Franklin vs. Siegel

callofdooty

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gave them their due. But like I said, winning one game against this district is one thing, winning consistently is one, ask Brentwood

your right about now, but a few years back Brentwood and Franklin beat up on our district. As a Smyrna fan I remember losing to Brentwood and Ravenwood. I also think your Patriots lost to Franklin. I just said give credit where credit is due

your right about now, but a few years back Brentwood and Franklin beat up on our district. As a Smyrna fan I remember losing to Brentwood and Ravenwood. I also think your Patriots lost to Franklin. I just said give credit where credit is due

last 3 years, 11-AAA has gone 11-16 against 7-AAA. Yes they had success against 7-AAA in the past, but once Smyrna won state in 2006, the landscape of this district was forever changed, no longer was it Riverdale and everybody else, now 4-5 teams in this district every year are capable of a deep run, a claim 11-AAA cannot make. They dont call us the SEC of TN HS Football for nothing :thumb:

Peronsally I am eager to see the improvements made by a Siegel Football team coached under Greg Wyant. Also, with the Quarterbacks they do have it's going to be interesting to see the spread stuff under Wyant especially considering he is under the Rankin coaching tree. You couldn't ask for a better human being than Greg Wyant to coach your kids. I do hope to see strides in his second year with a shot at making the playoffs. They key will be how Siegel responds to adversity. That always seems to be their problem. We will see if that changes. This should be a great opening game to watch. I'm going to go with a Franklin team that knows what they are doing offensively, being led by a great Quarterback. Franklin has also been very balanced under Craig Clayton with the ability to run the football. Pulling for Siegel but gotta go with the Rebels here.

Peronsally I am eager to see the improvements made by a Siegel Football team coached under Greg Wyant. Also, with the Quarterbacks they do have it's going to be interesting to see the spread stuff under Wyant especially considering he is under the Rankin coaching tree. You couldn't ask for a better human being than Greg Wyant to coach your kids. I do hope to see strides in his second year with a shot at making the playoffs. They key will be how Siegel responds to adversity. That always seems to be their problem. We will see if that changes. This should be a great opening game to watch. I'm going to go with a Franklin team that knows what they are doing offensively, being led by a great Quarterback. Franklin has also been very balanced under Craig Clayton with the ability to run the football. Pulling for Siegel but gotta go with the Rebels here.

You are right about Coach Wyant! Greg is a total class act and is a wonderful human being! GO STARS! :hungry::thumb:

Coin toss in this one. I have the Rebels by a field goal. i know i posted earlier that Siegel was going to win. Just dont know enough/ anything about the Stars. Stars please, please, please prove me wrong. I will be pulling for all of my 7-AAAites. Good Luck and get it done.

Edited by milo118

Coin toss in this one. I have the Rebels by a field goal. i know i posted earlier that Siegel was going to win. Just dont know enough/ anything about the Stars. Stars please, please, please prove me wrong. I will be pulling for all of my 7-AAAites. Good Luck and get it done.

Ditto** Don't be suprised to see a lot of points with these two teams respective Quarterbacks

Can't say enough about Coach Wyant, he personally sought me out after last years game a paid mykidsdad kid a great complement. They will be an up and coming program with him at the helm. :popcorneater:

Should be a great game between two good teams. I think the game will be more defensive than most expect, as many early season games are while teams are trying to find their identity offensively. Thus, I have to pick the team with the better, more experienced defense. Franklin wins in both those categories, and will ultimately win their season opener on the road.

FHS- 17

SHS- 7