Blount Teams other than ALCOA / MARYVILLE

tpoole12

WB looked good at the Blount County Jamboree tonight. They outscored Maryville 14-7. They were effective running option out of a shotgun flexbone look. WB brought lots of energy while Maryville played conservatively and without much emotion.

Alcoa had too much speed and athleticism for Heritage. Alcoa 21, Heritage 7. Heritage RB Chase Cline did run well behind their big offensive line. Defensively Heritage couldn't contain Alcoa's RB Hambrick, particularly outside on tailback sweep.

Well, i also heard that was against Maryville's 2nd team too? Against WB's starters?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WB looked good at the Blount County Jamboree tonight. They outscored Maryville 14-7. They were effective running option out of a shotgun flexbone look. WB brought lots of energy while Maryville played conservatively and without much emotion.

Alcoa had too much speed and athleticism for Heritage. Alcoa 21, Heritage 7. Heritage RB Chase Cline did run well behind their big offensive line. Defensively Heritage couldn't contain Alcoa's RB Hambrick, particularly outside on tailback sweep.

Please tell me how any intelligent football fan can possibly get excited about the outcome of a 1 quarter meaningless scrimmage? Who cares how much emotion a team displays under such sterile conditions as a jamboree?

Please tell me how any intelligent football fan can possibly get excited about the outcome of a 1 quarter meaningless scrimmage? Who cares how much emotion a team displays under such sterile conditions as a jamboree?

I wasn't really excited about what I saw and realize that it was just a scrimmage. Just reporting what I observed as I thought there might be some who would be interested. I did find the approach to the scrimmage taken by WB interesting in how it differed from the other teams. I'm not a fan of any of the teams..just a retired coach who loves the game and is fascinated by coaching strategies.

I thought the Governors looked sharp in the offense that they run. The Saunders kid does a great job reading the option and throws it well enough to keep the defense off balance. the o line is big and move well and the backs run hard. overall this could be a very good team and could have as many as 9 to 10 wins this year. I look for them to finish 2nd in the region behind Maryville. I look forward to next weekend when the Nation takes on Oneida and the the double header on Saturday.

Well, i also heard that was against Maryville's 2nd team too? Against WB's starters?

Don't know the teams well but I suspect Maryville used many 2nd teamers. They also clearly hadn't gamed planned to defend the option. I did however like how well the WB QB made his reads and ran the option.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2011/aug/13/the-calm-before-the-storm/

Looks like WB's number one's beat our backups and JV team (on a last minute interception). What really surprised me was that their coach left the Saunders kid in for so long. If that kid goes down WB might not win a single game. I guess the opportunity to win a game that didn't count was worth risking the health of your starters to this coach. Also didn't the same thing happen to us against Seymour a few years ago and those guys acted like they had won the Superbowl too.

Looks like WB's number one's beat our backups and JV team (on a last minute interception). What really surprised me was that their coach left the Saunders kid in for so long. If that kid goes down WB might not win a single game. I guess the opportunity to win a game that didn't count was worth risking the health of your starters to this coach. Also didn't the same thing happen to us against Seymour a few years ago and those guys acted like they had won the Superbowl too.

Rebsguy....Strictlee a coach's deecishun....Eye jist hope thay weren't no farrs set down at AlinWick last nite... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

Well if u think thats bad Heritage's best and only real player had 17 carries in the quarter against Alcoa..smh....

2 drives is what the wb qb played,same as oggs did for alcoa, so it wasnt that bad..IMO. A team like WB needs something like this(SAD),i dont think they really know that it was mostly JV that they played against.Meeting later this season will be a little bit different...