FRANKLIN REBELS 2011

callofdooty

Taco,nothing meant by the post. Centennial has a very good fan in you. I am looking forward to seeing you at a game.This must be your first year to follow the cougars,I have been a fan for about six years and I have never seen you at a game. I will not need a roster,I can stand by you and get a little bio on each player playing.Also get a better understanding of what the offense and defense is doing. Can't wait.

I have said repeatedly that I am a new fan of CHS. After an abysmal season at Indy last year, I chose another team to follow. CHS seemed to be exciting and an up and comer, so why not root for the underdog?

I will need you to give me the bio on the players. I havent even seen a roster to really know names yet.

I have said repeatedly that I am a new fan of CHS. After an abysmal season at Indy last year, I chose another team to follow. CHS seemed to be exciting and an up and comer, so why not root for the underdog?

I will need you to give me the bio on the players. I havent even seen a roster to really know names yet.

I can do that,welcome to the cougars.

I feel like this thread should be called "CENTENNIAL HIGH SCHOOL COUGARS" instead of "FRANKLIN REBELS 2011" with the way Taco and everyone else has taken over this thread talking about how "up and coming the cougars are". Centennial definitely put a scare on Franklin last year, almost beating them. The fans for Centennial acted like they won that game after the whole Centennial student section rushed the field after in excitement (I can say I have never seen a losing team's student section storm a field after losing but I guess losing by less then 10 is a big deal in these young kids minds over at CHS). Though I do think Centennial will be better this year then most years, I do not see the FHS vs. CHS game being near that close this year. Yameek Woods, CHS's projected 2nd best player, is now over at Franklin, which will not only hurt Centennial, but help out Franklin a lot on offense. People around the league say Franklin is slow; this kid definitely helps the offensive speed. Like many have said, Franklin's returning starters on offense and defense will help the team start off fast this year (unlike some other years in the past) and eventually lead this team to winning the district. Goodluck to the rest of the district. Personally I can't wait for the FHS vs. BHS game, it is always exciting from the kickoff!

• Upvote 1

For anyone who was wondering, this is the exact definition of a fair-weather fan.

I feel like this thread should be called "CENTENNIAL HIGH SCHOOL COUGARS" instead of "FRANKLIN REBELS 2011" with the way Taco and everyone else has taken over this thread talking about how "up and coming the cougars are". Centennial definitely put a scare on Franklin last year, almost beating them. The fans for Centennial acted like they won that game after the whole Centennial student section rushed the field after in excitement (I can say I have never seen a losing team's student section storm a field after losing but I guess losing by less then 10 is a big deal in these young kids minds over at CHS). Though I do think Centennial will be better this year then most years, I do not see the FHS vs. CHS game being near that close this year. Yameek Woods, CHS's projected 2nd best player, is now over at Franklin, which will not only hurt Centennial, but help out Franklin a lot on offense. People around the league say Franklin is slow; this kid definitely helps the offensive speed. Like many have said, Franklin's returning starters on offense and defense will help the team start off fast this year (unlike some other years in the past) and eventually lead this team to winning the district. Goodluck to the rest of the district. Personally I can't wait for the FHS vs. BHS game, it is always exciting from the kickoff!

Why is this player now at Franklin? What happened? Why would the second best player(as you stated) leave and go to a rival school? What's up with that?

Why is this player now at Franklin? What happened? Why would the second best player(as you stated) leave and go to a rival school? What's up with that?

I am not sure if it had to do with either his family moving houses or being rezoned into the Franklin area instead of Centennial area. Either way, both the unapproved website website and magazine says he was expected to be the 2nd best player on the Centennial squad this year as a sophomore. You can never correctly predict a sophomore because of the inexperience, but I've talked to some people and they have all said the kid flies and will help the offense out. But to answer your question, I really don't know the exact reason, I am just taking a guess on one of those two reasonings!

Word around CHS is that the kid got in trouble during the summer and was not going to be allowed to play for CHS for this season, per Rector. He jumped ship and went to FHS where Clayton received him with open arms, even though he knows the kid stole a car and was not going to be allowed to play at CHS.

The problem is that the kid is not eligible and could cause FHS to forfeit every game he plays in.

Second thing is that he was no where near the #2 player at CHS. Not even close. #5 at best for speed.

FHS is getting desperate to take this kid and think about playing him.

Have fun with this one, FHS fans. I know you like to shoot the messenger and try to hide the real issue.

Word around CHS is that the kid got in trouble during the summer and was not going to be allowed to play for CHS for this season, per Rector. He jumped ship and went to FHS where Clayton received him with open arms, even though he knows the kid stole a car and was not going to be allowed to play at CHS.

The problem is that the kid is not eligible and could cause FHS to forfeit every game he plays in.

Second thing is that he was no where near the #2 player at CHS. Not even close. #5 at best for speed.

FHS is getting desperate to take this kid and think about playing him.

Have fun with this one, FHS fans. I know you like to shoot the messenger and try to hide the real issue.

Interesting for sure. The trouble does not matter if he had a change of address then he is eligible. I really doubt the Franklin coaches would play him if he was not already eligible. Good luck until week 5

Interesting for sure. The trouble does not matter if he had a change of address then he is eligible. I really doubt the Franklin coaches would play him if he was not already eligible. Good luck until week 5

Thats not really true. If you have a change of address and "move in" at another address with another family member, you have to live there a year to be eligible.

TSSAA has ended the days of "moving" to grandma's house to use an address to get into another school zone, at least to the point that it costs a year of eligibility.

Thats not really true. If you have a change of address and "move in" at another address with another family member, you have to live there a year to be eligible.

TSSAA has ended the days of "moving" to grandma's house to use an address to get into another school zone, at least to the point that it costs a year of eligibility.

oh now that is a different story. I read the other post and it said the family moved or the kid was rezoned. In those cases he would be eligible. Moving to grandma's does not work anymore. oh well I do not care for several weeks. I was just curious.