Warren county football

pioneersfan

Termite I can assure you Smith Co wasn't added to get a easy win ..Most people know Smith County runs a top notch program..and as for Moore County , we have had a standing scrimmage with them for about 3 or 4 years now so i guess it was time to strap it up for real.I'm Pretty sure there is a WC alumni Coaching there , that's how it all started....

the kids are workin hard ...everyone knows we are really young ....they are making tons of mistakes....Stay behind the boys and lets hope it pays off.

The problem with warren county sports is parents truly believe that if you ever played high school football or coached your son in pee wee football then you know more than the high school coach. These are the facts.

Don't know how many students go to school at WC, I suppose 17 or 1800. SC has 650 students and will have 90 kids dressed out. Also don't know how big your visitor side is but SC will fill it up and most likely have people standing around the fence. In any game, SC will play 30 to 35 kids in rotation. aafter reading some posts, it seems that WC has problems with parents and boosters trying to be the coach.

Don't know how many students go to school at WC, I suppose 17 or 1800. SC has 650 students and will have 90 kids dressed out. Also don't know how big your visitor side is but SC will fill it up and most likely have people standing around the fence. In any game, SC will play 30 to 35 kids in rotation. aafter reading some posts, it seems that WC has problems with parents and boosters trying to be the coach.

After reading Whyaskwhy's post related to Warren County being on the state academic watch list - Smith County schools (SC and Gordonsville)two years ago were tied with two other school systems in the state for the highest test scores in the state. We do other things beside athletics in SC.

I wouldn't put alot of stake in what whyaskwhy has to say ...to be fair to the school system we have seen a VERY Large influx of Latino kids into our school system,when you take a Non english speaking kid and put him/her in the 5th grade and above scores will drop.

Our Football team is young VERY VERY young ,it can be a blessing or a excuse, however you want to look at it.

Simply put, you are an IDIOT !!!, The past, is the only thing, Pioneer fans can hang their hats on. The pioneer teams of 1974-76, lost 4 regular season games in three years and produced 3 players that played at Tennessee, one at Vandy, two at tenn. Tech, one at Ausin Peay, one at Tenn. St. that's 8 players playing D-1 ball and 4-5 playing at d-11 levels, The Womack era, was almost as good, but this is a different era. Back in the day, all across town, stores and business's would all display their PIONEER PRIDE, with flags and Posters. Fans would follow the team wherever they played at, and would out-draw the home crowd. Every old-time Pioneer is behind the current Pioneer players and coaching staff, we know, how good it can be here,and why, there is NO REASON, why it cannot be that way again. We look forward, to congratulating the teams who can come close, to the Legends of the past. But, face it!!! Until they do, These teams will always be THE LEGENDS OF THE FALL !!!!!!!!! get over it LOSER !!!!

WOW! I'm really sorry you old guys can't let go and move on. It must be sad to have to sit in the retirement home and think back on "the good old days". As for myself, I'm interested in football that wasn't played in leather helmets.

WOW! I'm really sorry you old guys can't let go and move on. It must be sad to have to sit in the retirement home and think back on "the good old days". As for myself, I'm interested in football that wasn't played in leather helmets.

So you are interested in what we are witnessing on the field these days? I would like to point out two stats from last week's game against the juggernaut Cumberland County Jets WC allowed a kid to gain 345 yards rushing, WC had 17 penalties for 140 yards.

Does that sounds like things are moving in the right direction? Being proud of our past does not mean we don't care about what is happening out there today. These kids deserve better, the town deserves better.

The 17 penalties is the bigger of the two problems, that is simply a lack of discipline, that is inexcusable. Young or not the coaches are accountable for that.

Edited by McCobb

I wouldn't put alot of stake in what whyaskwhy has to say ...to be fair to the school system we have seen a VERY Large influx of Latino kids into our school system,when you take a Non english speaking kid and put him/her in the 5th grade and above scores will drop.

Our Football team is young VERY VERY young ,it can be a blessing or a excuse, however you want to look at it.

Very true...we are pretty young too. Mistakes will be made by young kids...no matter how well they are coached. Hope we can limit ours tonight. I'm looking forward to visiting McMinnville. I haven't been there since our youth football days many years ago.

Question? Does your field still have a huge crown? It was the highest I have ever seen.

OK -- this forum has gone cold. It is Cookeville at home tonight for a district rivalry. Any thoughts?

I remember two years ago when we played at Tech and if were'nt for some big special teams plays by Cookeville, the game could have gone either way. Hopefully WC will get fired up about what used to be a big district game and rivalry and rise to the occasion. Nobody likes a lopsided game.