How does Alcoa look?

falconvol

Mobley is a tough runner when he gets a seem he can pop it. Quick burst through the hole but was ran down a couple of times. overall a very good back. Powell will be the real deal this season.

Thanks. I'd like to get out and see him this year, but may have to wait until Cookville, if they can make it.

I heard through the grapevine that Alcoa would have probably lost this one if it would have been a whole game. From what I have heard, Alcoa could not stop Powell and the only way Alcoa could move the ball against Powell was to go to their goalline package in the middle of the field in the second series of the scrimmage and had to stay there for the rest of the scrimmage to have some success. I don't know if this is true, but some of the local refs thought Alcoa did not get the best of Powell, and they thought that if this game went the entire time that Powell would probably come out on top. They said they thought depth would be an issue. I also heard that Powell's second team went up and down the field. Don't know, but it seems like we are not getting the whole truth from you Alcoa faithful.

I heard through the grapevine that Alcoa would have probably lost this one if it would have been a whole game. From what I have heard, Alcoa could not stop Powell and the only way Alcoa could move the ball against Powell was to go to their goalline package in the middle of the field in the second series of the scrimmage and had to stay there for the rest of the scrimmage to have some success. I don't know if this is true, but some of the local refs thought Alcoa did not get the best of Powell, and they thought that if this game went the entire time that Powell would probably come out on top. They said they thought depth would be an issue. I also heard that Powell's second team went up and down the field. Don't know, but it seems like we are not getting the whole truth from you Alcoa faithful.

Yep they would of beat us 56-6. Come on slingit Alcoa is its usual self and will be all season long. We are a power run team that only throws when needed and yes we did go to a goal line package at mid field because thats what we are a pound it down your throat team. by the way we scored 3 times to Powells 2 scores and I will assure you that Powell is very good. There is a reason they are ranked at the top of 5a.

Edited by alcoadaddy

I was there and the first series Alcoa was on offense, they moved the ball out to the Powell 47 yard line and had a 4th and 1, but Rankin desided to punt, something he might not do if it was a real game, since they could get 1 yard anytime they wanted.2nd Series alcoa showed they why they are alcoa, just knocking them back on every run. Alcoa would have wore them down if it was a real game, Powell can play with them for a half or so, but after that Alcoa's conditioning would prove to be the difference.

The Powell 2nd team did get the best of the Alcoa 2s winning 7-0 but on every 3rd down Alcoa ran the ball so believe what u want to believe.

"Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear."- Benjamin Franklin

Regardless of what you read on this board, the overwhelming majority of Greeneville fans respect what Alcoa has done and understand what kind of challenge the Greene Devils face. We look forward to watching your powerhouse team and our recent state champions do battle. My only expectation for that game is this, win or lose I think Greeneville gains some respect statewide with their performance against Alcoa. I think it will be a good/competitive game, but I’ll leave the predictions to the trash talkers.

I just hope both teams are heathy and at full strength for this game, because I've been looking forward to a game like this for awhile.

:thumb: