TSSAA Umpire Fees

binns37388

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sir, the coaches do not get raises from TSSAA; their school handles salaries.

May I also suggest that you strap on a pair of shinguards, a chest protector, plate shoes, a mask, and put an indicator in your hand before judging the work we do-most because we love the game from having played in HS/college and desire to give baCk to the game we so love. If you prefer to not do that, you are welcome to attend a game and watch my crew as we perform to the best of our "less than stringent qualifications" and I will be most happy to show you the way to the parking lot after we eject your sorry butt for disrespecting my partners and/or me. "YOU ARE OUTTA HERE"!!AS POINTING TO THE NEAREST EXIT AND/OR PARKING LOT FOR YOUR TIMELY DEPARTURE!!

I don't have a problem with the raise however I do have problem with some umpires thinking they are the star of the show and there is no umpire accountability. In a big district game two years ago they blew the rule about batting out of turn not one but both umpires and I got confined. This kind of thing is what upsets coaches and fans about umpiring

So, the umpires made a mistake.

They obviously should have known the rules. No excuse for not knowing the rules for an umpire.

Coaches make mistakes too. How did the offensive team's coach not notice they were batting out of order? I guess that was a mistake, too.

Coach, have you ever gotten someone thrown out at home? Another mistake.

Mistakes happen.

Agreed but officials should know the rules and I did catch it after first pitch and sent the correct hitter to the plate and by mistake the umpire called him out instead of letting him assume the count. The point I am making is that umpires have no accountability and they try to steal the show not all umpires but just a few bad ones that care nothing about the integrity of the game

That's brilliant!!!!!! The state and schools have funding issues already and umpires, who do this as a 2nd job, are wanting to strike. Unfortunately that as much as some of them know about strikes anyway. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! GAMES START IN less than 3 months.

Great, since it's not about the kids... strike on! The local optical centers can give us a list of candidates to fill in. Happy Holidays.

I don't know about striking, maybe to send a message, but that's kind of a dire message.

But, umpires are independent contractors, and they could have chosen to work or not work, under the pay system in place.

It is kind of cheesy they were promised a single game increase and the State backed out on it, though.

The State does need to get rid of those stupid blue hats and black jackets. Either go all blue or all black, not a mix. My suggestion would be all black, that's what most college umpire associations have gone to.

Edited by catsbackr

Great, since it's not about the kids... strike on! The local optical centers can give us a list of candidates to fill in. Happy Holidays.

First off, I'm not an umpire, so...

Secondly, this isn't about the kids, it's about a commitment made by the TSSAA to umpires across the state that they backed out of.