BA VS TRINITY

nike7

I remember when MBA played Byrnes...and got beat like 56-14. I asked some of the mba guys what it was like and they said at half time they were sitting around thinking what the heck did our coach get us in to. Hopefully this trinity team isnt like that byrnes team...mba has beaten trinity in the past.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just find it hard to believe that either BA/MBA gets blown out. I see both being tough, close games

WOW!! 45-7! I told you Trinity was way ahead of Tennessee this year. They are comparable to the Byrnes team that blew out MBA 62-14. With the exception of Maryville and Ensworth, Tennessee will be down this year nationally.

WOW!! 45-7! I told you Trinity was way ahead of Tennessee this year. They are comparable to the Byrnes team that blew out MBA 62-14. With the exception of Maryville and Ensworth, Tennessee will be down this year nationally.

Go ahead.....pat yourself on the back.

Now Almighty Soothsayer what is your Trinity vs MBA prediction?

Trinity is really good and they were suppose to win, but that game should not have been as out of hand as it got. BA was playing right with trinity until the pick 6. After that, everything shut down for BA. They could not run the ball all night, and didn't have time to throw in the 2nd half. The talent is there, but they still need a lot of work.

BA will do fine this year. Trinity played well and was well coached. I expected their level of talent with over 1300 boys grades 9-12. I was nice to see a team travel with so many fans in tow. I would love to see MBA win next week but it will be a challenge to say the least.

BA will do fine this year. Trinity played well and was well coached. I expected their level of talent with over 1300 boys grades 9-12. I was nice to see a team travel with so many fans in tow. I would love to see MBA win next week but it will be a challenge to say the least.

I am now dragged into signing up and speaking my mind about my school. I see BA is now making excuses for subpar play! So now, we wait for an easy opponent to say that BA is back next, I suppose. I was shocked to see what our program has become. All I can say, coach, please come back, one more time, and save our program. How many times is “almost†going to be acceptable?? These people don’t respect what has been achieved in our past. If you are going to play a top ranked team, don’t do it just to say, we are starting out with a tough opponent and chalk up the single worst loss in BA history and then make excuses!!! I never heard you making excuses coach. This is sickening.

Ok here is the problem, in my not so humble opinion. What is supposed to be a great D-Line gave the opposing QB enough time to stop and tie his cleats before throwing the ball. Our players were cramping all night long, I never saw a single Trinity player down on the field, other than once, and it wasn’t for cramping. I will say our secondary did pretty decent, considering our offenses horrible play. My grandmother, if she were still alive, God rest her soul, could have out ran our QB, and we are suppose to be a team that runs the option??? :/ After one decent looking drive he threw the pick six and folded. Our running backs didn’t stand a chance after that. Our special teams were giving the ranch away on coverage…. It was an embarrassment to say the least. Am I crazy, or are all our other supporters crawled up under a rock somewhere after that total meltdown, afraid to speak their minds? Coach, please come back.

Edited by baeagles1982

Go ahead.....pat yourself on the back.

Now Almighty Soothsayer what is your Trinity vs MBA prediction?

Sorry if I offended you shakefat. I simply retorted to someone that said it wouldn't be a blowout(and I wasn't rude about it.) I was correct. Obviously, you're not tuned into the national scene. If you were you would've seen this coming the minute they scheduled the game. As far as MBA goes, I think MBA will play them tougher than 38 pts. I will stick to my guns and say a 21-28+ blowout.

Sorry if I offended you shakefat. I simply retorted to someone that said it wouldn't be a blowout(and I wasn't rude about it.) I was correct. Obviously, you're not tuned into the national scene. If you were you would've seen this coming the minute they scheduled the game. As far as MBA goes, I think MBA will play them tougher than 38 pts. I will stick to my guns and say a 21-28+ blowout.

Not offended, in fact your prediction was better than mine. I too think the MBA game will be closer but still a loss for MBA.

BA has a lot of work to do, both offensively and the defense needs tweaking quite a bit.

I am now dragged into signing up and speaking my mind about my school. I see BA is now making excuses for subpar play! So now, we wait for an easy opponent to say that BA is back next, I suppose. I was shocked to see what our program has become. All I can say, coach, please come back, one more time, and save our program. How many times is “almost†going to be acceptable?? These people don’t respect what has been achieved in our past. If you are going to play a top ranked team, don’t do it just to say, we are starting out with a tough opponent and chalk up the single worst loss in BA history and then make excuses!!! I never heard you making excuses coach. This is sickening.

Ok here is the problem, in my not so humble opinion. What is supposed to be a great D-Line gave the opposing QB enough time to stop and tie his cleats before throwing the ball. Our players were cramping all night long, I never saw a single Trinity player down on the field, other than once, and it wasn’t for cramping. I will say our secondary did pretty decent, considering our offenses horrible play. My grandmother, if she were still alive, God rest her soul, could have out ran our QB, and we are suppose to be a team that runs the option??? :/ After one decent looking drive he threw the pick six and folded. Our running backs didn’t stand a chance after that. Our special teams were giving the ranch away on coverage…. It was an embarrassment to say the least. Am I crazy, or are all our other supporters crawled up under a rock somewhere after that total meltdown, afraid to speak their minds? Coach, please come back.

Classy post baeagles1982. BA lost, badly...true. I am a father of a player, and it's shameful for a man your age to trash the young men who have worked their tails off, and unfortunately, lost. I was as disappointed as anyone with the outcome, but choose to look ahead. I am looking ahead to our QB getting to play in his 2nd HS game, along with several other boys who were playing in their 1st varsity game...ever. They will regroup. I love Coach Flatt, he is the best. I also respect our current coach, he's a great man, who believes in many of the same things Coach Flatt does, and making excuses is not his style either. BA is not as good as Trinity, and sometimes that's just the way it is.

Also, some perspective for you...BA's tradition of good football is still alive and well. They will and have a good team...things will come together. As far as the worst loss ever? Here are a few from the past. What were you saying to Coach Flatt after the the 1990 loss to Jess Lanier (48-15), or in 1997 when Ryan beat BA 34-0 and McCallie also beat us 38-18. Oh, maybe you were in the Headmasters office in 1998 after MBA thrashed us 31-0, demanding changes be made. We survived, and have thrived, after those setbacks, and we will survive this one. Chill out, get a better attitude, come out to practice sometime, come to a few more games, and watch these kids grow into a great team that will continue our tradition of excellence.

Classy post baeagles1982. BA lost, badly...true. I am a father of a player, and it's shameful for a man your age to trash the young men who have worked their tails off, and unfortunately, lost. I was as disappointed as anyone with the outcome, but choose to look ahead. I am looking ahead to our QB getting to play in his 2nd HS game, along with several other boys who were playing in their 1st varsity game...ever. They will regroup. I love Coach Flatt, he is the best. I also respect our current coach, he's a great man, who believes in many of the same things Coach Flatt does, and making excuses is not his style either. BA is not as good as Trinity, and sometimes that's just the way it is.

Also, some perspective for you...BA's tradition of good football is still alive and well. They will and have a good team...things will come together. As far as the worst loss ever? Here are a few from the past. What were you saying to Coach Flatt after the the 1990 loss to Jess Lanier (48-15), or in 1997 when Ryan beat BA 34-0 and McCallie also beat us 38-18. Oh, maybe you were in the Headmasters office in 1998 after MBA thrashed us 31-0, demanding changes be made. We survived, and have thrived, after those setbacks, and we will survive this one. Chill out, get a better attitude, come out to practice sometime, come to a few more games, and watch these kids grow into a great team that will continue our tradition of excellence.

Well Doct I hope you are correct. I just wanted to see a somewhat competitive game. It started out looking like we were going to be in it. I think we have fine players, the team just did not look prepared. Maybe it is because Trinity is just that much better. We shall see. I guess I was expecting to see us perform like we did against Olive Branch last season, when we were predicted to lose and rolled over them. That team looked prepared.

Edited by baeagles1982

As embarrassing as that loss was, I agree with doct. This team has the talent and the will, and they will get things together and become a good, good team. Coach potter has been saying all summer to pretty much anyone that asked, that losing a week of 2 a days would make playing trinity very tough, and it showed. This team has been working hard and will continue to work hard, and will turn this season around. They are very talented but many of the better players on the team were playing their first varsity game of their life. Very young team, but I feel that the more they play the better they will be.