3A District 10..."The Dirty Dime"

DIRTYDIME

The corner played at Hillsboro last year but now starts for Pearl-Cohn. I know that the Firebirds also had a few linemen transfer in. This team will not be 100% in terms of a complete eligible roster until after week four (which is THIS WEEK). If PC knocks off East Lit. and goes to 2-0 in the district then look out because when they get healthy they are going to be hard to beat.

Pearl-Cohn already has 2 losses on their resume and they have upcoming battles with East Literature, MBA, Maplewood, Whites Creek, David Lipscomb, & CPA.

It is mandatory that the Firebirds at least go 3-3 during that stretch of games. If they go 2-4 or worse then they will not be a playoff team with an overall mark of 4-6.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The corner played at Hillsboro last year but now starts for Pearl-Cohn. I know that the Firebirds also had a few linemen transfer in. This team will not be 100% in terms of a complete eligible roster until after week four (which is THIS WEEK). If PC knocks off East Lit. and goes to 2-0 in the district then look out because when they get healthy they are going to be hard to beat.

Pearl-Cohn already has 2 losses on their resume and they have upcoming battles with East Literature, MBA, Maplewood, Whites Creek, David Lipscomb, & CPA.

It is mandatory that the Firebirds at least go 3-3 during that stretch of games. If they go 2-4 or worse then they will not be a playoff team with an overall mark of 4-6.

I believe they will beat at least EL, Whites Creek, and at least 2 (maybe more) of the other 4 games.They should finish 6-4 or better.

Does Pearl - Cohn have any players from their co-op school playing for them? Not sure but I think the MLK students can play for Pearl - Cohn since MLK doesn't have a football team(and it doesn't affect their classification. Hmmmmmm.)

Does Pearl - Cohn have any players from their co-op school playing for them? Not sure but I think the MLK students can play for Pearl - Cohn since MLK doesn't have a football team(and it doesn't affect their classification. Hmmmmmm.)

The only players from MLK is the kicker and a lineman so no it shouldn't affect their classification.How many students do u think MLK has that's going out for football? Edited by FIREBIRD80

Actually the 2008 season, when Pearl-Cohn finished with an overall record of 1-9, is when the Firebirds had the most kids from MLK playing for their football team. Without kids from MLK they probably would not have been able to field a team that year.

This year's Pearl-Cohn team is a team full of "transfer students" who came over from other schools. Those kids plus a very large freshmen class are the nucleus of the PC football team. PC had a large senior class last year, that graduated this past May, and this year was supposed to be a "bridge year" for them.

Hats off to Coach Brunetti and his staff for the outstanding job they are doing with this team that is really playing together for the very first time ever this year.

Actually the 2008 season, when Pearl-Cohn finished with an overall record of 1-9, is when the Firebirds had the most kids from MLK playing for their football team. Without kids from MLK they probably would not have been able to field a team that year.

This year's Pearl-Cohn team is a team full of "transfer students" who came over from other schools. Those kids plus a very large freshmen class are the nucleus of the PC football team. PC had a large senior class last year, that graduated this past May, and this year was supposed to be a "bridge year" for them.

Hats off to Coach Brunetti and his staff for the outstanding job they are doing with this team that is really playing together for the very first time ever this year.

I think the co-op program is a good thing. But if you are going to put a 2X multiplier on the private schools enrollment as a penalty, then the only fair thing to do is also include the co-op school enrollment in the classification for football.

Co-oping doesn't affect classification. It doesnt matter if you have 2 or 20 kids from another school playing for you. If it did, you wouldn't merely count the players from the sending school but the entire student body of the sending school. If co-oping did change classification, I bet no one would do it.

My point is that it should affect classification because it gives the school access to more students to draw its roster from. If your going to penalize private schools with a 2X multiplier which moves them up 2 classifications, you further penalize the privates and other public schools by allowing co-ops to play. Additionally, not all co-op schools are equal size. Drawing from a MLK or a Hume Fogg is a bigger advantage than drawing from some of the other co-op schools.

I think the co-op program is a good thing, but it should be counted in the classification system. But whoever said that the TSSAA wanted to be fair.....

CPA and Pearl-Cohn aren't the only teams in the Dirty Dime that play football, it seems like alot of questions are being asked about these two schools that doesn't really have anything to do with football. We all know that CPA has a beautiful campus with great educational and athletics program. If my child has a chance to better him/herself by attending a private institution I'll take advantage of it as well as most of you. Pearl-Cohn is an inner school that will always have athletes. They have recently became a magnet and open enrollment school. The program is rich in tradition, in the 16yrs the firebirds have only missed the playoffs 3yrs, they have the most wins in the city (metro) the last 16yrs, and most important they have the most football scholorships in the last 6yrs with 64. Who wouldn't want their child to be apart of something this special. Did I mention the homes are great in North Nashvill too, LOL.....

Edited by DIRTYDIME