru their secondary school career. Its got to be effective or they would not do it, If this follows thru High School, it could be the problem. Maybe its the tax structure in Thompson Station or maybe less population in that area or new High School at Summitt. Something is happening though with a number of the schools as some schools are reporting an inordinate number of students trying out for school teams and some schools have only the minimum. Must be a computer glitch in placement. Or maybe thats not built in :rolleyes::rolleyes: .

Players and parents will gravitate to programs that are successful, well disciplined and teach fundamentals. Williamson County is no different and with numerous head coaching changes the face of football is changing in Wilco Land. :popcorneater:

Hogan what have you been smoking? Fundamentals? Head coaches aren't going to allow any of their precious time to be spent on fundamentals. Kids are expected to show up in Middle School with all the skills and techniques they will need to carry them through High School ball. Run the O, run the O, then a little defense and squeeze in some special teams.

However; I do agree that families will move to an area to attend a school that has a strong football history.