Wartburg at Oneida

SmashMouth

Also, I want to give a huge thumbs up to Mr. Andrew Bernard. He is the band director at Oneida. 4 or 5 years ago, Oneida marched like 10 kids on the field and they all had differnt colors of orange. it was tough. My oldest son looked at me, scared and said "is that our band?"

New day for the Pride of the Tribe. 45 members, sound powerful, lots of girls whippin around flags. Excellent Job Mr. Bernard! Music is the soul of any community and I'm very proud that a smaller school like Oneida can support such a talented group of musicans! :thumb:

Smash I left you a message on the WG thread. I had to say my peace & now I'm done over there. To much buffalo chip piling up in there.

As for Wartburg, don't get your hopes to high but rumor has it there may be a dirty bird sighting that night, if so it'll be the first in awhile. As for the game, after the way last year shook out, all I need to say is :hungry: ! ! !

Edited by crow

Smash I left you a message on the WG thread. I had to say my peace & now I'm done over there. To much buffalo chip piling up in there.

As for Wartburg, don't get your hopes to high but rumor has it there may be a dirty bird sighting that night, if so it'll be the first in awhile. As for the game, after the way last year shook out, all I need to say is :hungry: ! ! !

I will take Oneida BIG in this one!

First District game for both teams. These boys know each other well. I think the Indians are gonna be tough in this one!

Smash my brother! Well, I saw the dogs play Friday and while they really hung tough the first quarter, Pigeon Forge's size, depth and GREAT running backs finally started to wear them down and then the flood gates opened. Wartburg is pretty young but they DO have good size and experience up front and I thought their defensive line played great Friday. The only problem was their punting was deplorable! When the dogs finally started getting their offense going it was too little too late. But watch #16 at running back;the kid is a warrior! He's a transfer from Coalfield and he runs like his life depends on it every play! It'll probably take more than one brave to take him down! When he went out in the 3rd quarter, he already had almost 100 yards rushing! Well, don't know if I'll make it to the game, but I hope it's a good one. BTW, I always ask about Flair on here, but where in THE WORLD is Kaz? Has he left the country? Has he gone into overseas business with Flair? What gives?

Smash my brother! Well, I saw the dogs play Friday and while they really hung tough the first quarter, Pigeon Forge's size, depth and GREAT running backs finally started to wear them down and then the flood gates opened. Wartburg is pretty young but they DO have good size and experience up front and I thought their defensive line played great Friday. The only problem was their punting was deplorable! When the dogs finally started getting their offense going it was too little too late. But watch #16 at running back;the kid is a warrior! He's a transfer from Coalfield and he runs like his life depends on it every play! It'll probably take more than one brave to take him down! When he went out in the 3rd quarter, he already had almost 100 yards rushing! Well, don't know if I'll make it to the game, but I hope it's a good one. BTW, I always ask about Flair on here, but where in THE WORLD is Kaz? Has he left the country? Has he gone into overseas business with Flair? What gives?

SCW86, it's on next week Bro! Always look forward to the Wartburg game. Kaz is floating around, here and there! I hear all the girls at Wal-Mart and El Rey swoon and bat their eyes talking about the Nature Boy, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of that cat!

I'm super proud of the Indians. Still a bit rough here and there but double tough. Really putting in some effort to compete. I look for Wartburg to be in all 4 quarters. Every time I watch em they play all night long, regardless of the score.

This will be another good test for Oneida. The last two weeks Oneida was "in the mix" but not a clear favorite. Against a younger Wartburg team, I think the Indians are favored, but how will they handle that.

SCW86, it's on next week Bro! Always look forward to the Wartburg game. Kaz is floating around, here and there! I hear all the girls at Wal-Mart and El Rey swoon and bat their eyes talking about the Nature Boy, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of that cat!

I'm super proud of the Indians. Still a bit rough here and there but double tough. Really putting in some effort to compete. I look for Wartburg to be in all 4 quarters. Every time I watch em they play all night long, regardless of the score.

This will be another good test for Oneida. The last two weeks Oneida was "in the mix" but not a clear favorite. Against a younger Wartburg team, I think the Indians are favored, but how will they handle that.

Yeah, to think the guy has signed autographs all over the globe and there he is stylin' and profilyn at the local haunts! I know it is quite a task to beat Oneida at home and the dogs are facing an uphill battle! I was fortunate to be on a Wartburg team that did in '84, but I felt like I'd been in a street fight afterwards! You know I didn't mention earlier that Wartburg hasn't had everyone healthy so far and I think that it's really hindered them. Last week their starting QB was out and they had to go with a sophomore, and they STILL have a starting O-lineman out (their center!), not to mention some valuable back up skill players. I would really like to see them at full at full speed. Honestly I don't know if they would beat Oneida, but it would probably be a decent game. But hey, I still look for a worthwhile contest, and by the way I'm gonna have to come up to that Mexican place to eat. I've heard a lot of good things about it! I can't get the wife to go to games much anymore, but since I have a bunch of distant relatives up there, maybe I caould make it a reunion or sorts! Smash, if you see Flair or Kaz, tell 'em to jump on here-it don't seem right without em!

Yeah, to think the guy has signed autographs all over the globe and there he is stylin' and profilyn at the local haunts! I know it is quite a task to beat Oneida at home and the dogs are facing an uphill battle! I was fortunate to be on a Wartburg team that did in '84, but I felt like I'd been in a street fight afterwards! You know I didn't mention earlier that Wartburg hasn't had everyone healthy so far and I think that it's really hindered them. Last week their starting QB was out and they had to go with a sophomore, and they STILL have a starting O-lineman out (their center!), not to mention some valuable back up skill players. I would really like to see them at full at full speed. Honestly I don't know if they would beat Oneida, but it would probably be a decent game. But hey, I still look for a worthwhile contest, and by the way I'm gonna have to come up to that Mexican place to eat. I've heard a lot of good things about it! I can't get the wife to go to games much anymore, but since I have a bunch of distant relatives up there, maybe I caould make it a reunion or sorts! Smash, if you see Flair or Kaz, tell 'em to jump on here-it don't seem right without em!

Get on over to El Rey...best mexican this side of the pecos. I know, almost all my friends are Mexican American outside of Oneida!

Oneida has found their team and they are tough. These boys are not mean yet, but they will stick to the task at hand. Either way..we will see how they fare as the favorites to win. Play a team like Central that's not gonna go way, all game long...could end up getting upset!

I like Wartburg, tough kids, they represent your town well. The Tribe needs to get their head right, practice hard and finish all 4 quarters!

Was it me,or did that west green tailback look winded at the end of the game?

Yeah, I think he wore out some. Man, he was still pretty speedy! Both #32 and the backup. I'm hoping our Indians come out and play hard right from the start. No disrespect to Wartburg but I think Oneida is favored in the contest. As crazy as it sounds, that can be a dangerous thing for a younger team. Either way, I don't think Coach Brewster will let up on em though and the Indians are gonna come out ready to go!