2011 East Hamilton Hurricanes

BEAST27

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What happened to the Beast?

Take it easy on BeastyBoy. He is obviously a true supporter of his canes. His youth and too much green kool-aide blocks his better judgment sometimes but it is great to have student support for the Canes. Friday night's game was exactly like SO many parents and other coaches have stated... you CAN'T substitue practice and reps for REAL GAME EXPERIENCE. I assure you the Canes have worked really hard to make the strides they have made, but as Friday night's game revealed, the inexperienced offensive line got confused and broke down many times. You don't get this kind of experience verses a weaker scout team. It was not a lack of effort but a lack of experience to know how to adjust. Ooltewah's defense was much more impressive than their offense. And their offense was not that bad but they did not take advantage of the mismatch with our secondary. They could have scored as often as they would have liked over the middle. Our guys need to learn how to tackle (arms included and quit this diving crap) on defense and get more aggressive. We are not taking the fight to the other team, we are waiting on them. We have a LONG ways to go and are fortunate our District is down as a whole.

Edited by EHgreen

Take easy on BeastyBoy. He is obviously a true supporter of his canes. His youth and too much green kool-aide blocks his better judgment sometimes but it is great to have student support for the Canes. Friday night's game was exactly like SO many parents and other coaches have stated... you CAN'T substitue practice and reps for REAL GAME EXPERIENCE. I assure you the Canes have worked really hard to make the strides they have made, but as Friday night's game revealed, the inexperienced offensive line got confused and broke down many times. You don't get this kind of experience verses a weaker scout team. It was not a lack of effort but a lack of experience to know how to adjust. Ooltewah's defense was much more impressive than their offense. And their offense was not that bad but they did not take advantage of the mismatch with our secondary. They could have scored as often as they would have liked over the middle. Our guys need to learn how to tackle (arms included and quit this diving crap) on defense and get more aggressive. We are not taking the fight to the other team, we are waiting on them. We have a LONG ways to go and our fortunate our District is down as a whole.

Beast is a true supporter and EH could use a bunch more like him. I'm not sure why EH isn't seeing better results with the numbers you have. Good news is neither losses were to district teams, which means your real season hasn't started yet. I hope they take what they have learned and put it to good use in the district games.

Honestly I wasn't wanting him to come back for "crow", just to give his point of view. For a while we were getting updates on every Gatorade break taken by EH. You are right, they ought to be competitive this year with everyone in the district or something is wrong. They have 1150 in 9-12 this school year, about 100 more than "the limit" in regular season AA so they're easily the largest school in the classification.

• 1 month later...

Canes have had a really good season, now in 1st place in the district and headed into the playoffs, most likely as a #1 seed. I have been telling folks for the past 3years that this would be the year that everybody sees them move to the top. They have worked hard to develop a # 1 program. This years juniors and sophomores are an example of what is to come, next year it even gets better. And with a two platoon system, nobody plays on both sides of the ball. You will see them go deep in the playoffs. Go Canes, we are proud of you all.

Big Big win over Red Bank friday. Great come back in the fourth qtr. Canes cannot let down now and stumble against Howard. Howard has whipped the canes the last two years and some payback should be put on them. If the Canes happen to loose and Red Bank and East Ridge win the Canes could be done for the year. Let,s face it if they are the only victory for Howard then they do not deserve to go to the playoffs.

GO CANES

Big Big win over Red Bank friday. Great come back in the fourth qtr. Canes cannot let down now and stumble against Howard. Howard has whipped the canes the last two years and some payback should be put on them. If the Canes happen to loose and Red Bank and East Ridge win the Canes could be done for the year. Let,s face it if they are the only victory for Howard then they do not deserve to go to the playoffs.

GO CANES

I wouldnt say it would be payback>>>East Hamilton should and will win this game>>>Howard has the worst Coaching staff ever assembled!!! The kids and fans dont respect this coach at all>>>He knows nothing and he should fire himself because he knows he isnt a good coach for anybody>>>And the principal didnt interview anyone else for the position!! just bav the job to him a man with no coaching experience also a man that if I am not mistaken Coach Tarver fired while he was his assistant

I wouldnt say it would be payback>>>East Hamilton should and will win this game>>>Howard has the worst Coaching staff ever assembled!!! The kids and fans dont respect this coach at all>>>He knows nothing and he should fire himself because he knows he isnt a good coach for anybody>>>And the principal didnt interview anyone else for the position!! just bav the job to him a man with no coaching experience also a man that if I am not mistaken Coach Tarver fired while he was his assistant

TigerTom is correct that East Hamilton is NOT in first place until after they beat Howard. And they still have to beat Howard regardless of Howard's position. A rainy night this Friday could cause enough problems to make any playing field equal. While Howard may have a less than desirable coach per Tmac, who has always spoken with common sense, the fact of the matter is that Howard still has a lot of talent and if the stars line up in their favor because EH gets over confident, then it could spell the end of a good season. Point and example the East Ridge game where we grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory by passing with a back up QB who had already thrown two interceptions when they were stuggling to stop the run.

Go Canes! Stay focused. Be humble.

Edited by EHgreen

TigerTom is correct that East Hamilton is NOT in first place until after they beat Howard. And they still have to beat Howard regardless of Howard's position. A rainy night this Friday could cause enough problems to make any playing field equal. While Howard may have a less than desirable coach per Tmac, who has always spoken with common sense, the fact of the matter is that Howard still has a lot of talent and if the stars line up in their favor because EH gets over confident, then it could spell the end of a good season. Point and example the East Ridge game where we grabbed defeat from the jaws of victory by passing with a back up QB who had already thrown two interceptions when they were stuggling to stop the run.

Go Canes! Stay focused. Be humble.

Why get on the Backup QB that had a great game the week before yet was thrust into a backup role in a game he should have been starting and it might not have come to that. Might have been play calling at that point. From what I recall at the game it was the 4 fumbles and safety snap that put them in that position to begin with. It looked like the backup was doing a good job in bringing them back. How about supporting all of the kids if you are wearing the green.

Why get on the Backup QB that had a great game the week before yet was thrust into a backup role in a game he should have been starting and it might not have come to that. Might have been play calling at that point. From what I recall at the game it was the 4 fumbles and safety snap that put them in that position to begin with. It looked like the backup was doing a good job in bringing them back. How about supporting all of the kids if you are wearing the green.

I guess you can read into things what you want. I was not putting down the player but referring to the call to pass the ball when the player had struggled earlier with passing and East Ridge was having trouble stopping the run. The player does not call the plays he only carries them out. He never should have been put into that situation. Now if you want to bash go ahead, it is still a free country.

I guess you can read into things what you want. I was not putting down the player but referring to the call to pass the ball when the player had struggled earlier with passing and East Ridge was having trouble stopping the run. The player does not call the plays he only carries them out. He never should have been put into that situation. Now if you want to bash go ahead, it is still a free country.

Your point is a good one in the fact the Canes have lost games in everyway and more than I could imagine. They have always been the underdog and for them to be the favorite is a whole new mental spin. I know Howard is in a bad way so the Canes need to come out and expose their weakness. Canes have so much to play for they should be even more excited this week than last.

Interview with Gatewood shows he knows how important the game is.