Mcminn Central at Polk Co.

BALLCOACH93

oh please, Band gets what it wants. Who won the war over the concession stand a couple years back. BAND!!!!!! Band is uno number one, first, above all else, how else do I need to say it. Jeez, look at the record That school has never had a winning season playing in the correct classification for the numbers they had enrolled. Yeah, they won some games playing in the old 3A classification and had 5A enrollment numbers. Now I will say they have an up and coming wrestling program. They stuck with a coach and he is turning it into a good program. Change football coaches and the program will remain mediocre at best and 3 yrs down the road, someone will be blaming that head coach.

Thats cause the principle was a band director, think he felt at that time the band was overlooked in certain matters? But I agree, baseball basketbal most other sports they can compete but fall belongs to the halftime show. That said they have a strong academic program and most kid who attend there love it. But back to topic Polk should be fine by years end if they stay healthy only team that can maybe stay with them is Meigs in district, but who made out that out of district schedule? Bc, Sig mtn. and South pitt, then another large school in Chatt Central? what where you drinkin, Conasauga moonshine?

But back to topic Polk should be fine by years end if they stay healthy only team that can maybe stay with them is Meigs in district, but who made out that out of district schedule? Bc, Sig mtn. and South pitt, then another large school in Chatt Central? what where you drinkin, Conasauga moonshine?

You don't improve by playing creampuffs - that would be the easy way to State.

:thumb:

I agree but it's hard to stay healthy that way also. Not taking anything away from them, schedule out of district will help them in playoffs,just hope they stay healthy for when it counts

Yes and no, what happens will happen if it's going to - remember Serge Foster? Lost his leg from the knee down in a scrimmage. He was good and a stupid hit in a meaningless game ruined what could have been a promising D1 career. I need to look him up in fact, he was one of Cody's best friends, and is a great young man.

Point is, stupid bad things occur in football. You hope and pray for the best, but things happen whether you're playing Alcoa or some scrub team from Georgia. Sucks but there it is.

That was awful last night,Central looked liked a pee-wee team playing.Central high school needs to get rid of coach goodin and all his brothers.Their horrible coaches!Oh but wait,Central is so young and has no talent right now, right?What will be the excuse now, and for the rest of the season?The goodin clan needs to move on and let someone else coach at central,It just aint working out!

Who would you like to see take over?

Maybe we can get derrick davis?

McMinn tried more than once and Cleveland too, so I've heard .In my opinion, with all the extra schoolwork (credits) that students have to have now compared to 10-20 years ago coupled with the fact that sport seasons run into each other and there is more than the big 3 (football, basketball, and baseball) for kids to choose from. I've heard some say that there are athletes in the stands, that's true everywhere. We could have said for the past few years that our basketball team would have been alot better with if....IMO, Central is better known for it's basketball and baseball, as Polk is known for football and baseball. Look around, name a school that is successful in all 3 consistently, district competitive not state. Occasionaly one sport picks up but another drops, heck we won a basketball district and region championship in '99:)but I don't think we won a football game that year..the year before Coach DD came home.Good luck to you guys, support the kids that are out there giving all they can. They play on fridays, not sunday.

Yes and no, what happens will happen if it's going to - remember Serge Foster? Lost his leg from the knee down in a scrimmage. He was good and a stupid hit in a meaningless game ruined what could have been a promising D1 career. I need to look him up in fact, he was one of Cody's best friends, and is a great young man.

Point is, stupid bad things occur in football. You hope and pray for the best, but things happen whether you're playing Alcoa or some scrub team from Georgia. Sucks but there it is.

You must have fell and hit your head. A scrub team from GA...lol That is where the serious football is played.

You must have fell and hit your head. A scrub team from GA...lol That is where the serious football is played.

Blah blah blah.... I said that about Arizona football compared to Tennessee football - they are serious here and you know what I mean about scrub teams, all states have 'em - GA was just handy.

:roflol: