Catholic and Heritage could upset Farragut

K2ruth

Catholic may be the surprise of Knoxville. I think that by October they could beat Farragut and win the district.

I think Farragut may be as good as they are going to get. Catholic is better coached, and Farragut does not play well under pressure.

I am critical of the Farragut coach's decision to hide from the better teams in the Early Bird this weekend. It sends the wrong message to the team. It says that she is afraid of playing the stronger teams. This helps the record, but you don't get better. You can't hide in District.

Also, I think I may have overlooked Heritage earlier. From what I here they are as good as Catholic or Farragut and almost made it to the Regional last year. They are so far east that I don't see them ofton, but I am hearing that they are loaded.

This district is shaping up well. I thought with Farragut's talent they would win it easy but now I think Catholic, Heritage and Bearden could all finish 1-2.

Farragut should make the semi-finals of the early bird pretty safely with the way their coach stacked the draw. 3 of the better teams won't even make it to the gold round because the coach fixed the brackets.

Heritage has a good test tomorrow night against an injured AC team. They scrimmaged Catholic last week and still have 3 of their best players hurt or out. They hope to be healthy by Labor Day. Heritage should beat them tomorrow, but even if they don't I still think they could beat Farragut.

Good luck to all.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

K2,. your confusion is somewhat obvious :rolleyes::rolleyes:. or those guys are pulling your chain. Past History sounds too loud. Unless some strange things happen, Distrect 3 will be between karnes, Anderson and OakRidge and at this p[oint I have only seen one play and it was not their best performance. Anderson is down too far and will have difficulty recovering. District 4 is more difficult but past History says always Catholic, Farragut, and either Heritage or Maryville. The Coaching turnover has confused the issue some but I'll pick one of those 3 today and in two too three weeks the smoke will clear.

It says that she is afraid of playing the stronger teams. This helps the record, but you don't get better. You can't hide in District.

Can you post these brackets? No team can win a tournament on paper. They have to take the court and outscore the opponent in order to help their record. After watching two nights of KIL action I'm more concerned that whichever team comes out of Knoxville will not be prepared to face the competition that awaits in the post season.

Can you post these brackets? No team can win a tournament on paper. They have to take the court and outscore the opponent in order to help their record. After watching two nights of KIL action I'm more concerned that whichever team comes out of Knoxville will not be prepared to face the competition that awaits in the post season.

And not only that , fans need to know when the play starts no matter if the schedule changes or not. No way to be totally accurate as to times.

Apparently AC beat Heritage in 5 at Heritage last night. Was anyone there? We have a parent that said AC lost the 1st game 25-23 and lost a senior captain to a hand injury. They already had a hurt OH, MH and Setter. Heritage then won pretty easily but then AC came alice and blew the match open. T]Our parent said that once AC started hitting they couldn't be stopped.

I stand by my earlier posts PH AC, eventhough they are young, will be the best team in East Tenn if they get healthy. Apparently none of the injuries are serious, but the AC coaches are using this time to let the players get healthy and give some reserves some time.

I think Catholic and Heritage will compete with Farragut for the District, but if AC gets healthy they will win the Region.

I am here sitting at this computer counting up the times you have said this and the spin you have given it. No question, I saw some talented youn players earlier and a coach that seemed to know what she was doing. The take I get from this, and she can use it anyway whe wants, is AC was really not ready to play when they started and let Heritage jump out on them. Heritage was good enough to play with them. But to her advantage, this must be a good coach who had a talk with her players, After all she is new to some of them and made her points. Advantage the Coach at AC. I have to say that the coach did the job and willed her team to win. Now if that is the way AC is going to approach the matches you could or could not be right. Tradition may have been the winning points but how would you like to be a new coach and lose your first match. You don't have to convince me.This coach is going to have to convince her players. Same thing I saw in Franklin but did not know I was looking for it.. I have to take your perception. young team, injuries, need to know the feeling of winning and possibly does not have now the leader on the floor now but she may have found that one or two that stepped up. The moral to this story..........the story is still out, I agree with you but certainly this right now isn't a gimmee. The coach will make the difference with this team.

Edited by PHargis

Apparently AC beat Heritage in 5 at Heritage last night. Was anyone there? We have a parent that said AC lost the 1st game 25-23 and lost a senior captain to a hand injury. They already had a hurt OH, MH and Setter. Heritage then won pretty easily but then AC came alice and blew the match open. T]Our parent said that once AC started hitting they couldn't be stopped.

I stand by my earlier posts PH AC, eventhough they are young, will be the best team in East Tenn if they get healthy. Apparently none of the injuries are serious, but the AC coaches are using this time to let the players get healthy and give some reserves some time.

I think Catholic and Heritage will compete with Farragut for the District, but if AC gets healthy they will win the Region.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: K2, of course this is the vey earliest part of the season but Anderson and now Heritage. :ph34r::ph34r: slow starts.

Catholic may be the surprise of Knoxville. I think that by October they could beat Farragut and win the district.

I think Farragut may be as good as they are going to get. Catholic is better coached, and Farragut does not play well under pressure.

Good luck to all.

Farragut's team may improve- last year was first season with a new coach. They lost a few players -and lost some drama. Keep the drama away and they could be a team to beat. Parents - step back. I agree Catholic's coach is 'v ball' smart and a great person with a few very good players/leaders. Keep an eye on Hardin Valley he has his eye on a better season.......after all he was awarded; "Co -Coach of the Year".(by % improvement). I wonder if DB, Karns, Brentwood will make state or will it be new uniform colors.

How is central and west Tennessee looking?

It won't be DB!!!! I went to Oak Ridge to see DB play Signal Mountain (a team I really liked) and the only 2 teams that looked like they could make state were Anderson County and Soddy Daisy both of which won their pool.

PH I know you are an AC (and anybody else from ET hater) but they are 5-0 and started three girls over 6 ft and looked pretty impressive tonight. Farragut is the only Knoxville team that could compete with them and I think AC is better.

I am going to hit Farragut tomorrow, I want to see Blackman.

DB was slow, and small. They won't make it out of district.

Announcements