Signal Mountain @ Blackman

smeagleproud

First things first: Pray for the Bledsoe County player's family and football family. His death really reminds us all that this is just a game and of the things that are really important.

Second: The Blackman player only suffered a concussion and will be OK.

The school and environment was great last night for Friday night football. The first half was a great game - both teams swapping points. The Eagles slowed Mathers down a bit and made him work, but he still made it look easy. He is indeed the best I've ever seen.

Blackman's coach was very complimentary of the Eagle team on the radio call-in show this morning and said he knew he was in a ballgame. He said the score is not indicative of the game he played. He's looking forward to coming to the Eagles' Nest next year, and we're looking forward to seeing them again.

We have one probable broken clavical, but are otherwise OK. The Eagles got their wings clipped in the fourth quarter, but they'll grow back by next week!

When I went to bed last night I heard the Signal had cut the lead to 3, 35 to 32. I was thinking to myself that I really wasn't that shocked. Imagine my suprise when I woke up this morning and saw a 72 posted next to Blackman's name on the scoreboard. I thought this has to be a type-o and had to verify this with 2 other sites.

Even with your recruiting, when you play a school 2x's your size bad things happen.

We found that out last year in the playoffs.

Sometimes its better to just be the Big fish in the small pond. I assume the flag at the municiple building will be flown at half mast.

This reminds me of a line from 21st Century visionary and poet Marshall Mathers

in his poem entitled "Lose yourself". In which he writes.....

"Snap back to reality, Oh there goes gravity" :roflol::roflol:

wile_e_coyote_gravity-1.jpg

But it's part of growing up and ultimately will help us soar higher.

eagle_cartwheel-1.jpg

Blackman will be looking for revenge after last night's loss to Siegel. District 7AAA is on a whole different level, not matter which team you play. Blackman takes this one by 35...at least. I'tavius Mathers's over/under: 250 yds. And that's after he comes out early and his brother, Dee, takes over.

I'll take credit for this excellent prediction! Great job Blackman. Way to play 7AAA football. Good luck to SM the rest of the year.

Show 'em how it's done, Blaze!