Oak Ridge @ Powell

SweetScience

Thursday night game which will be televised by Mark Packer and crew woo hoo lol. Anyways, I am going to pick against my OR boys this week. I think at this point in the season Powell has too much firpower for us, hate to say. But, with the emergence of Matthew Moore at RB against Central i think we have at least found us another playmaker. OR hasn't played nearly as well as i think they are capable of playing, but i think right now at this point just like last year Powell is the better team. Powell may be one of the top 5 teams in the whole state right now no matter classification. Just my opinion. I wish we could play this game later in the year, cause Blade teams seem to always start out slow. OR definitely needs to work on their tackling, i think if they can bottle up Mobley, which is a big IF they may have a chance. That is easier said then done though. This is a young OR defense, but they are still learning. Blade is gonna have them boys working on the tackling this week in practice. On the interview after the game tonight he said that and sounded kinda mad when he said it. I look for improvement, but i am taking Powell 38-21 in this one. Hope im wrong.

Edited by SweetScience

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday night game which will be televised by Mark Packer and crew woo hoo lol. Anyways, I am going to pick against my OR boys this week. I think at this point in the season Powell has too much firpower for us, hate to say. But, with the emergence of Matthew Moore at RB against Central i think we have at least found us another playmaker. OR hasn't played nearly as well as i think they are capable of playing, but i think right now at this point just like last year Powell is the better team. Powell may be one of the top 5 teams in the whole state right now no matter classification. Just my opinion. I wish we could play this game later in the year, cause Blade teams seem to always start out slow. OR definitely needs to work on their tackling, i think if they can bottle up Mobley, which is a big IF they may have a chance. That is easier said then done though. This is a young OR defense, but they are still learning. Blade is gonna have them boys working on the tackling this week in practice. On the interview after the game tonight he said that and sounded kinda mad when he said it. I look for improvement, but i am taking Powell 38-21 in this one. Hope im wrong.

I agree with you SS. I believe Powell is too strong for the Wildcats this early in the season. I will be pulling for OR, but i believe the Panthers take this one 35-14.

We still haven't reached the half way point of the season so teams are still developing and finding their identities. Injuries, weather, etc... can all play a role of course. But, I must agree that Powell has more firepower at this time than OR. Offensively the Panthers are a BIG challenge. I think Powell will win this game, but OR will be the best team the Panthers have faced up to this point and really the only team in the district this year that has much of a shot of beating Powell, maybe Hardin Valley as well, but it certainly will be difficult for the Wildcats this friday night @ Powell. Good luck to both teams for an injury free clean game. I will say Powell by 2 touchdowns.

I am picking Powell by two touch downs and it maybe three. At this point our D. is still not performing up to standard. Our QB will still not be able pass against Powell. We are in for a long night.. And we have to listen to Packer and that round guy who misses Stanton Stevens.

I am sure Packer and Company will be pulling as hard as they can for Powell, which does have a very good team, but if the Wildcats come out fired up, which they have not been yet this season, they could steal a win here. GO CATS!!

Thank You CJ... I'm glad I'm not the only person that thinks the cats have been flat. Eceryone on the sideline with arms crossed...... Maybe being the underdog will wake them up!!!

I am sure Packer and Company will be pulling as hard as they can for Powell, which does have a very good team, but if the Wildcats come out fired up, which they have not been yet this season, they could steal a win here. GO CATS!!

Why would Packer and Co be pulling for Powell? I think they pull more for good football games for their TV audience than for anything else.

This OUGHT to fire up the Wildcats....2010... HALFTIME SCORE.... Powell 34 Oak Ridge 3.

It should but they were flat against Farrugut and they beat us 5 times in a row and that wasn't enough. I hope they get fired up for this one.

Come on seniors.....Powell called the dogs off last year...who would have ever thought......