How does Alcoa look?

falconvol

How did the scrimmage with Oak Ridge go today? Details?

Oak Ridge won between the varsities 2-1. Alcoa almost scored a 2nd time, but was stopped on the 5 by OR. OR moved the ball pretty consistently on Alcoa. Alcoa also moved it rather consistent on Oak Ridge as well. Both teams had 1 turnover a piece in varsity play if i am not mistaking? The game was delayed for a bit cause of thunder. Before it was called OR was driving down the field on Alcoa. First play back after the delay, Zulliger (OR's) QB made a bad toss on a toss sweep right and gave the ball to Alcoa. Too bad cause we had a great drive going at the time it was delayed. Came away pretty impressed with OR. Alcoa of course is gonna be great again. This is coming from an OR fan, but i live in Maryville and saw Alcoa play a few times last year. I dont think Alcoa is gonna be as dominant this year as they were last, just for the simple fact that Warren and Tyson are gone. Pounding them guys on your D every play will wear a defense down. Them guys are gone..Now they have more shifty speedy backs. They have #44 Josh Chapman who is a big boy, but not near as talented as either Tyson or Warren were. Ill be surprised if they dont win it all again, but i honestly dont think they are as good as they were last year. You cant get much better then they were last year though. Just my honest evaluation of it all. BTW, Oak Ridge has improved a lot also and gotten a lot stronger then we were last year. OR is a tough team too, lets not forget about that.

I liked what they did moving Oggs around against Oak Ridge. It is definitely going to be another thing that coaches will have to prepare for and dread in hopes of containing the tornadoes O. Rankin is going to have some fun with this one.

Oggs looked good running the ball, but throwing it, not so much. I wish Alcoa the best this year. Coming from an Oak Ridge fan.

I agree with you BC. There were several of us up in the stands concerned with the size of the D-line. It didn't look like they were able to get much pressure on the quarterback until Owenby went in. I'd like to see what Loy and Owenby could do on that D-line. Definitely going to miss the energy and leadership Warren and Tyson brought to the game. Someone's going to have to step up and fill those shoes...won't be easy.

But that's what scrimmages are about.

Edited by falconvol

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/aug/08/oak-ridge-offense-in-sync-vs-alcoa/

Rankin doesnt seem very happy with his QBs right now or d-line,Someone mentioned Owenby looking good yesterday, will he be in good enough shape to go both ways for Alcoa?? As for the QB I would like to see them go with Wall if he is anywhere near ready because he has 3 years left, and that way you can move DJ around to RB,WR,or wildcat QB. One thing for sure is that Rankin knows his stuff and will have them ready by Cleveland.

If they would leave 57 in that could get more stops right up the middle dosent look like 71 is cutting 57 is small but packs a big punch whens he is in and makes things happen.

Kinda feel sorry for Farragut in todays scrimmage they will have with Alcoa. I think Alcoa may take some frustrations out on the poor ole Admirals. Couldnt happen to a better team (Farragut) lol Go Oak Ridge! haha Whip there A** Alcoa!!