5A State Champion predictions

HCRedSwarm

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ridgeway is not a contender this year...lets get that out 1st and foremost...for whatever reason they must have lost a ton of talent...they may have several D1 commits but they cant seem to open it up like last year...unless theyre all suspended and waiting in the wings its not happening...

columbia is my fav...henry county is a solid pick for the semis but i dont think they can hang with powell and mo west or whoever comes out of midstate

much respect for HC ftbl but the qb just doesnt seem to have the arm and a 1 dimensional team just doesnt win it all in large class ftbl

ridgeway is not a contender this year...lets get that out 1st and foremost...for whatever reason they must have lost a ton of talent...they may have several D1 commits but they cant seem to open it up like last year...unless theyre all suspended and waiting in the wings its not happening...

columbia is my fav...henry county is a solid pick for the semis but i dont think they can hang with powell and mo west or whoever comes out of midstate

much respect for HC ftbl but the qb just doesnt seem to have the arm and a 1 dimensional team just doesnt win it all in large class ftbl

I wouldn't call HC 1-Dimensional - Their version of a passing game just isn't a Spread Offense, "Air it Out" approach. HC's QB's biggest weapon is his speed, and with speed comes opportunities given to him in coverage. HC has a very solid "#1 WR", along with a D1 H-Back/FB. Mix that in with good number of pure athletes, and I would say that they're far from "1-Dimensional". To repeat what's been said - It's early. I wouldn't count out anybody that has been mentioned in this thread, ESPECIALLY Ridgeway.

Which, in your opinion, is Henry County's dimension?

Which, in your opinion, is Henry County's dimension?

HC running game is very impressive behind that line...i dont know what happened at beech...would love for someone to post some stats for us...but from what i saw against liberty...who hardly ever put pressure on the qb...the only passes that were completed were to the rb in the flat and maybe a screen or 2...and 2 5-7yd routes by the TE...the qb didnt seem very accurate to me and i felt that the TE really made some big time plays on the catches and was able to keep from losing his balance to turn upfield to get the 1st downs...that happened twice that i remember...the only other pass of note that sticks out in my mind was the 20 yard hailmary at the end of the 2nd i believe...problem was it was from the 35...he just kinda threw it straight up and never got any depth on it...in all honesty it shoulda been picked off but libertys safety is more concerned with dropping someone than catching the ball...point being that for a hailmary it never made it close to the endzone and im pretty sure he wasnt hit...not with that line...no doubt HC qb is fast and smart when it comes to handing off or keeping the ball...i just dont see the arm...not tryin to be a prick about it...like ive said b4 HC is a semifinal team and i hope they can go farther...ive always enjoyed watchin them play...

ps if it wasnt ur TE im sorry for the disrespect...but they were still a 5-7 yard routes

HC running game is very impressive behind that line...i dont know what happened at beech...would love for someone to post some stats for us...but from what i saw against liberty...who hardly ever put pressure on the qb...the only passes that were completed were to the rb in the flat and maybe a screen or 2...and 2 5-7yd routes by the TE...the qb didnt seem very accurate to me and i felt that the TE really made some big time plays on the catches and was able to keep from losing his balance to turn upfield to get the 1st downs...that happened twice that i remember...the only other pass of note that sticks out in my mind was the 20 yard hailmary at the end of the 2nd i believe...problem was it was from the 35...he just kinda threw it straight up and never got any depth on it...in all honesty it shoulda been picked off but libertys safety is more concerned with dropping someone than catching the ball...point being that for a hailmary it never made it close to the endzone and im pretty sure he wasnt hit...not with that line...no doubt HC qb is fast and smart when it comes to handing off or keeping the ball...i just dont see the arm...not tryin to be a prick about it...like ive said b4 HC is a semifinal team and i hope they can go farther...ive always enjoyed watchin them play...

ps if it wasnt ur TE im sorry for the disrespect...but they were still a 5-7 yard routes

The "hail mary" you're referring to was a play in which the qb lost his grip on the ball before he completed his windup, which made the pass very high and wobbly. That certainly wasn't any indication of his accuracy. And we did actually complete about a 20 yard pass to a receiver just before half time. We only passed the ball 8 times the whole game if I remember correctly. Really not enough of a sample. We rarely passed because we really didn't need to. Our "multi-dimensional" running game was doing enough damage. Same story against Beech, in which we only passed the ball 7 times. One of which was a 32 yard touchdown pass.

Edited by RedSwarm10

The "hail mary" you're referring to was a play in which the qb lost his grip on the ball before he completed his windup, which made the pass very high and wobbly. That certainly wasn't any indication of his accuracy. And we did actually complete about a 20 yard pass to a receiver just before half time. We only passed the ball 8 times the whole game if I remember correctly. Really not enough of a sample. We rarely passed because we really didn't need to. Our "multi-dimensional" running game was doing enough damage. Same story against Beech, in which we only passed the ball 7 times. One of which was a 32 yard touchdown pass.

Nothing wrong with pounding the ball all game. Oakland won the state championship in 2008 attempting just one pass. They only attempted 2 in the semi-finals, which they won 35-0. You can win championships with just a great running game and defense

Nothing wrong with pounding the ball all game. Oakland won the state championship in 2008 attempting just one pass. They only attempted 2 in the semi-finals, which they won 35-0. You can win championships with just a great running game and defense

Small world. I actually had a younger cousin who played on that Oakland team. Remember it vividly. That team was STACKED :thumb: