South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

VERY well said. That is a great post LGVol. I couldn't agree more. Sorry DB fans ,i know you get tired of me being in your threads, but i had to comment on that post. I like that LG

Sweet Science, You are welcome here anytime. A voice of intelligence and reason is always welcomed(and sometimes needed.)

Edited by LGVol

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm agreeing with a lot more than you're giving me credit for. I would have taken action myself had I seen the incident. I was off walking the field at the open end reeling from the 28 points in 6 minutes onslaught that finished it at half time. Our coaching staff is a collective group of fine Christian men who teach sportsmanship and respect for, but no fear of, an opponent. They would never condone the reported behavior of this group of students who unfortunately give a black eye to all associated with the school.

I believe D-Bs stadium set up is a dangerous set up and the team should warm up at the other end. It is much too close to the opposing student body because of the 37-goal line seating set up. If I coached the Tribe,and they continued to warm up at that end, I would tell them the opponent was at the other end of the field, not in the stands. Keep your composure, your mind on the game and get your warm ups done. Any thing other than that gets you added bench time or practice sprints. No point in players getting into it with fans. I've never seen that at South or any where else. MLB and NBA are very clear on these matters.

So the problem was DBs stadium setup...that is what caused the fans to show there true colors. Interesting. That fits right in with our society where it is always somebody else responsible for our actions/problems. The reason DB warms up on that end is because the team enters on that end from the field house. That is called home field. And the fact that the field is so close to the stands is what makes JFred the great Friday night atmosphere.

Question: if DB plays at Death Valley would South change there warm up procedure? Yeah, right. And would that justify the actions of the opposing fans?

So the problem was DBs stadium setup...that is what caused the fans to show there true colors. Interesting. That fits right in with our society where it is always somebody else responsible for our actions/problems. The reason DB warms up on that end is because the team enters on that end from the field house. That is called home field. And the fact that the field is so close to the stands is what makes JFred the great Friday night atmosphere.

Question: if DB plays at Death Valley would South change there warm up procedure? Yeah, right. And would that justify the actions of the opposing fans?

You are putting words in my mouth here m&g and you know it. I DID NOT SAY this was D-Bs fault. What I did say was it was a volatile set up for ANY game and players have NO BUSINESS interacting with a crowd in any adversarial way. Period. Just that.

At South or any other NORMAL stadium the bulk of fans sit at mid-field and spread out toward the edges however far that may be. The teams always warm up at the ends of the field. AT J. Fred the Indians are right in front in close proximity to the opposing fans. Not a good set up in an otherwise magnificent facility. Let it go man. You are normally a reasonable poster. Would you like me to bring our bunch back down next week so you could beat us 70-0? :roll: Geewhiz. Give it a break.

Good luck against the Bears.:)