Defending State Champions Signal Mountain Eagels vs East Hamilton

Waterboy96

East Hamilton has looked exponentially better in scrimmages this year than the past two years. Experience is overrated. Last years team had a lot of seniors, but even they only had one year of varsity experience before last year, and last years team went 2-8?! I feel that this years team will win a lot more than 2 games. With that said, I do think the sophomores will benefit greatly from this year and need to grow up a lot. But they already have tremendous talent, size, and speed. They just need to learn how to practice and get accustomed to the physicality of varsity football. But I agree with TigerTom, this years team is much better than last years and they are only getting better.

Well if you have seen both scrimmages then you are more privileged than I because the Polk scrimmage was closed. I think it would be truthful to say that are varsity lost to Heritages' varsity and our back ups beat their back ups and freshmen and that is why we had more on the scoreboard. I will disagree all day long with you on experience, too many times I have seen a more experienced team be more disciplined and beat a more athletic team. I think we have a huge upside with some of the sophomores as they get their early opportunity to step up to the challenge. I really like our sophomore QB's potential and the toughness he brings to that position. Just to make sure I am not misinterpreted, I will give an example of where the less experience will hurt the most. Last years line was all second year starters and seniors. I think we will have a good offensive line once they have "more playing time together" under their belt. But there is a huge learning curve going from playing part time on a mix and match scout team offense to playing with team offensive line assignments and pick up reads. That is where the experience comes in that you do not get doing scout team offense as underclassmen. Luckily for us, that is Coach Gatewoods area of expertise and focus so hopefully they will come around quickly. Then next year they will be strong since only one will be graduating. Then the process of unexperience linemen will start all over again unless he does like Coach Bowden at Florida State use to do when he would bring in his entire second team offense and run one play at the start of the second and third quarters.

The Eagles run defense looked awsome at practice today. If EH cannot throw the ball effectively Friday, it could get ugly. The Sophmore line is getting ready to find out what it's like to get schooled on the mountain. Our D Line looked like they were ready to eat somebody for lunch. Can't wait till Friday.

GO EAGLES!!

Well if you have seen both scrimmages then you are more privileged than I because the Polk scrimmage was closed. I think it would be truthful to say that are varsity lost to Heritages' varsity and our back ups beat their back ups and freshmen and that is why we had more on the scoreboard. I will disagree all day long with you on experience, too many times I have seen a more experienced team be more disciplined and beat a more athletic team. I think we have a huge upside with some of the sophomores as they get their early opportunity to step up to the challenge. I really like our sophomore QB's potential and the toughness he brings to that position. Just to make sure I am not misinterpreted, I will give an example of where the less experience will hurt the most. Last years line was all second year starters and seniors. I think we will have a good offensive line once they have "more playing time together" under their belt. But there is a huge learning curve going from playing part time on a mix and match scout team offense to playing with team offensive line assignments and pick up reads. That is where the experience comes in that you do not get doing scout team offense as underclassmen. Luckily for us, that is Coach Gatewoods area of expertise and focus so hopefully they will come around quickly. Then next year they will be strong since only one will be graduating. Then the process of unexperience linemen will start all over again unless he does like Coach Bowden at Florida State use to do when he would bring in his entire second team offense and run one play at the start of the second and third quarters.

Discipline is the key word. Discipline, focus, and execution are the keys to success in high school football. It is very difficult to get every player to focus and execute on every snap of the ball. Achieving this is the coach's responsibility, and I believe this is Coach Price's strong point. The same can probably be said of Grider at South Pitt, Creasy at Trousdale, Rankin at Alcoa, and Ballard at Greeneville. They do not tolerate mental lapses very well, and the players understand this. You should see the intensity and pace of one of Signal's practices. By the time gameday arrives, every starter has had thousands of reps, understands his duty on each play, and maintains focus on execution. If they don't, they won't be starting long. JMO

PS-- Afore everbody jumps on this, I ain't talkin' about behavioral discipline.:roflolk:

Edited by MountainTroll

Discipline is the key word. Discipline, focus, and execution are the keys to success in high school football. It is very difficult to get every player to focus and execute on every snap of the ball. Achieving this is the coach's responsibility, and I believe this is Coach Price's strong point. The same can probably be said of Grider at South Pitt, Creasy at Trousdale, Rankin at Alcoa, and Ballard at Greeneville. They do not tolerate mental lapses very well, and the players understand this. You should see the intensity and pace of one of Signal's practices. By the time gameday arrives, every starter has had thousands of reps, understands his duty on each play, and maintains focus on execution. If they don't, they won't be starting long. JMO

PS-- Afore everbody jumps on this, I ain't talkin' about behavioral discipline.:roflolk:

If your defensive line is as good as you say, and I am not questioning, then that will be exactly what our young line needs to see this early in the season. This is where you find out who is cut out to be on the field. I have all the confidence in the world in our line and if they get beat on a couple of early plays it should only help get their heads where they need to be and step up the intensity. I watched a college practice recently and was blown away at how hard they hit in the trenches and how fast they were. I am sure the inexperienced rookies learned quickly you better tighten that chin strap and deliver the blow first or you will be on your butt. Looking forward to Friday night and the start of a new season.

Edited by EHgreen

I am not sruprised at all buy you Greeneville fans whining and crying.

You are all jealous because it took decades for you to ever win a State Championship and now that we have achieved Championship status in just 3 years and are even playing up a division its gonna put you right back to where you were before.

You all know that you won't have the cake walk you did last year since we are playing up.

Last years road to the Ship may have gone threw Greeneville but this year the detour go's threw the soon to be BACK TO BACK StateChampion Signal Mounatin Eagles. Just wait you'll see.

East hamiltons coach made a bad move Scheduling us week 0. We are going to make an eaxapmle out of them the same as we did last year except worse.

The forcast at Signal Mountain for Aug 18 may be for hurricanes right now but it is gonna get down graded to scattered showers after the first whistle blows!

Sorry I wasn't on here to defend the Mounatin against all the jealous HATERS but my hands were swollen from defending my teammates! Anyways we were proofed not guilty as I knew we would be.

Anyways Gold Ball #2 here we come now go scratch HATERS!!!

Whats up Water Boy!! you sound like you need a hater MR hurricane... I am the tornado in alcoa and ya'll are so lucky that you jumped a class so you didn't have to go through us to get your little gold ball. We are the best team in the state!! Just like last year!!! Why don't ya'll quit scheduling such cupcakes and come on up this way where we can signal ya'll bak with your tail tucked between your legs to the little mountain you came from. Octavious Mathers will run over through and around ya'll when he gets his chance. Signal Mountain Bunch of Scrubs

Whats up Water Boy!! you sound like you need a hater MR hurricane... I am the tornado in alcoa and ya'll are so lucky that you jumped a class so you didn't have to go through us to get your little gold ball. We are the best team in the state!! Just like last year!!! Why don't ya'll quit scheduling such cupcakes and come on up this way where we can signal ya'll bak with your tail tucked between your legs to the little mountain you came from. Octavious Mathers will run over through and around ya'll when he gets his chance. Signal Mountain Bunch of Scrubs

It's funny, Signal Mountain had a great team last year, considering they had way, WAY too many students to be classified in 2A. Furthermore, they are defending 2A state champs, not 4A state champs so Waterboy needs to keep that Pre-name over on the 1A-2A threads. Noone will respect them until it is earned. They do have a creampuff schedule ahead of them, but most 3A Teams are better than the majority of the 4A teams on their schedule so they really can't help it. They gotta start somewhere. Hey wa...wa....wataboy.....drrrrrrr....go back to yo mama. My...my....my momma sais that girls are tha devil. I love you Vicky Valencourt!!!!

It's funny, Signal Mountain had a great team last year, considering they had way, WAY too many students to be classified in 2A. Furthermore, they are defending 2A state champs, not 4A state champs so Waterboy needs to keep that Pre-name over on the 1A-2A threads. Noone will respect them until it is earned. They do have a creampuff schedule ahead of them, but most 3A Teams are better than the majority of the 4A teams on their schedule so they really can't help it. They gotta start somewhere. Hey wa...wa....wataboy.....drrrrrrr....go back to yo mama. My...my....my momma sais that girls are tha devil. I love you Vicky Valencourt!!!!

tumblr_lcrnnegUL11qeain6o1_400.jpg

Seven of the creampuff/cupcakes were in the playoffs last year. But they still taste just as good as the non-playoff ones.

Matt, you don't have what they call "the social skills." That's why you never have any friends, 'cept fo' yo' mama. Now go cry to her.

Goodluck to Signal Mtn...my peeps Troll, birdie, and realmen. Shouldn't have a problem with this one. Hope to get to see you guys in the 'Boro. Looking forward to seeing Mathers, your quarterback and those two stud recievers.

Whatever differences we've had in the past is water under the bridge. I've got too much respect for the three aforementioned Eagles to be bickering with a few. Besides...you guys have enough people trying to tear you down. I'm now officially off the list, but at times it's been fun. 90% of the time, people are going to stand behind their program and coach, and I understand that.

Now I love the passion of your fans, and I'm going to keep following you. I may throw a few jabs here and there, but I promise to keep my hands up. It'll all be in good fun. :thumb: Again...good luck.

Goodluck to Signal Mtn...my peeps Troll, birdie, and realmen. Shouldn't have a problem with this one. Hope to get to see you guys in the 'Boro. Looking forward to seeing Mathers, your quarterback and those two stud recievers.

Whatever differences we've had in the past is water under the bridge. I've got too much respect for the three aforementioned Eagles to be bickering with a few. Besides...you guys have enough people trying to tear you down. I'm now officially off the list, but at times it's been fun. 90% of the time, people are going to stand behind their program and coach, and I understand that.

Now I love the passion of your fans, and I'm going to keep following you. I may throw a few jabs here and there, but I promise to keep my hands up. It'll all be in good fun. :thumb: Again...good luck.

If we can just get you and snoball in nice "london fog jackets" everything will be just fine!!! :roflol: All kidding aside, good luck to you guys as well! Will be following your ride to Cookeville. :thumb:

good post seven, i agree with 99%. but i can't promise to keep my hands up at all times. :roflolk: