South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

I love the way the DB fans only see what they want to see. oh no. The DB players didn't come over there dancing chanting taunting like a bunch of spoiled 6 year olds. They should have got flagged up. If I could throw that far I would have flinged one or two.

One of the funniest events was the officer that came and stood menacing in front of the South student section before the game even started.. Imtimidation scarey....whoooo. Well the fans all pointed over toward the DB side. He finally turned and got the biggest cheer of the night as he walked off. lol

Your probably the same idiot who threw the gatorade bottle at Greenville when you lost and hit your own cheerleaders. I seen seat cushions and bottles and other stuff that night. What, do you guys teach that crap at Pactolus High. That's sad.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are full of crap!! Everything you just said was pretty much a lie. I sat in the end zone right in front of the Hoodlum Section and heard and saw every disgraceful act. You were probably one of them. How could you even consider defending their actions. Your post just proves the point that they represent the South community.

Cap this guy is probably one of the snotty nosed little punks that threw the stuff. A normal adult would'nt even act like that.

As a senior tuba player in the DB Band, I have to say this game was one of the highlights of my high school career. That being said, The pregame booing after my starting off of War Hoop wasn't what was the worst of the South student section (I actually found it humorous). What was the worst was their comments to us before halftime. A friend yelling "I'm going to bring the Lord into this house" to another friend prompted their students to run to the railing to cuss us out. Although it was fun to laugh at their complete ignorance towards the situation, there is a fine line between cheering on your team and being completely disrespectful.

Edited by dbsousa1

Cap this guy is probably one of the snotty nosed little punks that threw the stuff. A normal adult would'nt even act like that.

Maybe they could be trashy enough to throw enough blue gatorade on the DB field......hhmmmmmm

Seriously, wasn't there but it doesnt matter. There is NO EXCUSE for behavior like this and anyone who tries to justify it has as little class as those doing it. I enjoy giving DB fans grief but I have been to many games there and they are as classy a crowd as you will find anywhere so nobody will convince me they egged this garbage on. TSSAA TAKES A LOOK AT THIS I HOPE.

Batman I could have sworn I saw SEVERAL players going both ways ALL GAME LONG... at least until Coach called the dogs off. That was surprising to see that a school with a roster as large as DB doesn't have the depth to platoon. This is the second year in a row that DB has almost had their entire starting backfield going both ways.

I wasn't counting the speed guys,just the big boys.When the speed guys were getting a rest was my reference to players not getting out on the field with some motivation.I don't mind seeing number 6 and 8 play most of the game because they are special athletes and even a little tired are better then most in this area.

You are full of crap!! Everything you just said was pretty much a lie. I sat in the end zone right in front of the Hoodlum Section and heard and saw every disgraceful act. You were probably one of them. How could you even consider defending their actions. Your post just proves the point that they represent the South community.

Are you saying there was no taunting dancing chanting from the DB players just in front of the South student section? You need to take your shades off at night. Tell ya what. Get the film. Arrest the two, yes 2 water bottle throwers and suspend all the players taunting and dancing around right in front of the student section.

As a senior tuba player in the DB Band, I have to say this game was one of the highlights of my high school career. That being said, The pregame booing after my starting off of War Hoop wasn't what was the worst of the South student section (I actually found it humorous). What was the worst was their comments to us before halftime. A friend yelling "I'm going to bring the Lord into this house" to another friend prompted their students to run to the railing to cuss us out. Although it was fun to laugh at their complete ignorance towards the situation, there is a fine line between cheering on your team and being completely disrespectful.

Well there ya go. Hope it's not your tuba out for the season.

I love the way the DB fans only see what they want to see. oh no. The DB players didn't come over there dancing chanting taunting like a bunch of spoiled 6 year olds. They should have got flagged up. If I could throw that far I would have flinged one or two.

One of the funniest events was the officer that came and stood menacing in front of the South student section before the game even started.. Imtimidation scarey....whoooo. Well the fans all pointed over toward the DB side. He finally turned and got the biggest cheer of the night as he walked off. lol

Let me get this right,so your saying if someone gives you the bird,sticks their tongue out at you etc. without touching you. You in turn would assault them. Listen there are bad people everywhere, just don't sink down to their level that's all were trying to say. If you teach your kids to do that, then the cycle goes on and on. Anyway enough of my rant and back to football.

The reason no parents from South intervened IS because it is a direct reflection of the parents. If anyone was at the regional final volleyball game last year in Morristown between DB and South, you know what I am talking about. Several PARENTS, not students came and sat directly behind the DB bench and yelled insults at the girls and coaches throughout the match. Some of the words coming out of their mouths would have been beeped out on HBO. As far as the administration, Greg Harvey hasn't made an effort since day 1 to control the students or teach respect. I've seen too many instances where students were doing things like this and he just sits and smiles. This incident last night should not have surprised anyone ...

I do not condone the throwing of anything at a ballgame, but it wasn't like they mob attacked with dangerous weapons. I saw what happened. There was taunting and there were a couple of water bottles thrown. Your feigned indignance is so obvious it is laughable. I guess none of you have ever been to any other sporting events where there were 2 or more DB students attending.

And to the posters who want to put down Harvey and the parents: You have to be laughing while writing all that BS. Again, not condoning the throwing of anything but, NOTHING at all would have happened if your students hadn't taunted and disrespected the guests in your house. Where'd they learn that.

Spear, Spanky, and Snark0...Yeah, the tune up went 89-0, the season went undefeated (your last, who's counting? 44, 45,46...?--although I use the "royal your"). Sure some of my team mates are possibly more successful than I: State's Exhibit "A," my dealing with self-absorbed, rubes on a high school football site, when I'm sure they team mates better things to do Re: attempting to teach those with little to no humility. But let's just consider I did get to leave (and never really looked back)as most of them. Shall we compare CVs, respective last games (mine was 1994), or net worths? Dr. Tom Million

Edited by 64TNChamp