Barbee, Riverdale gives intention to Georgia

PHargis

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While nothing outside of the rules in any way, the transfer situation in Girls Basketball in Rutherford has heated up. Riverdale picks up a very good post player from Siegel. This is the second player in this class that transferred and went to another school since the Middle School transition. The other player went to Oakland which also was not outside the rules. Both players will lose no playing time. The floodgates are opening all over the State with loopholes all over the system. This likely will not change and is doing what the rules meant for it to do all over the State. As happens, this too will pass.

Edited by PHargis

While nothing outside of the rules in any way, the transfer situation in Girls Basketball in Rutherford has heated up. Riverdale picks up a very good post player from Siegel. This is the second player in this class that transferred and went to another school since the Middle School transition. The other player went to Oakland which also was not outside the rules. Both players will lose no playing time. The floodgates are opening all over the State with loopholes all over the system. This likely will not change and is doing what the rules meant for it to do all over the State. As happens, this too will pass.

whoa, would you be referring to Shelby Davenport. If so this is huge Riverdale probably is a lock to win the district and region again if thats the case. Granted they were favored anyway

While what is playing out is playing out, I am sure there will be a lot of things mentioned on this site about a lot of things concerning this and and some other situations about this coming year. Athletics play an important part in a students school life. All the I's and T's have not been validified but the way things have happened, sitting out a year is the only thing may happen.

Edited by PHargis

While what is playing out is playing out, I am sure there will be a lot of things mentioned on this site about a lot of things concerning this and and some other situations about this coming year. Athletics play an important part in a students school life. All the I's and T's have not been validified but the way things have happened, sitting out a year is the only thing may happen.

What seems more of an impact instead of this coming year, the development the next few years of Riverdale in the post certainly enhances thier chances with the other players coming back.

This certainly does not give the school a lock on District, Region but puts a target on the back of the Coaches and Players at RD for the next 3 years. There are certainly some great players at other schools in the District that will have something to say about the play.

What seems more of an impact instead of this coming year, the development the next few years of Riverdale in the post certainly enhances thier chances with the other players coming back.

This certainly does not give the school a lock on District, Region but puts a target on the back of the Coaches and Players at RD for the next 3 years. There are certainly some great players at other schools in the District that will have something to say about the play.

Surprise, Surprise. Riverdale is the new Shelbyville. Transfer, Transfer, Transfer. Its ashame the homegrown Riverdale girls that want to play high school basketball don't get a chance to due to these transfers.

Anybody have any news on transfers to Blackman or any other District 7aaa schools. Everybody will need a lot of really good ones. Otherwise everybody will lose by 40 or 50 points. Is it really that much fun to win by that much with a team full of recruits?

Edited by Blazeallthewaze

Surprise, Surprise. Riverdale is the new Shelbyville. Transfer, Transfer, Transfer. Its ashame the homegrown Riverdale girls that want to play high school basketball don't get a chance to due to these transfers.

Anybody have any news on transfers to Blackman or any other District 7aaa schools. Everybody will need a lot of really good ones. Otherwise everybody will lose by 40 or 50 points. Is it really that much fun to win by that much with a team full of recruits?

Yes, one chess player and a mascot are heading your way. Just kidding, how did this page go from Cobi's intention to go to Georgia to transfers coming to Riverdale? Shouldn't happen on this page. OBTW

The chess player decided to go to Oakland:)

Blackman has had their fair share. I seem to remember a girl from Hendersonville among others. Smyrna is also into the fray. I don't know how anyone could coach in Rutherford County. First, the district is the best in the state. Second, the players move with no regard for anyone but themselves.

The talk probably moved over to transfers because there was little talk about Barbee being a verbal to Georgia. There really isn't a lot to say about it, everybody knows she's a premier player in the state.

May as well add this, yesterday was told Mt Juliet picked up a talented player who'd been living in Nashville. I didn't catch her name, but she's in the 6'0" range, long arms, plays hard, can go to the basket and can shoot the three. And that's not implying in the least there was anything done beyond the rules. Should be in 9th grade.

Blackman has had their fair share. I seem to remember a girl from Hendersonville among others. Smyrna is also into the fray. I don't know how anyone could coach in Rutherford County. First, the district is the best in the state. Second, the players move with no regard for anyone but themselves.

Yes Blackman has had their fair share. Blackman seems to get senior transfers that last 1 year. Riverdale gets Freshman transfers that last 4 years each which means in 4 years they have almost a full team of transfers. I don't know where all these players come from. I don't keep up with it that much. Just know every year they have a new great player. Back to Barbee, She is a great player and I believe will be a great player at Georgia. Congrats to her. Georgia definitely got a good one.