Dobyns Bennett 2011

WaCoJaCo

I went and checked out the North @ South scrimmage. In my opinion, North has a chance of doing well in their conference, but not much else. The Raiders will score a lot of points, but give up quite a few too. South looks to be down, quarterback play is weak. What good they did against North's first team was broken plays. Defense is prone to give up big plays on the outside. Not sure about their secondary as North only passed a few times. The Rebels could miss the playoffs if their not careful. Why you drive to Asheville in game one when you can cross over over the ridge to Bloomingdale to have a competitive game? Beats me.

How'd the Indians look against Halls this evening?

Halls aint much. Here's the scoring i seen before leaving. DB 35 Halls 0. Swafford a pick six for about 70 yds. Swafford td run about 40yds. TD pass from Cook to Foreman about 70 yds, nobody covered him and he almost dropped it. Swafford 60yd TD from Cook. And then a TD run from inside the 5. Overall opinion, Swafford is the man, Foreman has moves to burn and Cook needs more work running the offense. QB to Center exchange was sloppy. Hayworth and Sensabaugh both watched and did'nt dress and it showed. Much work to be done to get to where we want to go. Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrads to Ty !.I guess this should set the record straight for the naysayers and all those posters who said he lacked this or that.He never lacked anything last year and has not played a down this year.In other words,the people that know the game and matter most,also knew he had the right stuff..He is a great kid and deserved someone to have his back on the coach.Now lets see a few more of our very talented players get a free ride.D1 is special,but we have a lot of kids that I think should get some looks at some level,maybe D1 as well .It really doesn't matter as long as they get an education and chance to play on.One of my favorite seniors has strength and speed and is a great young man,Hunter Holt.If he wants to play on,I know he will do very good as well.

It's called "Marketing" If you have some talent then you have to market yourself in which Ty parents had the money to do for him, some of the others dont or just dont know to do it and thats why they dont get the looks. DBKingOfSports, your to obvious. Batman, yes Ty lacks in certain areas and the D1 scholarship doesnt change that one bit. I hope only the best for this young man but I also keep it honest.

It's called "Marketing" If you have some talent then you have to market yourself in which Ty parents had the money to do for him, some of the others dont or just dont know to do it and thats why they dont get the looks. DBKingOfSports, your to obvious. Batman, yes Ty lacks in certain areas and the D1 scholarship doesnt change that one bit. I hope only the best for this young man but I also keep it honest.

Wake Forest coaches said Ty was the best lineman they had seen for two years.I can't even imagine what level he would play at if he {as you say} lacks in certain areas and got those areas corrected.They might have to develope a league above the NFL for such beast.TWO D1 offers and TWO more that might have or may come along before the season even starts.I don't care if his daddy went over there and done a song and dance for Wakes coaches,you don't get that kind of attention unless your one of the best.Do you think every kid that gets a D1 school has lots of money ? Let me answer.NO. I told you he was the best we had at DB for the last few years.Two D1 coaches have told you now.

Anybody heard about any more D1 offers to Ty Hayworth? I know that Cincinnati had offered and that Wake Forest was rumored too... not sure if that happened or not?

IMO rising Sr.'s Justin Long and Will Allen are both D1 players, for somebody. Justin may figure in to more on the offensive side this year than in the past, but he is one mean guy on Defense. Allen is going to make a ton of plays for the Tribe on D as well.

This Indian Team may be young in some peoples minds, but I think there is more talent on the 2011 team than in several years... no question that we will have more speed, even with the loss of The Real Deal Derrick Steele. Malik Foreman is the fastest player in NE TN and Debo Swafford has that "you can't touch if I don't want you to" speed. Swafford is going to light it up... give him the ball 20 times a game and you will see the scoreboard blinging.

2 weeks, 3 days and 22 hours to Kick Off - Let's go whip the Admirals tail in KTown

Roll Tribe Roll

I would strongly counsel against going to WFU. 1. Other than Foothills, there is no microbrewery worth visiting.

2. After 1981 the uniforms have lost panache. 3. The school work is to frackin' hard. 4. Regardless what they say, good BBQ is tough to find. 4. Since Jimmy "The Jet" Johnson, Butch Henry, Billy Overton, and Bob Grant, all the blacks are panty wastes. 5. The standium is too small and the fans are more concerned with 19th Century Anglo-Irish poets than converting third downs. 6. The women don't shave, but do smoke. If you're smart enough to go there, I'd chose Stanford, and preferably only if the Indians, Cardinal, Trees have a quarterback like Plunkett (oh, yeah, they do). Go Ducks! And I realize DB runs from a tough game (or just won't drive to one), but why not institute an alumni game vs. JC, Oak Ridge, Chat. C, or collectively, all the little one-horse schools from the immediate area who have thought themselves competitive for near a century?

Come on now. Sure, having the financial security did'nt hurt but this kid has been watched for the last couple years. He's been to all the combines and visits and the college coaches know what to look for. Sure, the other big football states are loaded with kids his size and even bigger, but he brings something that is lacking these days. Honesty, integrity, common sence and respect. Qualities that coaches are really starting to look at especially if they are going to spend all the time and money investing in these kids. He's a very attractive player when you start looking at it from this point of view. Best of luck to TY and Roll Tribe!!!!!!!!!!

I would strongly counsel against going to WFU. 1. Other than Foothills, there is no microbrewery worth visiting.

2. After 1981 the uniforms have lost panache. 3. The school work is to frackin' hard. 4. Regardless what they say, good BBQ is tough to find. 4. Since Jimmy "The Jet" Johnson, Butch Henry, Billy Overton, and Bob Grant, all the blacks are panty wastes. 5. The standium is too small and the fans are more concerned with 19th Century Anglo-Irish poets than converting third downs. 6. The women don't shave, but do smoke. If you're smart enough to go there, I'd chose Stanford, and preferably only if the Indians, Cardinal, Trees have a quarterback like Plunkett (oh, yeah, they do). Go Ducks! And I realize DB runs from a tough game (or just won't drive to one), but why not institute an alumni game vs. JC, Oak Ridge, Chat. C, or collectively, all the little one-horse schools from the immediate area who have thought themselves competitive for near a century?

Looks like the nursing home is letting the crazy old man use the computer again.

Wake Forest coaches said Ty was the best lineman they had seen for two years.I can't even imagine what level he would play at if he {as you say} lacks in certain areas and got those areas corrected.They might have to develope a league above the NFL for such beast.TWO D1 offers and TWO more that might have or may come along before the season even starts.I don't care if his daddy went over there and done a song and dance for Wakes coaches,you don't get that kind of attention unless your one of the best.Do you think every kid that gets a D1 school has lots of money ? Let me answer.NO. I told you he was the best we had at DB for the last few years.Two D1 coaches have told you now.

you my friend are an idoit...ty hayworth is good for our region. and maybe in tennessee..but hes ranked 19 overall in tennessee...which i dont know if youv checked lately but we arent exactly pumping out the talent.

anyways ty might be the best lineman wake forrest has seen in 2 years becuase they havnt been in contention for anything in 5. ty is good for by the region's standards but hes not the god your making him out to be.

and 2 D1 offers is not that great if he was the talent you were making him out to be he would have 10+ offers from various schools. when he gets recruited by an sec school then we'll talk.

Edited by rebelfan77

you my friend are an idoit...ty hayworth is good for our region. and maybe in tennessee..but hes ranked 19 overall in tennessee...which i dont know if youv checked lately but we arent exactly pumping out the talent.

anyways ty might be the best lineman wake forrest has seen in 2 years becuase they havnt been in contention for anything in 5. ty is good for by the region's standards but hes not the god your making him out to be.

and 2 D1 offers is not that great if he was the talent you were making him out to be he would have 10+ offers from various schools. when he gets recruited by an sec school then we'll talk.

First..I'm not the best speller on coacht,but if I were going to call someone an idiot,I'd be smart enough to spell it.Second,my friends are not dumb enough to call me an idiot.Third,your not my friend.

Your either new here or you've made a new screen name because people know who you are by your old screen name. Looks like your spending alot of time on Dobyns Bennett, which is not unuasual for a South fan. You can see South fans driving by DB almost anytime of the day or night trying to get a glimps of the football field. I know its a dream that one day you'll be accepted as a DB fan. But first your going to have to study the game and learn. This is not vollyball. If you keep posting this stupidity wacojaco is going to have some fun with you. Just a warning.