South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical South fan. What teams respect us? Oak Ridge, Maryville, Bearden, Riverdale, MBA, Farragut just to name a few and all 6A. Actually as a whole players, coaches, fan base included South is the only ones that really hate DB. And we all know why don't we.We don't lose in the first or second round every year so lets get that one straight. If we're beating you because of the "larger pool" how do you explain South getting beat by Greenville & Gate City? And by the way as I keep telling you, South leads all upper east tn teams in the "one & done" catagory. I guess you haven't got the memo from Mr. Haynie. Your supposed to keep you mouth shut this week.

Well in the past 5 years alone you have been a one and done team 4 out of those 5 years, whereas South has gone 1 and done only once and 3 of the 5 years have advanced to at least the quarterfinals in the playoffs, where in 2 of those years they went to the semis. We got beat by Greeneville because They are one of the best teams in the state and. Simple as that, can't explain gate city, should have won that game we just didnt bring our A game.

And I'll tell you this once, DB leads upper ET in one in dones in the past 10 years.

I know noone can forget the past. However there is a game next week. Is there a point to playing this game? Just wondering. It seems a forgone conclusion that DB will finish 10-0. That would mean after next friday night they will be 3-0. Curious to see if anyone can see a way that South wins.

Serious question, not looking for the response if DB doesn't play. Somebody is thinking it.

I know noone can forget the past. However there is a game next week. Is there a point to playing this game? Just wondering. It seems a forgone conclusion that DB will finish 10-0. That would mean after next friday night they will be 3-0. Curious to see if anyone can see a way that South wins.

This is a very viable win for South. Just contain swafford. they wont be able to run alot i dont think. not with the size of our front 7. And if cooke cant deliver a good ball (which from what i've seen he cant) then its a very viable win for South.

Edited by rebelfan77

Well in the past 5 years alone you have been a one and done team 4 out of those 5 years, whereas South has gone 1 and done only once and 3 of the 5 years have advanced to at least the quarterfinals in the playoffs, where in 2 of those years they went to the semis. We got beat by Greeneville because They are one of the best teams in the state and. Simple as that, can't explain gate city, should have won that game we just didnt bring our A game.

And I'll tell you this once, DB leads upper ET in one in dones in the past 10 years.

So your using the selective system. You only count the years that support your argument. Let me make this simple for you. This is a DB vs. South thread. It really doesn't matter who beat us in the first round, second round, third round etc etc. It doesn't matter that you always play against "Jerrys Kids" to get your first round wins in 5A. It doesn't matter that you lost to the smaller school Greenville in the playoffs. DB has beat South something like 17 games in a row (I've lost count) All but one of those games (last year) there was a never ending flood of post on CoachT and all over Kingsport South fans boasting about how bad their going to beat DB. Thats why we give you a hard time. You do all your talking before the game and most of us do ours after the game. So we might lose in the first round but how many times has South beat DB in the last 10 years. If I was you I would at least pick a team that I have beat to run my mouth about. Makes you look stupid.

This is a very viable win for South. Just contain swafford. they wont be able to run alot i dont think. not with the size of our front 7. And if cooke cant deliver a good ball (which from what i've seen he cant) then its a very viable win for South.

This is as good as your players hanging on the fense last night yelling at our team as they came on the field. Don't forget to send your thugs over sometime this weekend to do some spray painting. We wouldn't expect anything less.

Problem is with players like Swafford, even if you can contain them on almost every single carry, the three or four times he gets loose can be touchdowns.

So your using the selective system. You only count the years that support your argument. Let me make this simple for you. This is a DB vs. South thread. It really doesn't matter who beat us in the first round, second round, third round etc etc. It doesn't matter that you always play against "Jerrys Kids" to get your first round wins in 5A. It doesn't matter that you lost to the smaller school Greenville in the playoffs. DB has beat South something like 17 games in a row (I've lost count) All but one of those games (last year) there was a never ending flood of post on CoachT and all over Kingsport South fans boasting about how bad their going to beat DB. Thats why we give you a hard time. You do all your talking before the game and most of us do ours after the game. So we might lose in the first round but how many times has South beat DB in the last 10 years. If I was you I would at least pick a team that I have beat to run my mouth about. Makes you look stupid.

"It really doesn't matter who beat us in the first round, second round, third round etc etc."

hahahaha Third Round? dont make me laugh, lol

"It doesn't matter that you always play against "Jerrys Kids" to get your first round wins in 5A."

You mean the same teams you play all season? And what about the 2-3 rounds after that first round? are they "Jerry's Kids"? (Not that you would know.)

"most of us do ours after the game."

your not one of those people so you probly shouldnt bring this up.

This is as good as your players hanging on the fense last night yelling at our team as they came on the field. Don't forget to send your thugs over sometime this weekend to do some spray painting. We wouldn't expect anything less.

Lets not forget a few years ago when your boys Vandalized our wall and pushup board? what did we do? nothing.

Edited by rebelfan77

"It really doesn't matter who beat us in the first round, second round, third round etc etc."

hahahaha Third Round? dont make me laugh, lol

"It doesn't matter that you always play against "Jerrys Kids" to get your first round wins in 5A."

You mean the same teams you play all season? And what about the 2-3 rounds after that first round? are they "Jerry's Kids"? (Not that you would know.)

"most of us do ours after the game."

your not one of those people so you probly shouldnt bring this up.

Lets not forget a few years ago when your boys Vandalized our wall and pushup board? what did we do? nothing.

Are you really this freeking stupid. Not one of your arguments holds water. Typical South fan. Even the vandalizing was done by your own. Im pretty sure that one was proven. The only good team I can remember South playing in the playoffs was Columbia and they lost that one. I think South has only defeated two teams west of Morristown in the history of the school. So yes, "Jerrys Kids". But Its like I keep saying, It don't matter. This is the DB vs. South thread. Your playing DB next Friday night. Just keep your eye on the ball. If we lose to Bearden or Maryville it doesn't help South one bit.

Edited by WaCoJaCo

Clinton was pretty big across the front as well but we know how that works out. Shawn Bradley was 7'-6" but he stunk at basketball. Seems like you think you know a lot about what Cook can do. Will you actually be on the field to contain Swafford? If so let me know who you are so we can give you all the credit you deserve come Friday night.