Sevier County vs. Dobyns-Bennett

dbFAN91

Graham Clark is going for win #200 as a Head Coach. Overall record is 199-44 (82% winning percentage). 19 wins came at Chilhowie HS in VA. (2 season there, record was 19-3 (86%).

The G-Man's record at Dobyns-Bennett is 180-41 (81.5%)> No other Coach in School History ever had 100 wins prior to the G-Man taking over in '93.

GO G-MAN!!!

Roll Tribe Roll

Edited by ArtVandalay

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

High lights from last weeks Jeff Co./SC game for those DB fans that are interested.

Thanks again THSVikings2004 for the heads up

I hope we are able to stay in our lanes on special teams and not make some of the mistakes Jeff did.Always a good game to see between these two former Big East opponents.Be careful and have a great trip up SC fans.

I hope we are able to stay in our lanes on special teams and not make some of the mistakes Jeff did.Always a good game to see between these two former Big East opponents.Be careful and have a great trip up SC fans.

Our secondary has me worried for this game. We might have to score alot of points to win this one.

Two things. (1) We can not defend against a good passing game. (2) We don't have one either. I can see GC fixing #1. Very unlikely that #2 can be corrected. We just don't have the accuracy required nor the ability to read the field quickly. The Bears just made the passing way to easy. They have a very talented quarterback and great receivers. If their D-line had been just a little stronger - entirely different game. #1 has to be fixed before playoff or we die @ round 2, at the latest.

Devo and Cook saved DB tonight. Devo is a very special player. He took it to another level tonight just when they need it. He's a great player. I thought Cook wouldn't make much of a quarterback after watching him at Farragut. He is getting better with every game and played big tonight. Lots of huge plays by both players. DB's defense was the worst I have ever seen them tonight. Wide open receivers on every play.

Two things. (1) We can not defend against a good passing game. (2) We don't have one either. I can see GC fixing #1. Very unlikely that #2 can be corrected. We just don't have the accuracy required nor the ability to read the field quickly. The Bears just made the passing way to easy. They have a very talented quarterback and great receivers. If their D-line had been just a little stronger - entirely different game. #1 has to be fixed before playoff or we die @ round 2, at the latest.

I think you have it wrong. (1) We can not defend against the pass period. It couldn't be worse. Sevier Co has a good team a good QB and recievers. "Good" not great. Maryville is waaay better. If you have been watching the Indians for the past 4 or 5 years, and I know you have, you have seen this trend with our defensive backs gradually get worse. Its coaching. We have had and do have some very good athletes playing back there and theres no reason you should have these guys playing so far off the receivers. They started doing this 4 or 5 years ago and it makes no sense. I have never seen this before with any team ever unless you have some guys that don't have speed. Thats not our problem. Its like we're in prevent defense on every play except its even worse. Our plan seems to be stay at least 10 yards away from the receiver until he catches the ball then try to run him down. Its not going to be fixed. (2) I would of agreed with you after the Farragut game but I have seen big improvement in the QB. He has a ways to go but he is alot better now than he was then. We couldn't of won the game tonight without him. The problem is not on the offensive side, (42 points). Our line on both sides of the ball should of done a better job with a smaller Sevier Co. I know this is a young team but I think we took a big step backwards tonight.