South vs Dobyns-Bennett

TRIBE86

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same ole same ole. Hard hits, lots of scoring by D-B and classless South fans throwing objects at the band and at the team warming up before the 3rd Qtr. Just another typical D-B / South game. ps oh yeah, now the one and done will start, by the same ole same ole sitting at the house smarting from another same ole same ole beat down. :bored:

Better question...

What is the most points south has ever given up?

Currenly 63-14 with about 9 minutes left in the 4th.

I think this is a record. 2nd most points was to DB in 2000 in a 61-0 loss. I can't see back past 1980.

I never like to see games like this. I thought for a while that it was going to be a game. I have to wonder if SS will be 0-5 before they get their 1st win. I hope they turn it around and get back on track but their next 3 games are not going to be easy. Good luck from here on out.

Edited by DBGRAD70

AWESOME AND PERFECT EXECUTION ON THE HOOK AND LATERAL BY SOUTH... MY FAVORITE PLAY IN FOOTBALL.

Good win by the Indians..... 300+ yds Rushing, no turnovers. Malik Foreman and Devon Swafford are really special players.

A much tougher (thank goodness) opponent coming to Kingsport next week.... 6A Sevier County, both teams 3-0 and this is the kind of competition we should be playing week in and week out.

Roll Tribe Roll

AWESOME AND PERFECT EXECUTION ON THE HOOK AND LATERAL BY SOUTH... MY FAVORITE PLAY IN FOOTBALL.

Good win by the Indians..... 300+ yds Rushing, no turnovers. Malik Foreman and Devon Swafford are really special players.

A much tougher (thank goodness) opponent coming to Kingsport next week.... 6A Sevier County, both teams 3-0 and this is the kind of competition we should be playing week in and week out.

Roll Tribe Roll

Which one was this Ketron, Sullivan Central, Blountville, Lynview, Rogersville, Churchill? Does the schedule start next week, or are there more "tune ups," to pad the 700+ wins? "Roll Tribe," or walk, or hire a proxy--just phone it in. When I see EC playing Union, or DLS traveling to Lauderdale, Mission vs. Don Bosco, Hoover and S. Pan, I wounder why all the swagger that is DB who evidently never sticks it out there. Sure, 1-0 vs. MBA, 50-50 vs. Oakridge, 0-10 Marysville, 0-5 Murphy. Doesn't seem to match all the hype/in-your-face. Ever considered scheduling an OPPONENT? (or at least making it out of the first round?).

Bottom Line: My senior year one team made an extra point--allowed 30 others. Trailed for about 2 minutes ALL season. Spent the night TWICE just to get at the best we could schedule. Played outta state. Lots of my team mates stared at D-1, others did just as well at smaller schools. Most became successful in life. Never said a word, just did our jobs. Won the LAST State Championship.

This is a very viable win for South. Just contain swafford. they wont be able to run alot i dont think. not with the size of our front 7. And if cooke cant deliver a good ball (which from what i've seen he cant) then its a very viable win for South.

boy can you call 'em there. everything you said would happen turned out 180 degrees the other way. couldn't contain Swafford, DB WAS able to run on that big front 7, Cooke could and did deliver the good ball. I guess IF south hadn't given DB the 63 points the Rebels could have made it a game. The South radio team made it sound like it was a squeaker and if South would have just been able to make that one play they would have been carrying coach back to Pactolus on a wave. I guess the players that spent last Friday night at the Fred running their mouths should have been out running some sprints cause they were flat worn out by the middle of the 2nd qtr. If it wouldn't have been for some trickery the SS team would have not even had a sniff of hope early on.

Edited by maroonandgrey