Big 8 Jamboree

We wrote the schedules down yesterday and chose our weekly games. Then we searched for any information on the 2011 Jamboree, but all we got were 2010. Anyway, does anyone have any info on the 2011 Jamboree? Has it been announced yet? If so, where will it be, when will it be, what's the matchups? I'm itching for some football. I watched the UNC/UT Bowl game replay on ESPNU last night. I guess the heat sort of gets to me. THANKS!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We wrote the schedules down yesterday and chose our weekly games. Then we searched for any information on the 2011 Jamboree, but all we got were 2010. Anyway, does anyone have any info on the 2011 Jamboree? Has it been announced yet? If so, where will it be, when will it be, what's the matchups? I'm itching for some football. I watched the UNC/UT Bowl game replay on ESPNU last night. I guess the heat sort of gets to me. THANKS!

August 11th @ South 6 pm. I'm not sure about the matchups.

When DB went over a couple of years ago with their old practice jerseys on.Everyone knew they didn't want to be there .DB felt like it was a waste of practice time and played everyone including the water boys.I said that would be my last time.It's great if you have a young kid and there to support him,but it's not worth two cents as a football fan.If we would all use it like a scrimmage game,it would be worth every penny.

When DB went over a couple of years ago with their old practice jerseys on.Everyone knew they didn't want to be there .DB felt like it was a waste of practice time and played everyone including the water boys.I said that would be my last time.It's great if you have a young kid and there to support him,but it's not worth two cents as a football fan.If we would all use it like a scrimmage game,it would be worth every penny.

I felt the same way when I was there as a spectator...that it's just a waste of time to go out and play a 12 minute quarter with a running clock. I much prefer the game like scrimmages that DB usually has.

And so goes the Dobyns Bennett attitude Batman. I remember it well. I, and many others, felt the disregard displayed by Graham Clark and his disrespectful lot. I say you should have stayed home. Better yet, leave the conference and go back to the Big East. Oh, but you can't do that can you. No but instead you will make sure everyone knows how discusted you are with your situation. That's the problem with you DB people...you have no honor. It's all about you and yours...never to consider the larger picture. I for one thoroughly enjoy each and every quarter of the Jamboree and feel it is a great way to begin the season by giving the fans a tidbit of things to come. In all of it's intended hoopla. And especially the hype. Hey, let's have the jamboree at J. Fred...would that make you happy? Would you wear your practice jerseys then? Incredible. Your post is a classic example of why DB is hated so badly. You are a good person Batman and your boys good young men and I enjoy your presence here but I'm sorry I just could not let this go. It is a bad attitude to have. Yes, not all enjoy the Jamboree...Greg Stubbs comes to mind...to endure it with malice is one thing but to publically show disregard by what Clark did? I lost all respect for him that night. And '04, I heard the Jamboree was to be held at Science Hill.

We should have stayed home Comp,and we should be in the big East,but I don't have anything to do with either .I could care less if the Jamboree was at J Fred as long as we play it the way I seen .I'm not wasting time or money.It's just one fans point of view and no disrespect intended toward South or the other schools in the Big 8.It's the same if I go to a movie and it flat out stinks.I will still go to the theatre,but not for the same stinking show.

We should have stayed home Comp,and we should be in the big East,but I don't have anything to do with either .I could care less if the Jamboree was at J Fred as long as we play it the way I seen .I'm not wasting time or money.It's just one fans point of view and no disrespect intended toward South or the other schools in the Big 8.It's the same if I go to a movie and it flat out stinks.I will still go to the theatre,but not for the same stinking show.

I see both sides, but 5 bucks for a showcase doesn't seem like it would break anyone up. The players certainly enjoy putting on the uniforms for the 1st time. I believe the kids like it and they're the ones putting in all the work to entertain us, so isn't that really what's important?

I see both sides, but 5 bucks for a showcase doesn't seem like it would break anyone up. The players certainly enjoy putting on the uniforms for the 1st time. I believe the kids like it and they're the ones putting in all the work to entertain us, so isn't that really what's important?

Your Probably right Crawdad for some of the schools,but our guys look more like they were just getting the practice uniforms dirty one more time before the wash.If we came out with the good stuff on and took it to heart,I wouldn't care what the cost.

I view it as a taste...taste of the Tri-Cities if you will. And I believe all Coaches should give a good effort...not the sandbagging that the Vikings did each year. The fans want to see a sampling of the best you've got and after all it's the fans that make it Friday Nights. If there were no fans the boys would play a bit different I believe. I understand needing to avoid early injuries. Yes, what a waste that is to be injured in the Jamboree. But a few coaches play the Jamboree no different than a game and South has been one of those schools that does this. Many people on the T actually lambast South for going no holds-barred in the Jamboree. I commend the South coaches for a fine display of talent to give the fans a sampling of things to come. I mean, do it right or don't do it at all. Hold it close to the vest...it's just BS. Play the game...and play it hard.

And so goes the Dobyns Bennett attitude Batman. I remember it well. I, and many others, felt the disregard displayed by Graham Clark and his disrespectful lot. I say you should have stayed home. Better yet, leave the conference and go back to the Big East. Oh, but you can't do that can you. No but instead you will make sure everyone knows how discusted you are with your situation. That's the problem with you DB people...you have no honor. It's all about you and yours...never to consider the larger picture. I for one thoroughly enjoy each and every quarter of the Jamboree and feel it is a great way to begin the season by giving the fans a tidbit of things to come. In all of it's intended hoopla. And especially the hype. Hey, let's have the jamboree at J. Fred...would that make you happy? Would you wear your practice jerseys then? Incredible. Your post is a classic example of why DB is hated so badly. You are a good person Batman and your boys good young men and I enjoy your presence here but I'm sorry I just could not let this go. It is a bad attitude to have. Yes, not all enjoy the Jamboree...Greg Stubbs comes to mind...to endure it with malice is one thing but to publically show disregard by what Clark did? I lost all respect for him that night. And '04, I heard the Jamboree was to be held at Science Hill.

^^^^ This guy gets it.

I love how DB fans wish they were stil in the big east for competition reasons or maybe they like riding a bus but either reason still makes no sense. They couldn't win a playoff game in the big east and they can't win a playoff game now. What's the excuse? Maybe if GC took all facets of the football field a little more serious maybe their post season fortunes might change. Either way they have some fine football players but sadly some terrible fans.

I view it as a taste...taste of the Tri-Cities if you will. And I believe all Coaches should give a good effort...not the sandbagging that the Vikings did each year. The fans want to see a sampling of the best you've got and after all it's the fans that make it Friday Nights. If there were no fans the boys would play a bit different I believe. I understand needing to avoid early injuries. Yes, what a waste that is to be injured in the Jamboree. But a few coaches play the Jamboree no different than a game and South has been one of those schools that does this. Many people on the T actually lambast South for going no holds-barred in the Jamboree. I commend the South coaches for a fine display of talent to give the fans a sampling of things to come. I mean, do it right or don't do it at all. Hold it close to the vest...it's just BS. Play the game...and play it hard.

Most of the schools in my opinion appear to sandbag. Maybe if they all played like South did it would be more enjoyable from a fan perspective. Put South up against DB or DB against SHS and might get more interesting. If only 4 or 5 teams were in it they could play two quarters each and it wouldn't seemingly fly by. One running team can easily chew up 8 or 9 minutes of the quarter leaving the other with very little time do anything on offense. I can see Clark's point because half of the running quarter is probably spent in the huddle.