Signal Mountain @ Bledsoe

MountainTroll

Those who are jealous of SM's success have tried to discredit its validity by talking about transfer players and enrollment. First of all the transfer players that have come in have not added much except for depth. Transfers have typically lacked the discipline, mental and physical toughness, and football background to make immediate contributions to a Bill Price team. The reality is that our neighboring schools have been playing at a substandard level for so long that its very difficult for transfers to assimilate and meet the demands of our program. Transfer players will not add much value to Signal's program unless they come up in the 8th grade and labor until they are Sr's under Price's rigorous weight program.

I do however hope we start recruiting players in the 8th grade and bringing them in early enough that they will be difference makers. Notre Dame, McCallie, Baylor, all recruit and have for 30 years, why shouldn't Signal. Signal offers the best chance in Chattanooga for players to reach their full potential and be a part of a successful program. What child or their parents would not want to be a part of that. Signal offers the best product, people that don't like that outta step their game up.

Finally, on enrollment. Because Signal Mountain is like Mayberry it has a disproportional number of family's who retarded children living up here. Parents with retarded children move up here so their kids can go to school in a safer environment where they are less likely to be victimized. Retarded children count towards enrollment classification just the same as normal children. I don't have the exact numbers, but I think that if all the mentally and physically handicapped were deducted from Signal's enrollment we might still be a AA school.

Signal's success hasn't come by manipulating the system, its come by working within the system and doing it better than the competition. We come into every game better prepared, in better shaped, and definitely tougher. I'm reminded of Boyd Buchanan.....they have giants on their offensive line and non of them will hit hard enough to break an egg shell.

+1 :roflolk: NICE POST!

I do however hope we start recruiting players in the 8th grade and bringing them in early enough that they will be difference makers. Notre Dame, McCallie, Baylor, all recruit and have for 30 years, why shouldn't Signal. Signal offers the best chance in Chattanooga for players to reach their full potential and be a part of a successful program. What child or their parents would not want to be a part of that. Signal offers the best product, people that don't like that outta step their game up.

Finally, on enrollment. Because Signal Mountain is like Mayberry it has a disproportional number of family's who retarded children living up here. Parents with retarded children move up here so their kids can go to school in a safer environment where they are less likely to be victimized. Retarded children count towards enrollment classification just the same as normal children. I don't have the exact numbers, but I think that if all the mentally and physically handicapped were deducted from Signal's enrollment we might still be a AA school.

Pitiful. If you want to be like those schools mentioned, and you feel like they've been recruiting, then join Division II. You're blatantly encouraging cheating and you wonder why there is such backlash about the program.

If you don't think your transfers have helped a great deal, regardless of how many there have been, look at last season's films again for a reminder-then tell the fullback to go back to LFO, he's not needed.

As for physically and/or mentally disabled students, I can't see your numbers being accurate. The 9-12 count last year was about 625, probably quite a few more this year. The Class A to AA (regular season) cutoff is about 500, are you really trying to say you had 20 percent+ classified as mentally and/or physically disabled?

Edited by Indian

Those who are jealous of SM's success have tried to discredit its validity by talking about transfer players and enrollment. First of all the transfer players that have come in have not added much except for depth. Transfers have typically lacked the discipline, mental and physical toughness, and football background to make immediate contributions to a Bill Price team. The reality is that our neighboring schools have been playing at a substandard level for so long that its very difficult for transfers to assimilate and meet the demands of our program. Transfer players will not add much value to Signal's program unless they come up in the 8th grade and labor until they are Sr's under Price's rigorous weight program.

Signal's success hasn't come by manipulating the system, its come by working within the system and doing it better than the competition. We come into every game better prepared, in better shaped, and definitely tougher. I'm reminded of Boyd Buchanan.....they have giants on their offensive line and non of them will hit hard enough to break an egg shell.

And the obnoxious and arrogant repution of what is Signal Mountain football grows by leaps and bounds. Before this season ends, Signal will be the most hated program in the state much less in Southeast Tennessee.

Maybe that is the way they want it. Gonna backfire sooner or later.

I would highly disagree with whats in bold when it came to the Friendship game last year, were you better prepared? NO, were you in better shape? Not even close. Were you tougher? No. The difference in that game was that you had 600+ students in your school, Friendship had less then 200. Y'all had 80 plus players on the sideline, we had 25. We were definitely in better shape and tougher, Y'all were just a 4A team playing as a 2A team. With that being said I'm glad we could compete with y'all and take you down to the wire. I was a senior on that FCS team and being able to compete with a team like that and in that atmosphere was special and i'll never forget it.

Pitiful. If you want to be like those schools mentioned, and you feel like they've been recruiting, then join Division II. You're blatantly encouraging cheating and you wonder why there is such backlash about the program.

If you don't think your transfers have helped a great deal, regardless of how many there have been, look at last season's films again for a reminder-then tell the fullback to go back to LFO, he's not needed.

As for physically and/or mentally disabled students, I can't see your numbers being accurate. The 9-12 count last year was about 625, probably quite a few more this year. The Class A to AA (regular season) cutoff is about 500, are you really trying to say you had 20 percent+ classified as mentally and/or physically disabled?

:roflol: Some of you guys need to lighten up a little.

Should be an awesome game. I'd love for one of you guys to call our post game radio show and discuss this one. We'll be on the air at 93.9 the Duck beginning at 10:30. Here's a link to internet stream for the station. We're laid back and love to talk football!

93.9 The Duck Post Game Call In!

Whats the call in number? Is it the one listed on the website for request?

Should be an awesome game. I'd love for one of you guys to call our post game radio show and discuss this one. We'll be on the air at 93.9 the Duck beginning at 10:30. Here's a link to internet stream for the station. We're laid back and love to talk football!

93.9 The Duck Post Game Call In!

Yea, what's the call-in number. We'll get HamJam to call and give you a synopsis of the game.:roflol: