Blount Teams other than ALCOA / MARYVILLE

tpoole12

Hello All

Not got a dog in the hunt but would like to hear from some the people who do. I know Alcoa and Maryville will reload but I'm curious about situations at WB and Heritage. Who are the players to watch and what are the names of some up and coming? I've noticed that Heritage has to travel the first three out of four games but at least they have a five home / five away schedule. WB opens on the road at Sevier County, then enjoys a three game home stand. They have a common opponent in Jefferson County. Maybe that will give us a hint about who gets to keep the Bell. I've noticed that Central is back on the schedule for WB. Maybe schedules will settle out finally. The first few years after re-alighnment is probably tough on coaches and athletic directors. I still miss some of the banter I enjoyed with some of the old region opponents before the TSSAA changes, but with the cost of fuel now I'm not sure teams could afford to travel that much. I know that fuel cost will be a big factor in determining what game I attend on friday night this year.

Good luck to....(alphabetically) Alcoa, Heritage, Maryville, and William Blount.

I'll be seeing you some friday..

tpoole12

PS: GO Cherokees... I will make it a point to get down your way!

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello All

Not got a dog in the hunt but would like to hear from some the people who do. I know Alcoa and Maryville will reload but I'm curious about situations at WB and Heritage. Who are the players to watch and what are the names of some up and coming? I've noticed that Heritage has to travel the first three out of four games but at least they have a five home / five away schedule. WB opens on the road at Sevier County, then enjoys a three game home stand. They have a common opponent in Jefferson County. Maybe that will give us a hint about who gets to keep the Bell. I've noticed that Central is back on the schedule for WB. Maybe schedules will settle out finally. The first few years after re-alighnment is probably tough on coaches and athletic directors. I still miss some of the banter I enjoyed with some of the old region opponents before the TSSAA changes, but with the cost of fuel now I'm not sure teams could afford to travel that much. I know that fuel cost will be a big factor in determining what game I attend on friday night this year.

Good luck to....(alphabetically) Alcoa, Heritage, Maryville, and William Blount.

tpoole12

Good post T. Poole. I've been wondering what is going on around Alnwick and Lem's Corner. I too will be pulling for the Cherokees also. I might go see Greenback vs. Oneida. I usually go see one non-Maryville, WB game each year also. :thumb:

Hello All

tpoole12

I see about the same happening as last year, not much will change. I'll say Heritage will maintain there 3-7 record this year and WB will improve a game to 4-6 with that fourth win against the helpless mountaineers. I can't speak for what is happening at Heritage, but until someone comes in at WB with some serious discipline, things will never change. This years WB team definitely has better leadership than last years team, they had awful leadership from the seniors last year, but still too many incidents with parents, you can't discipline half of these kids without mommy or daddy coming in and cussing the coach. Until the coach starts putting them on the road and getting rid of them, I am afraid that the program will continue the path they have been on.

I see WB at 500 or better & heritage at 3 wins or less.

I've heard rumor that the coach at Heritage is out after this season. Any truth to this?

Hope you are right, would like to see WB at least climb back to a winning season, and possibly even a playoff game or two. It is just getting harder and harder to build anything in Blount Co. with Alcoa and Maryville winning the championships. The better kids want to go play for a winner. From what I hear, the Wall kid that transferred to Alcoa is competing for the starting QB spot, a program like WB can't afford to lose many kids like that. I think stability is a must for getting kids interested in playing, and it seems as if WB has a hard time maintaining the same coaching staff (losing another key assistant after this year). Obviously, if the rumor you heard is right, so does Heritage. The question I have is who wants the job? Who will they replace him with that is better?

Hello All

tpoole12

What is the Bell?

Hey TPoole good to see you are still hanging around CoachT. I too miss the old Region 2 days. We had some good smack talk back then that was mostly good natured. Hasn't been the same since the realignment.

If you are going to make a Cherokees game come down on Sept. 16th when the Owls come to town. Maybe we can meet up for a hot dog or cold drink. I don't know how WB and Heritage could build a consistant program in your county with both Maryville and Aloca. There can only be so many atheletes to go around.

The Owls have been hurt by the new school opening up, but if reports are correct from last nights scrimmage they might be on their way back. We will see once the real games start next week.

Take care and hope to see you in September.

HornedOwl

Hey TPoole good to see you are still hanging around CoachT. I too miss the old Region 2 days. We had some good smack talk back then that was mostly good natured. Hasn't been the same since the realignment.

If you are going to make a Cherokees game come down on Sept. 16th when the Owls come to town. Maybe we can meet up for a hot dog or cold drink. I don't know how WB and Heritage could build a consistant program in your county with both Maryville and Aloca. There can only be so many atheletes to go around.

The Owls have been hurt by the new school opening up, but if reports are correct from last nights scrimmage they might be on their way back. We will see once the real games start next week.

Take care and hope to see you in September.

HornedOwl

He is not talking about MCminn CO, he is talking about the GREENBACK CHEROKEES

Good post T. Poole. I've been wondering what is going on around Alnwick and Lem's Corner. I too will be pulling for the Cherokees also. I might go see Greenback vs. Oneida. I usually go see one non-Maryville, WB game each year also. :thumb:

Just want to thank you all for mentioning our little team south of you all,we will as alway wish you guys the best of luck(kick the crap out of the lenoir city team),blount county is about all the support we get and we appreciate it.We will welcome all who come down to the nation to watch us battle it out with the opposing foe,we have a nice team this year,but a tough schedule.thanks again.Good luck to all!

Hey Guys and maybe Gals..

Sorry to start a thread and vanish but me and ATT has been struggggggling with my DSL service for a few days.

I'm back at work, (Shhhh!!!!), but thought I should reply.

Red Rebels, good to here from you. Hope you and yours are well. I will probably see you at the ball field soon.

Jake, I guess your about right. I too would like to see some changes. Time will tell..

Plumb, The "bell" goes to the winner of the Heritage / William Blount game each year. Probably since the Gov Man era at WB. Thats a LOOOONNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG time ago!!!!!

Horn Owl, Glad to hear from you my feathered friend. Like orngnblk said, I was speaking of the Greenback Cherokees, but since you brought it up, I may just have to make a run to McMinn County when you all are there. I always enjoyed going to McMinn for a ball game. Great facilities, great people and a good looking quarter horse!!! I'll be keeping tabs on the Owls. Try to keep Void, 2seem and BigHairyOwl off the field!! I haven't seen owl fanatic post for awhile. They may affiliated with the new school across the interstate now. See you on the threads.

Orngnblk, I support the Cherokees when I can. I know several people down that way. I actually played on that field as a Lanier Eagle. There as still a few of us left that remember the old Foothills Conference. Lanier, Greenback, Porter, Townsend, Walland and Friendsville. Didn't have to travel far in those days. I wish you all well and I will make a trip down this year for a game!

Thanks for the replies

tpoole12

WB looked good at the Blount County Jamboree tonight. They outscored Maryville 14-7. They were effective running option out of a shotgun flexbone look. WB brought lots of energy while Maryville played conservatively and without much emotion.

Alcoa had too much speed and athleticism for Heritage. Alcoa 21, Heritage 7. Heritage RB Chase Cline did run well behind their big offensive line. Defensively Heritage couldn't contain Alcoa's RB Hambrick, particularly outside on tailback sweep.