Jo Byrns @ Macon Co.

geo1126

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got back from the game...just what the doctor ordered!!! While I don 't like watching my team lose, it was good to see the team and (some) fans get brought back to reality. After the tie with White House a lot of people seemed to be on cloud 9. Like I said after the WH game, WH isn't even as good as SP so it wasn't that impressive. I heard some fans say that the JB players gave up tonight. That may be true but I think they may have gotten their feelings hurt more than anything. The fact is, they're nowhere near where they need to be. I heard fans questioning play calling, players effort, etc. The bottom line is Macon Co. is a better team than JB. Macon Co. had a line that I'm guessing averaged 270lbs+, several 200lb RB's, a top-notch QB, etc...they're no scrub team!!! On the D-line, their 3 players probably weighed as much as our 5 and in short yardage they had 550lbs or more over center. We were just out-manned tonight. To that end, SP (and maybe some others) is better than JB and if we hope to get to that level we have to work hard and sometimes get reminded of that like we did tonight.

Now...does that mean JB played their best game and still got beat? No, there were plenty of plays where JB made mistakes. We dropped at least two passes that could have easily setup or scored TD's, we had some weak-as$ tackles, etc. Was the play calling great; it's debatable but had we never played a team like Macon Co. it would have never been questioned. Everyone needs to get better!!!

My last thought is to say thank you to Macon Co. and Coach Adkins for scheduling this game because I believe this is just what this team needs to get to that next level. Without a loss like this, I've got to believe that we'd never put in the work required to get to that next level. Keep your heads up JB and work on those things that were exposed tonight. It's not where you start but where you finish!

I just got back from the game...just what the doctor ordered!!! While I don 't like watching my team lose, it was good to see the team and (some) fans get brought back to reality. After the tie with White House a lot of people seemed to be on cloud 9. Like I said after the WH game, WH isn't even as good as SP so it wasn't that impressive. I heard some fans say that the JB players gave up tonight. That may be true but I think they may have gotten their feelings hurt more than anything. The fact is, they're nowhere near where they need to be. I heard fans questioning play calling, players effort, etc. The bottom line is Macon Co. is a better team than JB. Macon Co. had a line that I'm guessing averaged 270lbs+, several 200lb RB's, a top-notch QB, etc...they're no scrub team!!! On the D-line, their 3 players probably weighed as much as our 5 and in short yardage they had 550lbs or more over center. We were just out-manned tonight. To that end, SP (and maybe some others) is better than JB and if we hope to get to that level we have to work hard and sometimes get reminded of that like we did tonight.

Now...does that mean JB played their best game and still got beat? No, there were plenty of plays where JB made mistakes. We dropped at least two passes that could have easily setup or scored TD's, we had some weak-as$ tackles, etc. Was the play calling great; it's debatable but had we never played a team like Macon Co. it would have never been questioned. Everyone needs to get better!!!

My last thought is to say thank you to Macon Co. and Coach Adkins for scheduling this game because I believe this is just what this team needs to get to that next level. Without a loss like this, I've got to believe that we'd never put in the work required to get to that next level. Keep your heads up JB and work on those things that were exposed tonight. It's not where you start but where you finish!

you say this but you didn't even see the white house team that you would've normally seen in the regular season. we play during the season and we beat you worse than macon did tonight. guarantee it

Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't worry about this loss. The only teams you'll see on this level will be Gordonsville and South Pitt and that wouldn't be until deep in the playoffs. I think you all have a good program and are consistantly good each and every year. Good luck to you all in the rest of your season.

I wouldn't worry about this loss. The only teams you'll see on this level will be Gordonsville and South Pitt and that wouldn't be until deep in the playoffs. I think you all have a good program and are consistantly good each and every year. Good luck to you all in the rest of your season.

I disagree.... No 1A team could play with MC las night ! They are a sleeper, you will see