1. 1. Final margin?

• Bradley by 14+
    • Bradley by 7-14
    • Bradley by <7
    • Baylor by <7
    • Baylor by 7-14
    • Baylor by 14+

Read some interesting things here.

First off, the radio broadcast for all Bradley Football is 93.9 FM. Corky Whitlock is in his 51st year of broadcasting Bradley sports. Earl Rowan is handling the color and stats.

Now, to the game itself. Bradley lost straight up. But saying the scoreboard is the only thing that counts is avoiding the whole truth. Consdering where Bradley football was when Coach Floyd took over, it has moved a long ways to the better. This Bradley fan has been watching games a long time, the good and the bad. And I don't always watch the score as the be all end all, particularly when rebuilding a program.

Effort and competitveness is important in this. Bradley, just a few years ago, would not have even scored, and Baylor would have named their score. Last night Bradley played tough and gave Baylor plenty to think about.

I bet you Baylor walked out of that stadium saying this was a good test for us. Baylor is as solid of a team as I remember them having and will likely compete for another championship this year. Bradley gave them the short field twice and they did what good teams do; score. Take those two away and it's a 31 - 28 game for Baylor. And more indicative of how this game was played.

Now I know some will say I can't take those scores out and it is true from the standpoint of our win/loss record. But, I am taking an objective look at where this team is today in relation to where we want to be. And it's lot closer than a few years ago.

Mental mistakes was Bradley's downfall and that is why Coach Floyd scheduled this opponent: to prepare the Bears for future competition. Beating some team down on their luck would have done nothing but pad stats. This game and like games will make our Bears better in the long run.

Physically, the Bears for the first time in a long time have the personnel to compete, in all phases. Yes there are some places to shore up a bit more, mostly weight room and conditioning, but they are getting there.

Did I want the win? Durn tootin' I did. But we played hard, gave a good accounting our ourselves, and learned a few things. But it's not the end of the world and the season is just starting. Lots of football to be played, yet. Let's see where this ride goes. :popcorneater:

Congrats and Good Luck to Baylor. We'll see you next year and see if we can do a little better.

• Upvote 1

The 57 yd field goal wasn't getting out coached, neither was the defense not being able to stop their qb,he's a king fish as they used to say, but that many penalties on the o line for movement,all coaching. that said Baylor is pretty good.

The 57 yard FG is, I am pretty sure a record at Bear Stadium. And am hearing a record for the State of Tennessee. The Professional record is only 63.

Even if it bounced off the crossbar to be good.

The kid did good, and congrats.

Read some interesting things here.

First off, the radio broadcast for all Bradley Football is 93.9 FM. Corky Whitlock is in his 51st year of broadcasting Bradley sports. Earl Rowan is handling the color and stats.

Now, to the game itself. Bradley lost straight up. But saying the scoreboard is the only thing that counts is avoiding the whole truth. Consdering where Bradley football was when Coach Floyd took over, it has moved a long ways to the better. This Bradley fan has been watching games a long time, the good and the bad. And I don't always watch the score as the be all end all, particularly when rebuilding a program.

Effort and competitveness is important in this. Bradley, just a few years ago, would not have even scored, and Baylor would have named their score. Last night Bradley played tough and gave Baylor plenty to think about.

I bet you Baylor walked out of that stadium saying this was a good test for us. Baylor is as solid of a team as I remember them having and will likely compete for another championship this year. Bradley gave them the short field twice and they did what good teams do; score. Take those two away and it's a 31 - 28 game for Baylor. And more indicative of how this game was played.

Now I know some will say I can't take those scores out and it is true from the standpoint of our win/loss record. But, I am taking an objective look at where this team is today in relation to where we want to be. And it's lot closer than a few years ago.

Mental mistakes was Bradley's downfall and that is why Coach Floyd scheduled this opponent: to prepare the Bears for future competition. Beating some team down on their luck would have done nothing but pad stats. This game and like games will make our Bears better in the long run.

Physically, the Bears for the first time in a long time have the personnel to compete, in all phases. Yes there are some places to shore up a bit more, mostly weight room and conditioning, but they are getting there.

Did I want the win? Durn tootin' I did. But we played hard, gave a good accounting our ourselves, and learned a few things. But it's not the end of the world and the season is just starting. Lots of football to be played, yet. Let's see where this ride goes. :popcorneater:

Congrats and Good Luck to Baylor. We'll see you next year and see if we can do a little better.

Must of been a very good game between two very good teams. But if you are talking about the two short field scores that Baylor had to make that would have made it 31-28...a much better score. Then you would have to take away Bradley's score with seconds left against Baylors bench. That would have made it 31-21. Regardless, Baylor and Bradley are probably the area's 2 best teams. Hopefully Red Bank can put it together also. Good luck to both squads. I fully expect Baylor to make alot of noise this year. To go to Cleveland and beat a good Bears team on the road shows alot.

Must of been a very good game between two very good teams. But if you are talking about the two short field scores that Baylor had to make that would have made it 31-28...a much better score. Then you would have to take away Bradley's score with seconds left against Baylors bench. That would have made it 31-21. Regardless, Baylor and Bradley are probably the area's 2 best teams. Hopefully Red Bank can put it together also. Good luck to both squads. I fully expect Baylor to make alot of noise this year. To go to Cleveland and beat a good Bears team on the road shows alot.

You may have a point, but Baylor scored with their starters with about 4 minutes left as well, so should we take that away. Both of those scores were on 80 yard +/- drives in the 4th quarter. I was thinking more about the shortfield scores off Bear mistakes. We did trade INT's at one point which gave Baylor the field position to kick the field goal and I counted that one.

And it was a very good game.

You may have a point, but Baylor scored with their starters with about 4 minutes left as well, so should we take that away. Both of those scores were on 80 yard +/- drives in the 4th quarter. I was thinking more about the shortfield scores off Bear mistakes. We did trade INT's at one point which gave Baylor the field position to kick the field goal and I counted that one.

And it was a very good game.

I think my point was that...not you so much from reading....but Baylor won the game period. Just seems when a team loses some fans try to make excuses or whatever. Again, not really you....but they won. Have a very good team and did it away....at Bradley. That counts for alot too. Not my dog in the hunt....I just hate excuses I guess. Good luck to your team.

Edited by bluelion

I think my point was that...not you so much from reading....but Baylor won the game period. Just seems when a team loses some fans try to make excuses or whatever. Again, not really you....but they won. Have a very good team and did it away....at Bradley. That counts for alot too. Not my dog in the hunt....I just hate excuses I guess. Good luck to your team.

Oh Baylor won straight up. I'm not making any excuses at all about that.

My thoughts had more to do with where Bradley is as a program, and comparing to the level of play I wish to see. I was more intent on comparing in regards to the long drives where both teams played at the same level, without the critical mistakes so much that Bradley made.

The 57 yard FG is, I am pretty sure a record at Bear Stadium. And am hearing a record for the State of Tennessee. The Professional record is only 63.

Even if it bounced off the crossbar to be good.

The kid did good, and congrats.

Mike Hammons prior to moving to play for Polk had one at McMinn Central for 60+. Can't remember for sure exact yardage. 61 or 64?