Powell vs. Halls

osunut2

Powell has started out strong offensively, putting up 300+ rushing yards against Rhea County and Austin-East. The big surprise for me has been the Panther defense these first 2 weeks, despite a number of injuries. FootballDad, thanks for the injury update last week!

Halls got a huge confidence-building win in week 0 against Clinton, but really struggled against a good Sevier County team on Friday. Any predictions for Friday night's game?

Powell can pave Emory Rd with Panther Paws this week because it will be nothing but a trail of destruction for the Red Devils. Halls is so overmatched in this contest that even a George Quarles/Gary Rankin coaching combo couldn't prevent the inevitable outcome. Of course my opinion stems largely from watching last years thrashing and recalling that there is never any mercy shown between these 2 schools. There was a time when Halls had the upper hand and relished the pounding they gave the Panthers. Well, the pendulum has swung and now it is Powell doing the pounding. The Panthers are poised for a run at the state championship and that spells doom for Halls. I believe the only mercy shown will be what is required with the running clock rule. Strange things can happen in strong rivalry games such as this, but I simply can't find any reason to suggest that this will be a close game. I know both teams will come out and play hard but the talent pool is much deeper on the west side of Emory Rd right now. Good luck to both teams for an injury free, clean game.

Powell wins big.

Powell can pave Emory Rd with Panther Paws this week because it will be nothing but a trail of destruction for the Red Devils. Halls is so overmatched in this contest that even a George Quarles/Gary Rankin coaching combo couldn't prevent the inevitable outcome. Of course my opinion stems largely from watching last years thrashing and recalling that there is never any mercy shown between these 2 schools. There was a time when Halls had the upper hand and relished the pounding they gave the Panthers. Well, the pendulum has swung and now it is Powell doing the pounding. The Panthers are poised for a run at the state championship and that spells doom for Halls. I believe the only mercy shown will be what is required with the running clock rule. Strange things can happen in strong rivalry games such as this, but I simply can't find any reason to suggest that this will be a close game. I know both teams will come out and play hard but the talent pool is much deeper on the west side of Emory Rd right now. Good luck to both teams for an injury free, clean game.

Powell wins big.

I beg to differ. As any good coach-T poster will tell you, these games have little to do with talent and everything to do with coaching. It all comes down to who makes the right play calls and defensive adjustments. Just ask "nowayhome" they can tell you all about it.

Just like last year at Powell a butt kicking up and down the field Powell will go doing whatever they want the will be out coached is the big part halls D couldn't stop a beach ball just look at last week kurby will cost keven his job I feel bad for the kids but Powell will win this one in a blow out 70-0 if powell doesn't call off the dogs after 50

I beg to differ. As any good coach-T poster will tell you, these games have little to do with talent and everything to do with coaching. It all comes down to who makes the right play calls and defensive adjustments. Just ask "nowayhome" they can tell you all about it.

Sneaky, sorry I don't qualify as a good coach-T poster :mrgreen: , but saying talent has nothing to do with it indicates to me that you and I wouldn't agree on much when it comes to evaluating and prognosticating football games. The one thing we can agree on is that coaching does play a critical role in many closely contested games, this just doesn't happen to be one of those closely contested games in my eyes. However; we will find out this Friday which analysis will prevail. :D

I hope the Red Devils will bring there A game cause they will need to just to have a chance. I believe in the Devils, always have, always will, but something's gotta give. My vote right now is for KJ to call both the o and d this Friday night, maybe that way we could have a fighting chance. Go Devils!

I hope the Red Devils will bring there A game cause they will need to just to have a chance. I believe in the Devils, always have, always will, but something's gotta give. My vote right now is for KJ to call both the o and d this Friday night, maybe that way we could have a fighting chance. Go Devils!

I'm sure that Halls will come out fired up and bring their A game, but it's hard to ignore what happened last year. I just hope that Powell doesn't come out of the gates flat, considering the result from a year ago. I don't think Powell will put up 60+ points this time, but Powell should cruise, 49-14.

I agree with the fact coaching does make a difference other than talent. But you still gotta have some kind of talent and halls is lacking bad. and even if they had the talent they dont have the coaching by far Halls had the talent to go far in the class of 09-10 and the year before but what happend? If you compare the two coaches..Who wins? Julian Or Lowe?

Lowe by far, Mobley could possibly beat the Devils by himself. at least 32-0 giving Powell the win and thats if Powell plays horrible.