Westview vs Obion Central. Who you got?

westview4sho

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From listening to the radio and what two diehard Rebel fans called and told me after the game, Westview gave the Rebels a challenge in the first half. They moved the ball little by little on the Rebels in the first half. They also went on to say the Westview fumble on the Rebels 1 yrd line and returned for a Rebel T D was a game changer. Westview scores then and the entire game would have been different. Now this is coming from Rebel fans that were there. The Rebels came out in the second half and held Westview at bay and the depth took over for the Rebels as well as skilled players. Congrats to the Rebels for sure. The Train is rolling as it seems. Enjoy the year, tey don't come around very often, especially for the Rebel program. Things may get back to normal next year loosing ALL skilled players.

After watching the game lastnight. It was a battle in the first half. The fumble of the 1 yardline was a big game changer. WEstview should of scored the on the play it would of been 14-13 going into halftime. But they didnt score. OC has some really quick recievers who can catch the ball. #21 from OC is probably top 3 running back in West TN

I think everyone involved figured Westview wouldn't show up and bend over for the Rebels...I'm sure a lot of Westview fans, deep down, didn't think their Chargers would really lose to OC...OC ??...Naw...Really ??...

I knew Westview would give the Rebels a game but I also knew that OC had a better football team right now...I picked a 31-14 Rebel win...33-17 is pretty close...Anytime you go into Martin against a Don Coady coached team and come out with a two TD win, you know you have done something and it's something to be proud of...

This is probably Shawn Jackson's signature win for this program...Every win from here on out is another...Looking at the schedule, and this is just for fun and for fans...I know Jackson will have his team only focused on one team at a time starting with Crockett County this Friday night...CC this week, @ GC, @ Montgomery Central and South Gibson before an open date...The Rebels will be favored in every one of these games...That's 7-0 before a huge home game against Covington...This could be one for the record books for OC...

Just like reelfoot72 posted...Everyone said Westview would be OC's first big test...Well, it was and OC passed the test and they didn't play an A+ type game...Jackson and his coaching staff can go into film sessions and show his team what they did wrong and what they can improve on...This Rebel team can get better and that's not good for the rest of 13AA...

From listening to the radio and what two diehard Rebel fans called and told me after the game, Westview gave the Rebels a challenge in the first half. They moved the ball little by little on the Rebels in the first half. They also went on to say the Westview fumble on the Rebels 1 yrd line and returned for a Rebel T D was a game changer. Westview scores then and the entire game would have been different. Now this is coming from Rebel fans that were there. The Rebels came out in the second half and held Westview at bay and the depth took over for the Rebels as well as skilled players. Congrats to the Rebels for sure. The Train is rolling as it seems. Enjoy the year, tey don't come around very often, especially for the Rebel program. Things may get back to normal next year loosing ALL skilled players.

Then again, this may become what you call "the normal". Time and again your posts reflect your cynicism towards the Rebel program.

Westview has a good football team that is somewhat struggling in key areas. They are still a good win for OC and any one else that faces them. They had the most balanced attack the Rebels have seen thus far in the season but the Rebel defense is very improved this year. Westview managed the clock and limited the offensive opportunities for OC, but the Rebels were able to cash in on them. The Chargers seemed to lack the swagger they normally carry, possibly due to the experience factor. But they have good players and will IMO finish the season strong. Good luck to Westview hereafter.

As for OC, good game. The defense did a great job which kept the pressure off the offense. The late score with both teams playing reserves kept this from being a 23 point win. If anyone beats the Chargers by 23, you've done a great job. Time to prepare for Crockett County, and take no team lightly. As for those who say this is the most talented team OC ever had or ever will have, you must not remember the Chris Hill teams. They had an awesome offense as well. OC may not have an elegant past, but here's to an elegant future!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think everyone involved figured Westview wouldn't show up and bend over for the Rebels...I'm sure a lot of Westview fans, deep down, didn't think their Chargers would really lose to OC...OC ??...Naw...Really ??...

I knew Westview would give the Rebels a game but I also knew that OC had a better football team right now...I picked a 31-14 Rebel win...33-17 is pretty close...Anytime you go into Martin against a Don Coady coached team and come out with a two TD win, you know you have done something and it's something to be proud of...

This is probably Shawn Jackson's signature win for this program...Every win from here on out is another...Looking at the schedule, and this is just for fun and for fans...I know Jackson will have his team only focused on one team at a time starting with Crockett County this Friday night...CC this week, @ GC, @ Montgomery Central and South Gibson before an open date...The Rebels will be favored in every one of these games...That's 7-0 before a huge home game against Covington...This could be one for the record books for OC...

Just like reelfoot72 posted...Everyone said Westview would be OC's first big test...Well, it was and OC passed the test and they didn't play an A+ type game...Jackson and his coaching staff can go into film sessions and show his team what they did wrong and what they can improve on...This Rebel team can get better and that's not good for the rest of 13AA...

[/quote

Edited by UCGRAD

Then again, this may become what you call "the normal". Time and again your posts reflect your cynicism towards the Rebel program.

Westview has a good football team that is somewhat struggling in key areas. They are still a good win for OC and any one else that faces them. They had the most balanced attack the Rebels have seen thus far in the season but the Rebel defense is very improved this year. Westview managed the clock and limited the offensive opportunities for OC, but the Rebels were able to cash in on them. The Chargers seemed to lack the swagger they normally carry, possibly due to the experience factor. But they have good players and will IMO finish the season strong. Good luck to Westview hereafter.

As for OC, good game. The defense did a great job which kept the pressure off the offense. The late score with both teams playing reserves kept this from being a 23 point win. If anyone beats the Chargers by 23, you've done a great job. Time to prepare for Crockett County, and take no team lightly. As for those who say this is the most talented team OC ever had or ever will have, you must not remember the Chris Hill teams. They had an awesome offense as well. OC may not have an elegant past, but here's to an elegant future!

GO REBELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand where you come from. I praise the Rebel program. I give credit where credit is due. The fans of the Rebels are in a position you have not been in many years. There remains several test for the Rebels in the season schedule. Also, everyone has to stay healthy. I listened to the Coaches Corner this morning and Cody had the Rebels right where he wanted them at 10 to 13. He said the T D before half changed the outcome of the game. As for the last T D...the Rebels only had one ( 1 ) sub in the game and the Chargers picked on the sub to set up the T D with the Chargers backup Q B in. This is all water under the bridge. As I have said..these years only come around so often. The Rebels have alot of skilled players in key positions. It's time to move on to the next game....one which Crocket County will be ready to play I'm sure with Coach Ward. Have fun with each game...win or loose. For as many years as the Rebels have been 0 - 10 , 1 - 9, 2 - 8...this one will wipe away those memories for some time. Good Luck and take one game at a time. I just tell it like it is and the trueth, it is you that can't read the in between lines. Sorry you feel this way but it is what it is.