Big Games in Memphis

kwc

It's Week 2 and some teams are playing their third game of the season. There are some teams who have not performed as anticipated (Ridgeway). There are others who are having a fine season to this point (Memphis East). The season is shaping up to be another good one.

I'm not going to be as elaborate with this weeks post. I just don't have the time. Without futher adieu ... let's get to it shall we? I've picked 7 games this week as the 'BIG GAMES' in Memphis.

Big Games in Memphis

1) MUS @ South Panola, (MS)

If my memory serves me correctly, South Panola lost to Hoover, AL last week. MUS lost it's first game of the season to Ensworth and then pulverized Kingsbury last week. I'm using my right to be a homer and I am pulling for the Memphis team to win.

MUS ... 24, S. Panola ... 21

2) Wooddale vs Southwind @ Halle

This is a hard one to pick. Both have dynamic offenses. Both defenses have faced good opposition already, and have been tested. This one is probably going to come down to intangibles. I'm going with Southwind.

Woodddale ... 28, Southwind ... 35

3) Mitchell vs Fairley @ J.P. Freeman

This game is a very imnportant 4A - district 16 game. The winner of this game is has a leg up on the other in determining who will be the top seed come post season. J.P. Freeman is home field for both teams actually. Fairly is 1-1 with a loss to Whitehaven and a win over Hamilton. Mitchell is 2-0 with victories over Westwood and Manasses. This is going to come down to who wants it the most. Fairley lost thier star RB for the season. Mitchell has WR extraordinaire in the coach's son. I'm going to call this a Mitchell victory.

Micthell ... 28, Fairley ... 21

4) Melrose @ Briarcrest

Melrose is 1-1 on the season with a win over Trezevant and a loss to Overton. Briarcrest is 1-1 on the season with a win over Overton and a loss to East. I think Briarcrest wins on that alone.

Melrose ... 21, Briarcrest ... 35

5) Whitehaven vs. St. Rita (IL) @ East St. Louis

Whitehaven is 2-0 with blowouts over Fairley and Hillcrest. St. Rita is 1-0. Both teams played in the semi-finals of last years state playoffs in their respective state districts and classifications. Illinois has 8 different classifications, and St. Rita is a 7A school. They are a private school like CBHS or MUS. If you know me, you know who I'm pulling for to win.

Whitehaven ... 24, St. Rita 14

6) Houston @ Collierville

This is a district 15 matchup that is a backyard brawl. Both teams are 1-0 with Houston beating Bolton and Collierville beating Hillcrest. I don't know what to think actually, so I'm going with the the homefield advantage.

Houston ... 14, Collierville ... 21

7) Millington @ Bartlett

Millington blasted Kirby last week to go 1-0. Bartlett is 1-1 with a win over Central and a loss to St. Benedict. I didn't expect Bartlett to lose that game. Millington will win this one.

Millington ... 35, Batlett ... 14

Well ... Thats it for me. You guys know what to do. Let's get it going!

Edited by kwc

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KWC Glad to be included this week...LOL I do hope Mitchell wins. Would make my first year back awesome.

Man .... let me be the first to say on CoachT ... welcome baaaaaack Galilee! I hope to see you participate in these weekly posts. Don't be a stranger around these parts. ya here!

Winners:

South Panola- they have something to prove getting beat on TV

Wooddale- working hard to bounce back

Briarcrest-will outcoach and outplay melrose

Whitehaven- too loaded

Collierville- Houston did not look good in scrimmage against Millington

Millington-out to make a statement

I picked Collierville ... but in the back of my mind, Collierville's 20-12 victory of Hillcrest, that lost to Whitehaven 53-0 (That was the score @ halftime, the game was ended due to lightning.) was nagging my brain. I could have just as easily picked Houston.

Here go my picks I usually do not pick but what the heck.

South Panola by 14

Wooddale by 3 TDS

Mitchell by 4 tds

Briarcrest by 17

Whitehaven close because I do not like the Privates and out of state but I will not be surprised the other way.

Houston by 10

I do not publicy pick the TROJAN games

Here go my picks I usually do not pick but what the heck.

South Panola by 14

Wooddale by 3 TDS

Mitchell by 4 tds

Briarcrest by 17

Whitehaven close because I do not like the Privates and out of state but I will not be surprised the other way.

Houston by 10

I do not publicy pick the TROJAN games

Wow ... Wooddale by 3 TD's! Man, I didn't see that one coming.

SP-28/MUS-23: SP has better athletes and good coaching.

Wooddale-22/Southwind-14: Wooddale has better players and coaches should be settled.

Mitchell-34/Fairley-12: The better team should win.

Melrose-20/Briarcrest-18: If Melrose executes on offense, load the box and man on defense, they can win.

Whitehaven-28/St.Rita-17: Whitehaven is absolutely loaded this year.

Houston-20/Collierville-13: Houston in a close one.

Millington-34/Bartlett-17: Bartlett will not handle Millington's physical ground game.

Big Games in Memphis

THE SENATOR NO LONGER HAS TO HOLD HIS TONGUE!!!! :popcorneater:

1) MUS @ South Panola, (MS)

MUS will be in the way of a USP Train unless all of their lineman have gotten 2x bigger since the last time I saw them against scrimmage against Whitehaven.

MUS ... 14, S. Panola ... 38

2) Wooddale vs Southwind @ Halle

This will be a battle of big time backs right here and I believe Javon Robinson will come out on top.

Woodddale ... 28, Southwind ... 20

3) Mitchell vs Fairley @ J.P. Freeman

Fairley looks to bounce back after a good ole fashioned beating put on them by WHITEHAVEN. (HOW DOES 51- 0 FEEL BULLDOGS??? GOOD I HOPE :roflol: ) Too Bad they don't have the Secondary to contend with lil Nate Cole AND THE SPEED of Mitchell. He'll get over 100 yd receiving and 2 TDs as Mitchell should win.

Micthell ... 40, Fairley ... 16

4) Melrose @ Briarcrest

Two of the Best QBs in the Shelby Metro area goin at it in this one. Briarcrest should be tested in the first half but their coaching and kicking will put them over in this one. I would not be surprised at an upset as Will Gross is worth 7 wins by himself!!! REAL TALK

Melrose ... 21, Briarcrest ... 24

5) Whitehaven vs. St. Rita (IL) @ East St. Louis

Whitehaven SHOULD WIN! RESPECT DA HAVEN

Whitehaven

6) Houston @ Collierville

This is a district 15 matchup that can go a LONG WAY in determining 6A Playoff seeding later in the fall. Collierville Barely beat Hilcrest but Hilcrest has some athletes. Houston well who knows??? Coin flip says go with Houston.

Houston ... 20, Collierville ... 17

7) Millington @ Bartlett

I'm going with Millington in a game that should not be as close as it will be.

Millington ... 28, Bartlett ... 27

Not on the Staff this year so it's no holds barred!

RESPECT DA HAVEN.

Edited by BlackHavenSenator