BA @ MBA

Custer

Not the rivalry that it use to be. MBA vs Ensworth overshadows this game now every year. BA still sees this game as a big rivalry game though, that will be an advantage for BA. MBA has home field advantage and will be looking for revenge from getting spanked by BA last year. As usual, the team with the least turnovers will win. Should be a low scoring game. Bars blocking Baron will be a game in itself.

Not the rivalry that it use to be. MBA vs Ensworth overshadows this game now every year. BA still sees this game as a big rivalry game though, that will be an advantage for BA. MBA has home field advantage and will be looking for revenge from getting spanked by BA last year. As usual, the team with the least turnovers will win. Should be a low scoring game. Bars blocking Baron will be a game in itself.

I'm not sure I agree that the rivalry has been diminished. I think it's more a matter of MBA picking up another rival in Ensworth. At the varsity level, they haven't been playing all that long, but the first two games were so important, the second one being an absolutely epic game. Games like that give you an instant rivalry. And of course, MBA plays BA at every level from 7th grade on.

For my money (I was MBA from '73-'79), Ryan is the great rival. The '71 game drew 28,000 at Vanderbilt.

• Upvote 1

Both teams have losses to same team (Trinity)

Who wins?

It's hard to say. It's always a dogfight. A quick look at the stats from the 2 teams common opponent is probably misleading in terms of a prediction. These are the stats from the games per a prominent "unapproved" website:

BA gave up 198 yds passing and 126 yards rushing to Trinity for a total of 324 yards.

MBA was much more generous. They gave up 296 yds on the ground and 348 yards through the air for a total of 644 yards.

Edited by doct

Seems much too early in the season for these two big boys to be bumping heads, but I wouldn't be too surprised to see a re-match down the road in the playoffs no matter who wins this one. Even though it is at MBA, I am gonna go with BA, 21-17.

Lot of tradition at MBA. Don't sell the Big Red short. The running back loss is a big blow, but they will show up ready to win. I like it MBA 28 BA 21.

We lost our go to running back for 2011 pre-season to knee surgery. Regardless, I think BA definitely has the edge. I really liked what I saw Friday night at Maplewood especially in regards to our receiver corps. Its going to be a close, good game. Play anything less than every second of all four quarters will result in an L. BA 21-17