Signal Mountain @ Blackman

smeagleproud

That was a great high school football game. As coach Shadowens said on the radio, if you couldn't enjoy that game as a fan - you can't enjoy a high school football game.

Signal Mountain has a great football team. I don't think Blackman will see a collection of offensive skill players this year. The offense reminds me of this year's Riverdale in a way. Riverdale might have the edge on straight ahead speed, but those kids were BIG. #3, 7, 9, 32, would START for any team in this county. The QB was outstanding. He was very poised in the pocket and made some really good throws. He got pressed late on the three picks...only 2 were returned for td's.

Their offense was very effecient, but Blackman helped a bunch. 7pts came off of a kick off return...did I mention that #3 was a beast??? They had great field position the whole first 3 quarters because the Blaze couldn't tackle on Kick offs. The second td came with the help of at least 2 15 yard penalties on the Blaze (definately warranted - NOT bad calls at all). Blackman has to clean up the kick off coverage and penalties - that WILL get you beat in this district. The third td was the one that shouldn't have been. SM went for it on 4th and 1 (which they did with success several times), and he was stopped cold on the qb sneak. The qb didn't even make any progress to the line of scrimmage, but the line judge somehow saw him get almost a yard. I am just glad the Blaze were able to respond each time they scored. The 1 minute drive at the end of the half to go up 10 was probably the play of the game.

and, that Mathers kid is pretty good too.

I would imagine that Signal Mountain will be on the short, short list for the gold ball come December. The Blaze faithfull will be pulling for you. I just hope the Blaze can say the same.

Who got hurt for Baylor North last night? Baylor North is still the team to beat in 4A along with Greenville. The winner of that playoff game should win it all this year. I for one am not looking forward to the trip to the mountain in a few weeks. Baylor North is going to light us up..

Baylor in over 100 years of playing football has never allowed that many points to be scored against it. And they have played "up" before.

Seriously spanked.

Blazeburning said:

"The third td was the one that shouldn't have been. SM went for it on 4th and 1 (which they did with success several times), and he was stopped cold on the qb sneak. The qb didn't even make any progress to the line of scrimmage, but the line judge somehow saw him get almost a yard."

I am a Blackman parent and was shooting photos of the game from the stands. SM made the 4th down.

PHOTO LINK http://tinyurl.com/3zabsdo

They are a well coached and physical team and I am sure they will do well.

Good luck to them going forward.

Edited by mat73557

Blazeburning said:

"The third td was the one that shouldn't have been. SM went for it on 4th and 1 (which they did with success several times), and he was stopped cold on the qb sneak. The qb didn't even make any progress to the line of scrimmage, but the line judge somehow saw him get almost a yard."

I am a Blackman parent and was shooting photos of the game from the stands. SM made the 4th down.

PHOTO LINK http://tinyurl.com/3zabsdo

They are a well coached and physical team and I am sure they will do well.

Good luck to them going forward.

Thanks mat, not used to having people say nice things about us. Maybe we ought to lose more often.:roflolk: NOT!

That must be pattonboysdad tilting the yard stick. :roflol:

Blackman is better than their first three games indicated. Wish them the best of fortunes the rest of the season.

Edited by MountainTroll