CAK vs Lexington Christian Academy

Vols78

Going to 4A and leaving Alcoa in 3A wouldn't hurt my feelings at all, ha. Although I would still want to play them every year, and we would in our district. We just wouldn't have to face them in the playoffs. Alcoa has set such a high standard it has really accelerated CAK's program by trying to be competitive with them.

I agree 100%

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CPA just opened a new High School building. It will allow them to increase enrollment,which may or not create a classification change in the future. I believe CPA is at about 400 in HS now, but not sure of the exact number. I agree that 4A would really not be a bad thing. As a matter of fact, CPA's district has tough 4A teams in it already, including Maplewood and Lipscomb (both state contenders), as well as East Lit who is on the verge of being 4A already. CPA has already been very competitive with these schools the last few years.

just wonderning out loud here, but should we expect any different rules since it is played in KY? I know that other sports have that issue not sure about the ole pigskin...(CPA and Alcoa can chime in both you guys played in KY last year)

Great question. Just hope we aren't in for any home cooking, unless it's at the concession stand!thSmileyeating.gif

just wonderning out loud here, but should we expect any different rules since it is played in KY? I know that other sports have that issue not sure about the ole pigskin...(CPA and Alcoa can chime in both you guys played in KY last year)

Only thing I have found so far is the mercy rule in KY is 45 point lead in the 4th qtr ( vs. 35 point lead in the 2nd half in TN). The article I found was date 2002 so that may have been changed. Not saying I think this will come into play during this game, just looking for some differences.

I don't know if this is a Tennessee rule as well, but when CPA played LCA last year there was a very odd play on a long field goal attempt. The kick went awry (not sure if it was intentional or not) and went out of bounds on the 1 yard line. The opposing team got the ball on the 1. I have never seen that before, but it may be a good strategy to pin your opponent deep in their own territory.