Robert Hubbs

yankees8589

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yankees, I understand what you said. Like I said, I'm not bashing what you were saying. I believe he'll have a very good hs career by the time he leaves DC. He could go down as the greatest Choctaw basketball player to come through there (even over Perry Powell). Depending on if Hubbs gets better over the next 2 years will dictate everything we're debating. If he works hard and continues to get better...there's a good possibility he could be a big time player in a big time conference. If he's just satisfied with how good he is now, he'll be playing in the OVC. It all depends on how bad he wants it.

His Dad will keep his head on straight. I know him and he's raised a good kid that will continue to grow into a good young man. He will keep working and go to a school that he will be able to make an impact. Where that will be, only time will tell. He might go down as the best player in DC history but Perry's legend will be hard to top. He won't be like some kids from West TN that never went to school or put on a college uniform.

?????????????????????????

Fred Yarbrough

UT Chattanooga possibly....some people saying Ole Miss and Miss State interested but that is most likely an OVERSTATEMENT...I don't see that happening. Kid can ball and play insane defense but he ain't SEC caliber, in my opinion.

Edited by yankees8589

Fred Yarbrough

UT Chattanooga possibly....some people saying Ole Miss and Miss State interested but that is most likely an OVERSTATEMENT...I don't see that happening. Kid can ball and play insane defense but he ain't SEC caliber, in my opinion.

I think that is a pretty fair assessment of his talent. Of course if he went to Tennessee it would be a huge upgrade from what they have on the roster now.LOL! I had him projected a low to mid-major talent. I always though Murray State or possibly even Western Kentucky would be the type of school that might be interested in his services.

• 3 weeks later...

This kid has a chance to be really good and even raise his stock. Natural scores with advanced offensive skills for a kid this age are few and far between. You will find kids as athletic with the upside but this kid can put the ball in the hole in so many ways. He has a part of his game that is advanced beyond his years. Coaches see this and see that he has enough going for him that he is not as limited as other kids at the next level. Kid has the chance to be a 2 guard with size that can score. I believe in this kids game and think ahead to where he 3will have the body and skills to make a significant contribution at the High Major level. I made a comment he could end up being one of the top 25 players in his class. Who knows? To many unknowns but if he continues to progress physically and skill wise he is going to be really good, I think.