Westview vs Obion Central. Who you got?

westview4sho

We all know the outcome of that game. We were there, saw the score, know it's the biggest thing that will ever happen to your team... you beat the Chargers. OK, move on. We didnt talk this much about beating Milan last year because our fans have class. This is about OC and Westview. Go back to the 2A boards.

Regarding the OC / Westview game (if that's ok with you, HOG), our defense will have a time handling their offense. We have a lot of talent on defense, and OC is talented in many directions. Let's hope the referees do not conference all night like they did last year. The game lasted twice as long as it had to. We were glad to get out with the win. Go Chargers.

I agree about the officals they took there time an still didnt get most of the calls right for either side, maybe it will be better this year.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We Milan fans know Westview is a team that not only gets better every week, but somehow

gets alot better every week!! If I were OC I would forget about the Dreseden game, and even

the Mckenzie game. I'm here to tell you that if Westview played those two teams later in

the year they would run 'um off the field. I say Obion will see a Martin team they didn't

expect. Milan and Westview IMO have the two best coaching staffs in 13AA and are still

the top two teams.

Westview 27

Onion Central 10

We Milan fans know Westview is a team that not only gets better every week, but somehow

gets alot better every week!! If I were OC I would forget about the Dreseden game, and even

the Mckenzie game. I'm here to tell you that if Westview played those two teams later in

the year they would run 'um off the field. I say Obion will see a Martin team they didn't

expect. Milan and Westview IMO have the two best coaching staffs in 13AA and are still

the top two teams.

Westview 27

Onion Central 10

I wouldnt worry about OC under estimating westview, thats not what coach Jackson and his staff do. Thanks for the heads up though an good luck to MILAND the rest of the year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This game will be a low scoring game. OC has yet to play a fast defence like westview has this year. Im interested to see how Phipps plays with a little pressure in his face like he will see friday night. On the other hand, westview cant seem to bring it together on offense. The westview offensive line is going to have to get better. I suppose Coady will make more adjustments then ever to beat OC this year. Im gonna have to go with OC this week 10-7..

Edited by bricklayer1

Sorry to state the facts. I've all ready stated that they can run the ball so of course they will convert 4th downs. If they don't pass successfully the opponent overloads the line to stop the run. You can make excuses like the line not blocking or receiver runs the wrong route but accuracy and reads are the qb's job. QB has got to come through for the rest of the team.

Sorry to state the facts. I've all ready stated that they can run the ball so of course they will convert 4th downs. If they don't pass successfully the opponent overloads the line to stop the run. You can make excuses like the line not blocking or receiver runs the wrong route but accuracy and reads are the qb's job. QB has got to come through for the rest of the team.

I actually wacthed a westview lineman miss 4 different blocks in the game agaisnt Mckenzie. Mckenzie was running a 3-4 on defence those couple plays as well. The line needs work

This game will be a low scoring game. OC has yet to play a fast defence like westview has this year. Im interested to see how Phipps plays with a little pressure in his face like he will see friday night. On the other hand, westview cant seem to bring it together on offense. The westview offensive line is going to have to get better. I suppose Coady will make more adjustments then ever to beat OC this year. Im gonna have to go with OC this week 10-7..

Ripley's defense is twice as fast as Westview's.

Ripley's defense is twice as fast as Westview's.

Ripley doesn't have a coach. That's a difference there. As for this game...O C is the real deal. Now, on the other hand. Cody is one of the best at making adjustments. If O C reads to much and hears to much, Westview will slip a win right out from underneath the Rebels. Should be a good game. Good luck to the Rebels in this one.

Edited by UCGRAD

The above statement is not actually true. The Rebels HAVE faced a defense (correctly spelled) somewhat faster than Westview's...Now, the Rebels had limited success against this defense which no doubt has made the Rebel offense much better in seeing these looks and experiencing that type of quickness. I'm glad that this scrimmage is turning into an annual event. I think the work against OCCHS has definately helped our kids and apparently has had a similar effect on the Rebels!

Given his wisdom...I trust Coach Cody will find a way to slow the Rebels down...I just don't know if he has enough ponies to even up the score! Good luck to both teams...please someone report on the attendance after Friday's game! Would love to see this one!

Edited by QBClubPrez