Karns @ Clinton

92Dragon

Man, Dragon, that was tough to watch Thursday night. I've been at a Girls Soccer Tournament in Sevierville all weekend and not able to post or read. I've been a fan of Clinton since we were scheduled 4 years ago. It helps everything if your opponents win! Been a fan of you and your posts on here for at least that long too. It is clear that you are a Dragon through and through, but it is more clear that you are mostly a fan of kids succeeding and competing at the highest level regardless of what color their jersey is. That is the reason for my post.....

The problems on this Clinton Dragon team is not X and O related and I don't believe that a QB, talent wise, can fix it either. Coach Kerr and his staff know footbal and the schemes that they run are not that complicated.....I watched film of Halls game and watched the DB game live. The players are in the right spots and they get lined up just fine. It is the effort and mindset that is the problem. Those kids are too big and too athletic to get pushed around like that. I have no idea what has caused the situation nor how to fix it, but I really hope it happens soon! Clinton is way too fine and too proud of a program to put sort of effort into a ballgame.

This meant in all respect and from a fan of your program. Somebody needs to figure out where the pride and motivation went and that will fix it. The athletes and the schemes to be competitive are right there. The effort and pride didn't make the trip.

Best of luck the rest of the year!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, Dragon, that was tough to watch Thursday night. I've been at a Girls Soccer Tournament in Sevierville all weekend and not able to post or read. I've been a fan of Clinton since we were scheduled 4 years ago. It helps everything if your opponents win! Been a fan of you and your posts on here for at least that long too. It is clear that you are a Dragon through and through, but it is more clear that you are mostly a fan of kids succeeding and competing at the highest level regardless of what color their jersey is. That is the reason for my post.....

The problems on this Clinton Dragon team is not X and O related and I don't believe that a QB, talent wise, can fix it either. Coach Kerr and his staff know footbal and the schemes that they run are not that complicated.....I watched film of Halls game and watched the DB game live. The players are in the right spots and they get lined up just fine. It is the effort and mindset that is the problem. Those kids are too big and too athletic to get pushed around like that. I have no idea what has caused the situation nor how to fix it, but I really hope it happens soon! Clinton is way too fine and too proud of a program to put sort of effort into a ballgame.

This meant in all respect and from a fan of your program. Somebody needs to figure out where the pride and motivation went and that will fix it. The athletes and the schemes to be competitive are right there. The effort and pride didn't make the trip.

Best of luck the rest of the year!

Thank you KptVol! I agree 100%. First of all, these kids are not playing together as a team. Second, they are not playing with heart. Third, they seem to be giving up. I dont care if we lose every game, as long as we are giving it 100% I cannot stand to watch a team give up or play with no heart. Hopefully, the team will come together and get things turned around. I will be there cheering them on win or lose. Dragon Pride!

Thank you KptVol! I agree 100%. First of all, these kids are not playing together as a team. Second, they are not playing with heart. Third, they seem to be giving up. I dont care if we lose every game, as long as we are giving it 100% I cannot stand to watch a team give up or play with no heart. Hopefully, the team will come together and get things turned around. I will be there cheering them on win or lose. Dragon Pride!

Speaking of motivation, a most unKarnslike thing happened last Friday night in Corbin, KY. The Beavers led 14-7 in the 2nd half. Corbin scored to tie it at 14. Karns threw a pick and Corbin scored to lead 21-14. Now this was vintage Karns - do well for awhile, do something (or a few things) stupid and give the game away. But this time it wasn't over yet!!! With a few minutes left the Beavers move down the field and take it to the house, making it 21-20 Corbin. The Beavers talk it over and decide to GO FOR 2. THEY MAKE IT. Karns wins 22-21. These guys don't have Maryville's talent but they will be coming to Clinton believing they can win. Bring it on Dragons; it could be Beaver time in Tennessee. :thumb:

Speaking of motivation, a most unKarnslike thing happened last Friday night in Corbin, KY. The Beavers led 14-7 in the 2nd half. Corbin scored to tie it at 14. Karns threw a pick and Corbin scored to lead 21-14. Now this was vintage Karns - do well for awhile, do something (or a few things) stupid and give the game away. But this time it wasn't over yet!!! With a few minutes left the Beavers move down the field and take it to the house, making it 21-20 Corbin. The Beavers talk it over and decide to GO FOR 2. THEY MAKE IT. Karns wins 22-21. These guys don't have Maryville's talent but they will be coming to Clinton believing they can win. Bring it on Dragons; it could be Beaver time in Tennessee. :thumb:

Thats good to hear BigTuna. Those Karns kids need to start believing in themselves if they ever want to turn that program around. Clinton needs a win in the worst way! These kids seem very focused and determined to turn things around this week. This should be a hard hitting game cause i dont think these kids like each other too much! Haha! I wish both teams the best of luck and hopefully an injury free game! See you Friday night! Go Dragons! :popcorneater:

Thats good to hear BigTuna. Those Karns kids need to start believing in themselves if they ever want to turn that program around. Clinton needs a win in the worst way! These kids seem very focused and determined to turn things around this week. This should be a hard hitting game cause i dont think these kids like each other too much! Haha! I wish both teams the best of luck and hopefully an injury free game! See you Friday night! Go Dragons! :popcorneater:

Yeah, the Dragons gave us a real beating two years ago at your house during the Stone/Hazelhurst era. I was down at the tunnel at halftime and your guys were rubbing it in pretty bad. Our seniors were sophomores then. I'm sure they remember. I'm excited. I just love Friday Night High School football!

Yeah, the Dragons gave us a real beating two years ago at your house during the Stone/Hazelhurst era. I was down at the tunnel at halftime and your guys were rubbing it in pretty bad. Our seniors were sophomores then. I'm sure they remember. I'm excited. I just love Friday Night High School football!

Yep that's the kinda stuff im talking about

Trash talking and people getting hit between the legs Haha all kinds of stuff like that goes on when these 2 teams get together

I believe its Karns turn to come out on top of this battle.

Edited by 92Dragon