Warren county football

pioneersfan

No, WC didn't lose the game, Moore County won the game because they wanted it more. I can remember in 1999, MC went to WC for a scrimmage and won the scrimmage. The reason they won that scrimmage was because WC wasn't disciplined. I saw that tonight also.

MC would have beaten WC be 50 in 99.

Granted, give credit to Moore co. penalties reflect team discipline does anyone have that stat?

Penalty wise... I believe the refs were quite kind to the WC players. Also, several Key MCplayers have been sidelined to to injuries or playing with injuries. They had some errors in the 3rd qtr due to the center breaking a finger and not telling anyone cuz he wanted to keep playing. WC looks like they have several really athletic kids. Maybe if they focused on getting better at what they can do well and not trying so many different plays on offense, they would walk off the field with a win. How much frustration can those boys take?

The worst loss in the history of WCHS. Moore Co. has slightly more than 2000 households in whole county. They have struggled all year in 1A. Moore Co. is a bad 1A football team. 19-0 at Half. I know the kids played hard, WC didnt quit, they gave it their all and many other cliche's and reasons are coming. This should never ever happen. Just waiting for all those pep rally types to tell us realistic view guys how we are the problem. Explain to me and all others how it happens to a program that is supposedly getting better with coaches that were hired outside system that had vast football knowledge with 72 players starting this year. If this type loss doesnt make you reevualate then nothing will. Explain it to us smashmouth.

The last time WC had a winning record was 1990 when they went 8-3 and won the Nurserymen's Bowl. Since that time they have went thru 8 (I believe) head coaches which averages out to 2.6 years each. The fact that Madewell coached them for 6 years drops some of the tenure even lower. No coach can come in and turn a program around in that short amount of time. Coach Johnson deserves a chance to develop players his way and see how they perform before the community starts to grumble. When a 6A school only has 4 fulltime coaches and we are playing against teams with 10 or more it shows which towns support their teams with $$$ and equipment and which don't. The school system should take a look at all the former coaches that are still teaching and make room for new ones, using part-time non faculty personnell is not the answer as they cannot always be there for the whole practice and very rarely are at off season workouts. The sophomores on this years team are the first players to have started under Coach Johnson, we at least owe him until they are seniors before we start to judge.

The number of coaches is a tired excuse, Bobby Newby had 3 assistants and he took them to the semi finals. Its not always quantity that counts

Yes, I realize Moore County is a 1A school, and I also know that school classifications are based on the number of students in the school, not on it's football program. Yes, this is Coach Johnson's second year and the team went from having one player bench pressing over 225lbs to 6 or 7, which is an improvement. Yes, Coach Newby had only 3 assistants, but could he win now with only 3 assistants and without just having to hand the ball to 43 about 60 times a game. I'm not knocking Coach Newby but the things that won 25-30 years ago won't cut it today. It's ok to remember the past, but that was Warren County Senior High and in 2011 it's Warren County High School

Ok, so this is modern era football, I must be an old timer that does not have a clue how modern ball is played btw newby gave the ball to 43 because he knew they could not stop him...no need for gimics or fancy formations. they also played pretty good defense, but that doesnt count since it was stone age football.