Warren county football

pioneersfan

The boys read this. They are working hard to improve as well as the coaches. Please do not degrade them. I don't think any of the girl's soccer players could kick the ball any deeper on kick offs. If any band members can help the team, then come on out and play. They will improve and compete. 75% of the team are underclassmen, 14-15 year olds. Some kids that played last year did not play this year but many more kids are playing now last year. Interest in the program is increasing at school. It is a process that will improve over the next few years if they stay the course. Most of the people who post negative things on this board never played anyway. We can compete in 6aaa, it may take another year or two but they will.

Edited by hillrider

The boys read this. They are working hard to improve as well as the coaches. Please do not degrade them. I don't think any of the girl's soccer players could kick the ball any deeper on kick offs. If any band members can help the team, then come on out and play. They will improve and compete. 75% of the team are underclassmen, 14-15 year olds. Some kids that played last year did not play this year but many more kids are playing now last year. Interest in the program is increasing at school. It is a process that will improve over the next few years if they stay the course. Most of the people who post negative things on this board never played anyway. We can compete in 6aaa, it may take another year or two but they will.

Indeed and why pit 1 group against the other. Football is about all of it--everybody that performs that night from the colors, ntl anthem, cheerleaders, band, etc. Everybody has their ability in 1 area or the other and "fall" wouldn't be "fall" without the entire group. As for the kicker, come on, he's trying and is not "bad". Y'all need to quit slurring the kids. Kids are kids and they may say stuff like that but adults need to be adults.

You have had GOOD coaches at WC. Madewell was a good coach. The problem is consistency. WC has no tradition or identity. Every coach brings in a NEW SCHEME in hopes of shaking the trees and getting new kids out for football. Every two to four years you fire the coach and hire another. Every time you look for a BIG NAME and end up with something less than what you expect. Decide the four or five things you want the head coach to accomplish apart of the score and hire someone with those objects. Don't just hire someone and tell them to WIN. Judge your staff based on other factors. Winning will come in time.

That's the problem with Warren County in general not just in athletics, a bunch of old people that want to hang on to the past and not let the young people of today grow and develop. Why do you think over half of our graduating seniors leave town for college and never come back and the only people that move into town are retired. WC is stuck in the past. All the old guys are jealous and it seems they don't want anyone to beat their records, that and too many paople with their own agendas as assistant coaches or school board members intertere with the coaching staff wanting their kid to start. That 74 team was 36 years ago some of the players on todays team didn't even have parents born then. Quit hanging on to the past, you had your time and let the youth of today flourish.

Simply put, you are an IDIOT !!!, The past, is the only thing, Pioneer fans can hang their hats on. The pioneer teams of 1974-76, lost 4 regular season games in three years and produced 3 players that played at Tennessee, one at Vandy, two at tenn. Tech, one at Ausin Peay, one at Tenn. St. that's 8 players playing D-1 ball and 4-5 playing at d-11 levels, The Womack era, was almost as good, but this is a different era. Back in the day, all across town, stores and business's would all display their PIONEER PRIDE, with flags and Posters. Fans would follow the team wherever they played at, and would out-draw the home crowd. Every old-time Pioneer is behind the current Pioneer players and coaching staff, we know, how good it can be here,and why, there is NO REASON, why it cannot be that way again. We look forward, to congratulating the teams who can come close, to the Legends of the past. But, face it!!! Until they do, These teams will always be THE LEGENDS OF THE FALL !!!!!!!!! get over it LOSER !!!!

Edited by 14pioneers

You have had GOOD coaches at WC. Madewell was a good coach. The problem is consistency. WC has no tradition or identity. Every coach brings in a NEW SCHEME in hopes of shaking the trees and getting new kids out for football. Every two to four years you fire the coach and hire another. Every time you look for a BIG NAME and end up with something less than what you expect. Decide the four or five things you want the head coach to accomplish apart of the score and hire someone with those objects. Don't just hire someone and tell them to WIN. Judge your staff based on other factors. Winning will come in time.

No! Win Now! Play my kid! He's better than yours!I can coach better than this coaching staff! Back when I played in 1974! :roflolk:

Guest Termite

As I stated last year on this site, the Pioneers have very few offensive weapons since they graduated 95% of their offense. They have very little playmaking ability. Defensively they struggle to get stops. They will continue to struggle for years to come. They can put 100+ on the sideline. If you dont have players who can make bigtime plays then it is hard to score or get stops. Not knocking any young man out there busting his tail. The last senior class had some of those type kids and still only got 3 wins their Sr year.

WC has went out searching for wins on this years schedule including Moore Co.(A) and Smith Co.(AA). The basketball teams did this last year. Find the Monterey,Watertown,Moore Co type schools and try to pad the win total. The problem with this is when those school beat you it truly shows everyone where the program is. Searching for wins isnt the answer.

WC has been over 2 decades since a winning team has been put on the field at Nunley stadium. We keep building,rebuilding,retooling, and reloading. No one ever really addresses the problem which IMO lies at how our whole school system is setup. The county school system is a joke when it comes to building athletic teams at a higher level. We are a 6A football team that is run like a single A program. It isnt the AD's fault, the principals fault, coaches fault, or players fault. It is the fault of Warren County citizen who for some reason tried to hold onto some 1940 philosphy about their county school and all the great thing that were done in it back in the days of WWI, WWII all the way up to current day not realizing other places have passed us by long ago. Those new county facilities will be nice. The students will continue to test low in them(Warren County is one of eight school districts in the state on the current watch list by the state for those who didnt know). The athletes will continue to be behind. But hey for 15-20 million dollars for facilities what do you expect. Ever thought of maybe having 3 big middle schools and 2 highschools. Ever think our system is flawed. Ever think doing the same thing over and over expecting different results is the correct way. Ever think those county schools should be history not the current way. Good luck to the Pioneers in the coming weeks. Maybe the people who support you at Nunley Stadium will one day look forward not back in time.

Well, lil ole Smith Co. Comes to town Friday night. Hoping to pad your win total with them could be a mistake. SC will bring a good crowd and a well coached team with about 90 kids. And I garentee when y'all make the trip to SC next year, you will be impressed with ower little school. Top notch facilities, coaches and supporters.

Guest Termite

I wondered how a program, being the only HS in the county got in this shape. Then I remembered back to around 1981. SCs program was at it's lowest. An alum came home to coach. I believe be was an assistant at Warren Co.. Gary Ranking. In 4 years SC went from winless to the quarter finals. Coaches make the difference. But not overnight, and it requires support. Lots of support. You can look at Smith Co. ( both SC and Gordonsville) and a Trousdale Co.

Edited by Termite

Well, lil ole Smith Co. Comes to town Friday night. Hoping to pad your win total with them could be a mistake. SC will bring a good crowd and a well coached team with about 90 kids. And I garentee when y'all make the trip to SC next year, you will be impressed with ower little school. Top notch facilities, coaches and supporters.

No need to educate the "old Pioneers" livng in the past. I am fully aware what kind of team Smith County will bring into Nunley stadium and what your past "oops I said PAST", history and tradition is. I hope you will enjoy our tremendous stadium and atmosphere, which still holds true today, even though we struggle mightly. Enjoy yourself !! On another note, kudos to our local sportswriter jeff Simmons, on his candd remarks about the pioneer football team, i only hope the STANDARD, will not crumple to outside forces, in trying to put a muzzle on him. I find it very refreshing !! Go Pioneers !!!!!