Oak Ridge @ Powell

SweetScience

Bradley Zulliger will be a success in whatever he does in life , kids like this not only impress their team's fans , they also impress and command the respect of their opponents and their fans too . Glad to hear his name will go into the record books , very deserving young man , and I wish for him to get well as quick as possible .

Very well said pepvol. Thanks for the kind get well wishes, i am sure he would appreciate it.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley Zulliger will be a success in whatever he does in life , kids like this not only impress their team's fans , they also impress and command the respect of their opponents and their fans too . Glad to hear his name will go into the record books , very deserving young man , and I wish for him to get well as quick as possible .

100% agree. Zulliger is very impressive and deserving to be on the books as #1. Hope he heals quickly and is back to play Maryville.

Now you see how much we are missing our starting qb. I hope Bradley gets to come back in a couple of weeks! OR didnt look the same without him.

Yeah but a big diff in losing your schools all time passing leader and 3 year starter than Clintons QB.I thought they could pull it off at halls and when they didnt I found out they would need mick vick to win 5 games with that team.

Take away Mobley and powell would be lucky to win 6 games.Oak Ridge has went 4 years without a big time threat and really because ss killed the program but be ready because thats all Oak Ridge is missing.You put Demarcus Rodgers on this team and they would be 9-1 goin into the playoffs.We had that tallent just 4 years ago when we won a game on kick and punt returns(3) vs fulton.We havent returned a kick or punt for a TD in atleast a year and a half.But dont jump off a bridge because Oak Ridge is that one beast away from being great.Wait and see.But if u are a REAL Oak Ridge fan stay postive and support the team.If your not than I understand hating on em.

Take away Mobley and powell would be lucky to win 6 games.Oak Ridge has went 4 years without a big time threat and really because ss killed the program but be ready because thats all Oak Ridge is missing.You put Demarcus Rodgers on this team and they would be 9-1 goin into the playoffs.We had that tallent just 4 years ago when we won a game on kick and punt returns(3) vs fulton.We havent returned a kick or punt for a TD in atleast a year and a half.But dont jump off a bridge because Oak Ridge is that one beast away from being great.Wait and see.But if u are a REAL Oak Ridge fan stay postive and support the team.If your not than I understand hating on em.

Dont you think Hall is good enough at RB to make us great? What do you see us being like next year? we lose a lot on offense next year at real key positions. 3 of the linemen and Bradley. Whats your opinion?

i doubt rally will make much of a difference BR lol...Its Blades job to do that. I have heard Blade isn't what you would call a master motivator. Gaddis was. Gaddis could have you wanting to run through brick walls for him. Kids wanted to play for him, make him happy. I just dont know if Blade has that type of personality to get these kids out there. I am afraid he doesn't. Good x's and o's coach. Not a great motivator. Just what i have heard personally.

The information you have heard about Coach Blade is way off. He is a great motivator to say the least and a good x's and o's coach . Sour grapes if you heard otherwise. OR just doesnt have many real good players . Look at Hillsboro without Blade (awful). He is definitely not the coach who will go into the hallways and kiss potential players bottoms to get them out for ball. He will build a staff who will work harder than any other and demand excellence from the kids in the programs.

Isn't it possible that maybe, just maybe, some kids would rather use their talent and skill set to play sports other than football? I don't fault a kid at all who would rather concentrate on academics or another sport, especially if they just don't want to play football. Your grandfather is exactly right, blade. My dad had a similar saying - "You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him thirsty." Just ask any teacher who is trying to help a student in the classroom. A teacher can only do so much to motivate. The rest of it is up to the student.

The same is true on the gridiron.

The same is true in any sport. I'd like to see more kids participating in team sports at the high school level, but I don't agree that every good athlete ought to end up playing football. Some of them are born to run track, such as a couple of the kids someone mentioned earlier. Some are basketball players who spend their time developing their basketball skills, such as one of the other guys someone mentioned earlier. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

The same is true in any sport. I'd like to see more kids participating in team sports at the high school level, but I don't agree that every good athlete ought to end up playing football. Some of them are born to run track, such as a couple of the kids someone mentioned earlier. Some are basketball players who spend their time developing their basketball skills, such as one of the other guys someone mentioned earlier. There's nothing wrong with that at all.

Well, we put a beatdown on Powell's freshman team tonight 36-0, so whatever little run Powell has on us should end pretty soon lol

HTV, sounds like an extra point would have won it. Why did they not do overtime? that was a kissin' your sister ending.

Yep. Both teams went for 2 after their TD and came up short.

Don't have an answer on the OT question. There was never any indication of an intention to go to OT. Both teams immediately went to the middle of the field to shake hands after the final play.