where does Raquis Hale fit in the list of all time running backs at S.P.

RoyDJ

Ok...I don't give a rats arse about the terminology of some stupid blocking scheme, but I'll be dammed if someone from Cleveland is going to come in here and bash my program. Newsflash Bradley....Monroe and Tipton aren't walking through those doors anymore. Cleveland sucks! Oh, I'm sure they could beat both of us and SP, but hey...we play schools that are the same relative size as us

, just like you do. Only difference is, we have something to show for it. Why don't you randomly draw out about 300 of your students, both girls and boys, then field a team and come get some...us or South Pitt.

Oh and genius...we don't play in 1A. We have in the past, and we may again in the future. We have two 2A titles, one when it was just three classes, six 1A titles and two 3A semi final apperances in '01 and'02. You may only know about Trousdale because of coacht. Well the only way anybody knows anything about Cleveland outside of your region, is if they are over 30 years old. Most of your players probably weren't even born when Cleveland was making there short run. A model of consistancy over the last 20 years, I tell you. Why are you even over here reading about these inferior teams?

BOOM!!!!!!! VENOM IS SERVED!!!!! THAT IS ALL

Well said!! Lol I think some TrainTracks just came outta Seven....Tellem...Truth Hurts but most don't wanna hear it

THAT 1999 TC VS SP GAME WAS A TOUGH GAME FOR SOUTH PITTSBURG, BUT ON THE TOPIC ON MR. FOOTBALL FINALIST SP HAD A LINEMAN FINALIST ALSO TC HAD ONE AND THEY WENT AT IT HEAD TO HEAD ALL NIGHT AND IN THE END WE ALL KNOW AFTER THAT GAME THE MAN THAT WON THE MR. FOOTBALL LINEMAN WAS THE TRUR MR.FOOTBALL

LINEMAN

TC didn't have a Mr Football Finalist in 99...Sorry but try again

TC didn't have a Mr Football Finalist in 99...Sorry but try again

IM SORRY GUYS I REMEMBER MY YEARS I MAY NOT BE AS SHARP AS ROY DILLARD CAUSE I DON'T HAVE HIS BOOK OR HUSTLER .....

BUT I MEANT GRADUATION YEARS ...I SHOULD HAVE SAID 1998 IN MY LAST QUOTE BUT TRAINTRACKS YOU REMEMBER THE YEAR IM TALKIN ABOUT AND ON THEIR 98 TEAMS THEY DID AND KNOW YOU REMEMBER HIM QUITE WELL BTW IF I REMEMBER CORRECT YOU GOT REALLY TIRED OF SEEING HIM :roflol:

Alright, getting this thread back on topic ...

Uncle Dave brought his A game with his list. Some good ones have been mentioned although I think Hayden isn't getting the credit he deserves in this thread. Also, we all know that Wigfall is the measuring stick for all Pirate runningbacks. I never saw him play but still I know that he is the one that everyone will be compared to and for good reason.

I'll throw out a name that hasn't been mentioned in this thread though. How about South Pittsburg's first all-state runningback: Rusty Adcock. Hoody mentioned him to me today and I couldn't think of why he hasn't been mentioned yet.

As for Hale, he was good. Good enough to be in this conversation. Is he top 5? I don't know. I did say before the season started that he was good enough to be one of the best to ever wear the Orange and Black and I think that he was. He had the numbers to back it up. Most yards rushing in a single season at South Pittsburg and most yards rushing in a single season in the Chattanooga area. Where ever you put him, he is in good company, the Pirates have had a large number of great backs.

you should have stopped after the the first 3 words you posted. :roflolk:

arrogance? listen to you! but hey, i'll play your game. first of all i'm from trousdale. and you want arrogant well here goes. cleveland? yeah they were great for 4 years and that was it. at least i've actually got something to be consistantly arrogant about. i'll see that red bank state championship and raise you my two, then i'll see your all state lineman and raise you a two time mr. football lineman, that says i'm right. i'll see your utc tightend/semi pro and raise him another mr. football lineman winner and ovc defensive player of the year that made all but the final cut with the steelers that says i'm right. then i'll see your stamford fellow and raise him a four year starter from the naval academy that says i'm right. :rolleyes:

chop blocking is a penalty, i've never disputed that. proper cut blocking only goes below the waist when it's done by a piss poor blocker that hasn't been coached correctly and then it becomes a chop block. the reason cut blocking gets a bad name is because poorly coached lineman make it look like crap and get called for chopping. there is no grey area between a legal cut block and an illegally chop block, it's one or the other. it's only been written in a language by legal folks that confuses the masses. again ask all those great minds you polled and ask them if they ever heard of a ref saying, "15 yard penalty for cut blocking" or was it "15 yard penalty for chop blocking. :thumb:

Snoball and Seven, let me ask you a question. Who does this Bradley08 think he is? I garuntee you that he doesnt know what he is talking about. Bradley08, have you ever heard of a side body block? If you haven't you are no coach. The side body block has been around for a long time. You think im joking but im not. You better listen to Snoball and Seven and you will learn something.

ok, where to start... first and for most i will say that nick saban is a well documented liar and anyone from lsu will back that up. :roflolk: we were never taught to block in people legs, i don't know why anyone would be told to block in someones legs unless it was just shady coaching or playing. when we were told to cut block, as with any other block, we blocked on the hip the right way. no matter what you do or don't call it that's how we did/do it.

as for trousdale, we hold championships from single A when their was just 3 classes we may hold a AA from when it was 3 classes and a couple of runner ups. we hold 4 A titles from when it was just 5 classes, we hold a AA championship from 09. we made it to the semi finals 2/4 years when we were in 3a. so that great line about "you are single A, always have been always will be." is by far the most ignorant statement from our conversation. and that old rehashed argument of "we are bigger there fore better" is foolish and dumbfounded. we play teams with the same enrollments because that's how it's set up. take 30 players chosen randomly(not their 30 best athletes) from any team you named good year or bad and they'll be in a dog fight with an average south pittsburg or an average trousdale team. and those schools will probably the underdogs because, as evident by our 20 plus years of consistant winning, we are better coached. :thumb:

that "NOT" statement you tacked on there at the end made everyone that reads this site roll there eyes. :rolleyes::roflolk:

Ok, I deleted my posts because you got me riled up and this topic should have had nothing to do with Trousdale or any other teams.I have always had great respect for South Pitt and what they have done so I should not have put down single A schools. My response was more to your general statements of you being superior and everyone else wrong because you are from Trousdale. I think if you will go back and re-read your posts to me and the other people you will see where you basically said nobody knew what they were talking about but you. When it was mentioned that other people agreed with who-ever posed in regard to the cut blocking first you started trying to put them down and basically said you were from Trousdale and your coaches knew correct terminology and they didnt. You started it with the youthcoach guy first I believe. Its ironic that the only people who have agreed with you are from Trousdale isnt it? You were the only one who had been taught correctly. Everyone had piss poor blocking technique, ect.. If you have never cut blocked anyone below the hip then you were either one bad dude or you havent played anybody very good is all I can say. Its hard to block someone with your helmet on their hip every time especially when they are firing off with low shoulder pad level. Sometimes its impossible to get into correct blocking position without getting your head down and over extended and you have no option but to cut block. Watch this saturday how many times the running backs cut block a blitzing linebacker. Watch how many times a guard comes off his double team to p/u a blitzing linebacker and he cut blocks him. It happens all game, every game at every level of football. If you dont you will get blown up because in a perfect world you cant always get into the picture perfect blocking position. I guess you can and always have because nobody else has been taught correctly except for players from Trousdale . Heck even Nick Saban is wrong, he is a liar and he doesnt even know what he is talking about. maybe you should put on a coaching clinic for him and teach him you know because its evidently more than anyone else.