Notre Dame at Mcminn Central

BALLCOACH93

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Norte Dame some props. Got a great QB and #20 is very, very good. The offensive scheme is built around them and they execute very well. Turnovers doomed Central. Tough game to come up short. Central was balanced on offense. Even after the turnovers, the Chargers fought to the end. Got some stops late in the game to give themselves a chance. Big difference from last year. Stay focused and get ready for Polk County.

Give Norte Dame some props. Got a great QB and #20 is very, very good. The offensive scheme is built around them and they execute very well. Turnovers doomed Central. Tough game to come up short. Central was balanced on offense. Even after the turnovers, the Chargers fought to the end. Got some stops late in the game to give themselves a chance. Big difference from last year. Stay focused and get ready for Polk County.

You have to admit that ND look pretty bad on defense,What seen was alot of missed tackles.Central ran it down their throat all night long.I don't think central will face a weaker defense than that the rest of the year.What I could not understand is why did these great coaches that we have,call a pass play down on the goal line when we were driving the ball on the ground?Central was running all over them and then we throw a pick in the endzone,Go with what was working at that time.HUGE mistake on their part!

Edited by BALLCOACH93

You have to admit that ND look pretty bad on defense,What seen was alot of missed tackles.Central ran it down their throat all night long.I don't think central will face a weaker defense than that the rest of the year.What I could not understand is why did these great coaches that we have,call a pass play down on the goal line when we were driving the ball on the ground?Central was running all over them and then we throw a pick in the endzone,Go with what was working at that time.HUGE mistake on their part!

I disagree. The D came out shaky the first half and was allowing a lot of rushing yards, but the second half they stepped the D up it seemed, you had (one?) touchdown the second half on basically a fluke pass play?? They stuffed it up the 2nd half and pulled away. Gotta give the D cred for coming out the locker room at half fired up.

Classy Old Warhorse. Thanks and good luck against Polk County.

I disagree. The D came out shaky the first half and was allowing a lot of rushing yards, but the second half they stepped the D up it seemed, you had (one?) touchdown the second half on basically a fluke pass play?? They stuffed it up the 2nd half and pulled away. Gotta give the D cred for coming out the locker room at half fired up.

Central was the better team in the first half but ND was the better team in the 2nd half. ND made adjustments at halftime while it looked like Central was flat and didnt have a counter to ND adjustments (here's where it comes down to coaching IMO). Also the fake punt was not a very good decision. Central only needed a few yds and everybody knew they were not going to punt and lack of excecution cost Central a penalty. These 2 teams were evenly matched and Central should have had the advantage being the home team. Oh well thats my 2 cents.