Signal Mountain @ Blackman

smeagleproud

Just got home, 2am. Took the scenic back roads. Didn't see hardly any cars and no semi's. Gave me and Hermit time to reflect on the game from a somewhat altered perspective. :roflolk:

First, let me say, prayers go out to the young man injured late in the game.

Second, crow ain't too bad if ya got enough hot sauce and cold beverage. drinks.gif

EatCrow-1.jpg

Blackman played a heck of a game. Believe this game will get their season back on track. Gotta say after yall's first three games, thought yall were over rated. The team really stepped up to Shad's challenge. I thought Mathers for the first time this year looked like the Mathers of last year, even sitting the end of the 2nd and the entire 4th. Don't know how many yards he wound up with, but it wuz a bunch. We couldn't even slow him down. Think the OL stepped up a lot too.

Thanks to the gracious Blackman posters for acknowledging that this game was much closer than the score. Yall were the better team tonight, and Mathers performed like a D1 SEC back should.:thumb:

Hats off to Reese Phillips, Signal's QB. When we were down a few scores in the 4th, we needed to pass and our OL was whipped. Blackman's sub's came in and played hard. Had their ears pinned back and were flat getting after Reese. Most people might not know that this is only his fourth game at QB. He's been a WR behind Whitmire for the first three years. He's a junior and is the real deal QB as evidenced by his performance in the first three quarters. In the 4th, he got rattled (IMO), was under pressure and tossed three absolutely terrible pick 6's. (21 points) Young QB mistake, and I am sure that this game will mature him tremendously.

For that matter, watching the film of this game will help all of my Eagles take it up to the next level. We're still on track to Cookeville and will be a more formidable opponent after this game.:ph34r:

Well, looks like the eagles wings got clipped. Glad they had at least one team on the schedule that wasn't made by Hostess! Good job. 72-35 is respectable against a 6A school. Signal better stay over there in the hills and play the cupcakes. I can't say much though, my team lost too. Guess that 72-35 score will put that Troll back in the Mountain.

Troll will always be on the Mountain, and my Eagles is always ready.:thumb:

Camden? ... Really?:roflol:

When I went to bed last night I heard the Signal had cut the lead to 3, 35 to 32. I was thinking to myself that I really wasn't that shocked. Imagine my suprise when I woke up this morning and saw a 72 posted next to Blackman's name on the scoreboard. I thought this has to be a type-o and had to verify this with 2 other sites.

Even with your recruiting, when you play a school 2x's your size bad things happen.

We found that out last year in the playoffs.

Sometimes its better to just be the Big fish in the small pond. I assume the flag at the municiple building will be flown at half mast.

This reminds me of a line from 21st Century visionary and poet Marshall Mathers

in his poem entitled "Lose yourself". In which he writes.....

"Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity" :roflol::roflol:

Edited by foozballman

OK, take this from one who does NOT have a dog in the hunt on this one. Blackman is probably only a 5th place team in this region with the next to last defense. Like I said earlier in another thread they can be beat deep passing. Getting picked by Blackman's backs should tell you to go back to shorter routes.

SM has my admiration for playing UP. It will only make you better later this year as you can bet your compitition did NOT come to 7A to play any of us.

Good Luck for the rest of the year.

View Postpitchfork1, on 08 September 2011 - 09:31 PM, said:

According to my sources, I'tavious has shined up his shoes and powered up the jets! Is 250 yds. and 4 TD's possible?

NO WAY ........maybe if they played 10 times...

Itavius with over 300 yards rushing in about 3 quarters. How does it feel to be hit by a train?

And the Tennessean said he (Mathers) had a bad migraine in the first half, and played through it. Meaning SM got a break. Congrats to the Blaze team for sending the eagles (small "e") for a long, slow, QUIET bus ride back to the mountain.