Robert Hubbs

yankees8589

yankees, I understand what you said. Like I said, I'm not bashing what you were saying. I believe he'll have a very good hs career by the time he leaves DC. He could go down as the greatest Choctaw basketball player to come through there (even over Perry Powell). Depending on if Hubbs gets better over the next 2 years will dictate everything we're debating. If he works hard and continues to get better...there's a good possibility he could be a big time player in a big time conference. If he's just satisfied with how good he is now, he'll be playing in the OVC. It all depends on how bad he wants it.

I just want to give you something to think about. Hubbs made the 1000 pts. club at DC and did it in only 2 years and 3 games into his high school career. Just wonder how many players have made the 1000 pts. club that fast. He really has been putting on a show at DC the last few games. This kid is the best ever at DC right now.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Robert is very good and he is still only a Junior and he may turn out the best. But is not yet equaled Perry Powell in all around player. Agree Robert has more upside and college future.

That is certainly a great debate. I think there is no question PP so far, is the better of the 2 as a shooter. He was a flat out assassin! However, I kind of lean toward Hubbs in all the other categories . He is 6'5 now, and still growing and his athletic abilities are off the charts. With that combination, he will is a nightmare matchup at the 1,2, or 3. He also has a good BB IQ that will help him pickup a new system in college quickly as well.

According to rivals, Hubbs is 6'4 and 185 lbs. To be honest, that's not really a nightmare for someone to guard at a high level of D1 ball at the 2 spot. Adonis Thomas is 6'6 and plays the 3 and is much stronger than Hubbs. Not bashing Hubbs, but last time I saw him play, his handles were nowhere close enough to be able to run the PG position in a big time conference. I know he's only a junior right now, but he's going to have to put on more muscle before he get's into college. I'm still not doubting that Hubbs is a big time player, but I'm also not convinced that he's any better than Perry Powell was. However, I'll see Hubbs play this weekend, most likely. I'll give my honest downright opinion after I see him play again. Has anymore big time D1's shown up at DC lately?

Edited by GCPioneer

According to rivals, Hubbs is 6'4 and 185 lbs. To be honest, that's not really a nightmare for someone to guard at a high level of D1 ball at the 2 spot. Adonis Thomas is 6'6 and plays the 3 and is much stronger than Hubbs. Not bashing Hubbs, but last time I saw him play, his handles were nowhere close enough to be able to run the PG position in a big time conference. I know he's only a junior right now, but he's going to have to put on more muscle before he get's into college. I'm still not doubting that Hubbs is a big time player, but I'm also not convinced that he's any better than Perry Powell was. However, I'll see Hubbs play this weekend, most likely. I'll give my honest downright opinion after I see him play again. Has anymore big time D1's shown up at DC lately?

Hubbs is a better all around player than Powell.You can also tell were he been lifting weights during the offseason.I watched him guard Austin Nichols and Leron Black at the play day in Millington and did a very good job against them.He is a very talented player and he is also unselfish.I also seen very good handles and decision making during the playday.He will get stronger once he get to college and start working with a personal trainer.

According to rivals, Hubbs is 6'4 and 185 lbs.To be honest, that's not really a nightmare for someone to guard at a high level of D1 ball at the 2 spot. Adonis Thomas is 6'6 and plays the 3 and is much stronger than Hubbs. Not bashing Hubbs, but last time I saw him play, his handles were nowhere close enough to be able to run the PG position in a big time conference. I know he's only a junior right now, but he's going to have to put on more muscle before he get's into college. I'm still not doubting that Hubbs is a big time player, but I'm also not convinced that he's any better than Perry Powell was. However, I'll see Hubbs play this weekend, most likely. I'll give my honest downright opinion after I see him play again. Has anymore big time D1's shown up at DC lately?

His profile on Rivals hasn't been updated since last spring. I am a legit 6'3 and when standing next to him he is 2 inches taller than me. He will get to 6'6 by next year.

Hubbs is a better all around player than Powell.You can also tell were he been lifting weights during the offseason.I watched him guard Austin Nichols and Leron Black at the play day in Millington and did a very good job against them.He is a very talented player and he is also unselfish.I also seen very good handles and decision making during the playday.He will get stronger once he get to college and start working with a personal trainer.

He's gotten better since last year then. Last year, in the games I saw, he didn't handle the ball well enough to be a D1 PG. I'm not saying he's not talented, but I feel pretty confident in saying that he ws not better than Powell last year. I'll see him this weekend though. I agree that he will get bigger once he get's on a weight program.

He's gotten better since last year then. Last year, in the games I saw, he didn't handle the ball well enough to be a D1 PG. I'm not saying he's not talented, but I feel pretty confident in saying that he ws not better than Powell last year. I'll see him this weekend though. I agree that he will get bigger once he get's on a weight program.

He does not project as a PG at the next level. He is a 2 or a 3. He handles the ball we enough to play either one of those.