Clay County @ Dekalb County

Boarhog

Clay and Dekalb both enter this game 1-0. Dekalb is a much larger school, but Clay seems to be improved over recent years. I believe that Dekalb favors the passing game, but I'm not sure. Clay's secondary has decent experience, but they are subject to getting burned. Historically, these teams have played 12 times in the last 22 years. Clay leads this series 7-5, but Dekalb has won the last four meetings ('99, '00, '03, and '04). I'm rooting for Clay, but I feel like this is going to be a challenge for them. I guess we will see what they are made of.

What is everybody else thinking?

Edited by Boarhog

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DeKalb takes this one. Wouldn't surprise me if it was by a really large margin. They have looked impressive so far, and are alot more balanced this year with the running and passing game, which opens up more deep passes. Their defense is doing great with the new coordinator. Also, I heard Clay beat Cannon 19-8 in a scrimmage or something like that. I know it's just a scrimmage, but it would take more than that to come away with a win against DeKalb this year after seeing how bad cannon is playing this year. They got blew out by 41 by a Watertown team that DeKalb had just played and tied the week before.

DeKalb takes this one. Wouldn't surprise me if it was by a really large margin. They have looked impressive so far, and are alot more balanced this year with the running and passing game, which opens up more deep passes. Their defense is doing great with the new coordinator. Also, I heard Clay beat Cannon 19-8 in a scrimmage or something like that. I know it's just a scrimmage, but it would take more than that to come away with a win against DeKalb this year after seeing how bad cannon is playing this year. They got blew out by 41 by a Watertown team that DeKalb had just played and tied the week before.

Clay beat H20 last year if you dident know

Clay beat Cannon 19-8 in a jamboree, so it was only 2 quarters, and some B-team guys played.

I've seen both teams, and this could be a good game. However, Dekalb could win by a wider margin.

Either it will be a close game that could go either way, or DC will win by a couple of touchdowns.

Good luc. By the way, where is Poteete? I noticed that he is not on Centre's roster for the upcoming season.

I believe he went to a college in Chattanooga. I think he has set his mind to worrying about his career rather than football. It's a shame with all the talent he has, but good for him for getting a good future set for himself.

Obviously games aren't won by comparing scores from common oppponents, but let's analyze this. Dekalb and Watertown tied you said. Watertown beat Cannon 41-0, so potentially you guys would too. Clay beat Cannon 19-6 in 2 quarters. Turn it into 4 quarters and its maybe 38-12. Your "fantasy" game with Cannon was 41-0. Clay's "fanatsy" full game with Cannon was 38-12. Seems like we both scored 6 TDs.

Like I said, this comparison doesn't amount to a hill of beans. I'm sure your right, Dekalb will roll on little old Clay County. Dekalb's boys are probably bigger, faster, and better coached. See you guys Friday for our butt whipping.