All Time BA team

Guest FSUNole17

Guest FSUNole17

hey, i was thinking of starting an all-time BA team, if anyone out there has suggestions, post em....... here are a few i thought of off the top of my head.....

DB- Mikki Allen, BJ Jordan, Jeff Brothers

LB- Jaman Bass, Tito Lee, Rhett Fordham, Jake Slaughter

DL- Jason Rowlett, Scott Wells, Crawford Smith, Kevin Lutrell

DE- Austin Kemp, Travis Simpson

QB- Paul Murray, Kent Austin, Lance Phillips, John Patton

RB- Nick Peeples, Kurston Biggers, Tito Lee, Dan Coley

WR- Allen Jackson, Bo Clift, brad perry

TE- Matt Hoppe, Travis Simpson

C- Scott Wells, Bubba Miller

G- Taylor Bourgeious, Reggie Williams

T- Josh Swords, Richard Land

Punter- Kody Bliss

Kicker- Kody Bliss, Matt Young, Micheal Agee

PR- Kurston Biggers, Hunter Atkins

KR- Kurston Biggers, Hunter Atkins

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, this looks like a great list. I can't think of any changes I would make, but I have only seriously followed BA football for 8 years now (starting with the great 1995 team, think I'm spoiled?). Still, I do know a good bit about the Eagles' past, and this appears to be a fabulous consolidation of the best BA has to offer. Wow, what would it have been like to see these guys play at the same time? Maybe a bit like '95 and '96, eh? Anyway, great post, and enjoy your good mark.

Guest FSUNole17

DB- Mikki Allen (UT), BJ Jordan(small georgia college), Jeff Brothers(Vandy)

LB- Jaman Bass(Nebraska walk-on), Tito Lee(good enough to go anywhere, but tragically died way too early), Rhett Fordham, Jake Slaughter(Auburn)

DL- Jason Rowlett, Scott Wells(UT), Crawford Smith, Kevin Lutrell(Memphis, also died way too early)

DE- Austin Kemp(UT), Travis Simpson

QB- Paul Murray(knee injury hampered any QB hopes, punted at Bama), Kent Austin(CFL), Lance Phillips, John Patton(Vandy)

RB- Nick Peeples, Kurston Biggers(UT), Tito Lee, Dan Coley

WR- Allen Jackson(UTC), Bo Clift(West Point), Brad perry (TN Tech)

TE- Matt Hoppe, Travis Simpson

C- Scott Wells, Bubba Miller(UT, Eagles)

G- Taylor Bourgeious (AU), Reggie Williams(Samford)

T- Josh Swords(Bama), Richard Land(Texas)

Punter- Kody Bliss(anywhere he wants)

Kicker- Kody Bliss, Matt Young, Micheal Agee

PR- Kurston Biggers, Hunter Atkins

KR- Kurston Biggers, Hunter Atkins

If you had followed BA football for more than the 90's you could pick an all-time team. Guys like Irvin Paisley, Robin Perry( UT), Mike McIntyre (Vandy, Georgia Tech) and Jimmy Hockaday (Georgia). Other than Kent Austin, I see very few older guys. You know they did play football (and win state championships) before the 90's. Ask Coach Flatt about Paisley. I bet he wishes he had him still.

tito lee was the best football player i've ever seen at the high school level. such a tragic end...mikki allen is currently in the raiders organization. austin kemp was a 1st team parade all-american out of high school. kurston biggers played for 2 years at UT. bubba miller is now with the saints. ryan huskey also played at west point i believe. ian bass should be mentioned. he plays for ole miss right now. not sure crawford smith should really be on there. david harrison should at least get some mention. i think he batted down every pass thrown within 10 feet of him. he was a good pass rusher and could have made quite a TE as well. benji walker should definitely get mentioned if lance philips does. hes the current starter at vanderbilt. jerry vanderpool should be mentioned for d-line. starting at mtsu now. josh willoughby plays for mtsu now as well. basically, anyone who went on to play in college deserves some recognition. also, in a addition to kody, scott holmes should be there as a punter. he played for FSU for a year and transferred to samford. the team is definitely 90's loaded but honestly, i dont think there has ever been a team in TN that has been has dominate as the 95 and 96 teams were. also the 98 team was awesome with benji, ian, scott wells, etc. dr.knows, who else would you put on there from the past? john patton was a 79 grad. but otherwise not many older guys.

by the way, fsunole17 is my hero. he should be on there too. probly just being modest...

this is FSUNole17 by the way on a different name, i started this post with limited knowledge of only up to about 1994 and a few of the coaches that coached me....... i apoligize for the lack of recognition for the 70's and 80's players, it was not out of disrespect, just lack of knowing players...... i also realize that the bulk of the championships were won then so there should be more players of that era on the list...... but those were the ones that i just thought of at a moments notice, please add more, as i would like to learn more about the 70's and 80's players....thanks guys

Thanks for the kind words Gladiator1.I may not have been the best, but no one had more versatility.

I like to think I could be in the company of the great players mentioned, but there are some

names that have been overlooked. Let us not forget players such as Jeremy Spivey( he knocked people

out), Joe Taylor, Scott Speedy(great athlete), Tim Jones, Jimmy Hockaday, Joe Johnston and my list

could go on. Not meaning to sound cocky, but I would line up our '88' team against any of them

(even the all stars) and we would find a way to win. Class of '89